ABX Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FB,
What some, mostly those that are getting furloughed with virtually no chance of returning, are wary of, is a situation where those that stay, keep their jobs and get severance money. Quite frankly, if those that stay and keep their jobs for virtually the same pay, as was discussed, then why should they receive anything? Nothing has changed for them. They might not be able to put on the "red dress" as many nights, but that should have been abolished after the very first furlough, in my opinion. Based on the staffing levels I think they will be able to put on the feed bag as much as they wish! There is a lot of uncertainty in the future and I think the latest proposal addresses many of those issues. Like I said, overall, a very clever plan; a little clarification and maybe a slight modification or two and it may just work.

Not only do those who stay get to keep their jobs and take severance money from those who get furloughed but they will get a great deal more! My opinion is that the severance money should only go to those who get severed!

I liked the part where he said the more senior should get more because their jobs are more valuable.

VOTE NO!

Not only do those who stay get to keep their jobs and take severance money from those who get furloughed but they will get a great deal more! My opinion is that the severance money should only go to those who get severed!

I liked the part where he said the more senior should get more because their jobs are more valuable.

VOTE NO!

He said the plan would be on base pay at the time of the May announcement. Some junior folks(like me) are getting surplussed for now and will probably be furloughed sooner than later. Please send me a link to the crystal ball you are gazing into that knows who will be let go and who will get to stay. As long as Hete, Graber and Gerdes have a hand in this, our future well being is not one of their priorities.

VOTE NO!

So you think the few who get to stay for a month or two maybe six if lucky should be happy seeing all the severance given to the ones who are furloughrd now?
Then what do the rest get when their jobs go away?
Dhl is supposed to be giving this money to the whole pilot group as severance not just the few who think they need it more!

So you think the few who get to stay for a month or two maybe six if lucky should be happy seeing all the severance given to the ones who are furloughed now?
Then what do the rest get when their jobs go away?
Dhl is supposed to be giving this money to the whole pilot group as severance not just the few who think they need it more!
Fair enough. Take their share and hold it for six months. Then, when they still have a job, distribute the severance pay fairly among those that are actually severed.

That is exactly why it should be straight division. All active pilots get the same share rather being furloughed or not. DHL will still be gone regardless. Therefore, since it is DHL money, all should be able to participate. That takes ABX seniority out of the picture. We all have the same DHL seniority. If we go by base pay(seniority) then it is a fair argument that if yoy are not in the furlough plans, you shouldn't be in the severence plan. Personally, I think this creates a division among our group that doesn't need to happen. Straight division keeps it simple and everybody gets included equally.

I'm amazed they could even present such a proposal. I guess sometimes greed can overpower shame.

And you know all furloughs will be complete in six months because...?

And you know all furloughs will be complete in six months because...?
OK. Where would you draw the line? Ten years? Five years?

How long can people be severed but still be employed?

I don't really want to get involved in this, since it is an issue you guys are working out through your union but I would like to ask a few questions.

I hear you guys talking about severance as an issue. I agree with those that say severance should be for those that get severed. But what I think you all are really talking about is retention. The money DHL gave for you guys to stay until they release you from DHL service. Everyone should get an equal chunk of the retention since you all are still here doing the work on behalf of DHL. Those who get let go should be the ones getting retention and severance while those still employed should only get a retention.

Of course this is just how I see it. Is there something I am missing in why the guys still working should get a severance? Is it retention you guys are talking about?

Latest resources

Back