• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 Retirement passes House 390-0

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what you guys don't get is that we're all also 5 years older now.... it's a lose/lose either way.. the 65ers won, and we all lost, cause now we gotta work to 65 to get the same career.
I think we all got that. With the seniority most of us will have at 60 we can choose to work nearly part time with benefits, expecially with the GOP's counteroffer today to raise the Medicare eligibility age to 67.

I'm just counting down the days until we start seeing some movement because, as poking yourself in the eye with a stick, it feels so good when you stop.

Last edited:
careful, you're about to get one of those famous Yip... "Sorry to bother you" messages in your private mail... where he explains his lengthy and otherwise amazing career, then tries to justify why he is working for USA Jet in management... I'm sure others know what I'm talking about.

He's still doing those? I think I got one from him a decade ago. My favorite part was where he talked about how his career would have been even better if he had scabbed at CAL in the '80s. Such a great guy. :rolleyes:

He's still doing those? I think I got one from him a decade ago. My favorite part was where he talked about how his career would have been even better if he had scabbed at CAL in the '80s. Such a great guy. :rolleyes:

Hi lnog tmie no see, how are thnigs? Tlak abuot a thearad cmoing bcak to lfie. Graet meomry, saty in tucoh:laugh:

I think we all got that. With the seniority most of us will have at 60 we can choose to work nearly part time with benefits, expecially with the GOP's counteroffer today to raise the Medicare eligibility age to 67.

With my luck I'll still be an F/O on reserve at age 60, probably at a regional no less. No way I'm doing that past 60, most likely not even past 55.

Hi lnog tmie no see, how are thnigs? Tlak abuot a thearad cmoing bcak to lfie. Graet meomry, saty in tucoh:laugh:

Yip... I think without you and General Lee there would be no reason for me to come one here anymore. You are like a worn out old crew room or FBO chair, everyone would love to replace it with a new one but nobody wants to see it go since it's been there forever.

Yip... I think without you and General Lee there would be no reason for me to come one here anymore. You are like a worn out old crew room or FBO chair, everyone would love to replace it with a new one but nobody wants to see it go since it's been there forever.
Thanks; fans like you just keep me conming back, I do have a lot of fun here.

Yep. ..got one as V70T5 back in '99, then one again as FMS Speed two years ago. .. still waiting for him to cut and paste one into my current user id..

Yep. ..got one as V70T5 back in '99, then one again as FMS Speed two years ago. .. still waiting for him to cut and paste one into my current user id..
Trying to hide from something, all these name changes, witness protection program? I prefer not to hide behind a screen name. BTW Many of the people I have sent to whom I have sent the PM resonsded by sharing their aviation story with me. If you want an update PM me

Trying to hide from something, all these name changes, witness protection program? I prefer not to hide behind a screen name. BTW Many of the people I have sent to whom I have sent the PM resonsded by sharing their aviation story with me. If you want an update PM me

Changing my screen name is just because I'm fickle... nothing more. I did like FMS-Speed, but I kept getting messaged to moderate and I am no loger a moderator so I figured I'd just change my name.... timing being what it was, I just got hired at Hawaiian so HA25 made sense..

Changing my screen name is just because I'm fickle... nothing more. I did like FMS-Speed, but I kept getting messaged to moderate and I am no loger a moderator so I figured I'd just change my name.... timing being what it was, I just got hired at Hawaiian so HA25 made sense..
Well congrats then, that is a good enough reason to change it. Looks like your skill and desire finally matched up with your luck and timing. Best of luck. Now back to the mind games.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back