Age 65 Retirement passes House 390-0

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BLUE BAYOU

So here's a question. How effective were your phone calls to your representatives and ALPA union opposing AGE 65? I guess the result says it all!!!

It's not gloating. I mean, unless all the crying was done on this forum, I'd understand. But there seemed to have been quite a vocal stand against the change to AGE 65 from ALPA members and even a full page article in the USA Today from American Airlines' union. How in the world does it pass 390-0? That is a unanimous descision folks and since when did the House not vote party lines or at least have one disenting vote? What in the world happened????

Blue it is all about the money!!! The pro 65er's had the support on the hill (i.e. money). There was not a lot of cash flowing for the no change crowd.

Amazing that the only thing the government can get done lately is BS legislation like this. FAA modernization? Ahhhhhh, that will take years.

I sent one of the form letters to my rep about not passing age 65. He sent me a form letter about how he agrees with it, so will pass it.

Just think, only a couple more years before the same folks cry that 65 is discrimination. I'm sure greed doesn't end at 65.

Let's start the age 70 bandwagon.

Good thing I'm working towards leaving aviation. What a joke. First f#$@ed by terrorists, then management in bankruptcy. Now by greedy scum sucking fellow pilots. Is it any wonder this profession is where it is. I can't wait until I get to watch the first over 60 idiot screw up. I see it all the time in the late 50's crowd. As long as it doesn't get anyone killed I'm not saying a friggin word. Oh boy that's a serious violation, too bad bud you're PIC.

How could it not pass..the majority our congress is of the same age as the pilots that want this passed. So, when will this BS actually be implemented? Does the FAA have any say?

How could it not pass..the majority our congress is of the same age as the pilots that want this passed. So, when will this BS actually be implemented? Does the FAA have any say?

It becomes effective the day the President signs it.

The FAA does get a say, two words, Yes Sir!

Latest resources

Back