• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks guys. I wish there is something that can be done, but based off what I read it does not look like it. I hate to sound like sour grapes about it since we are getting a severance. But the idea of some bean counter knowing X number will be cut and not telling them until two weeks toward the end really gets under my skin. Even if it is because DHL does not know what they are doing should not be the fault of the workers and have DHL pony up for the 60 day notice. I am pretty sure my boss would tell us, if he only knew.

It's the right thing to do in my eyes. But what do I know?

EDIT: I think I will write a few letters. Even if it only makes me feel a little better.

Last edited:
First furlough effective Feb.16 (60 day notices coming tomorrow).
As of now, the company still is refusing to do the right thing and release the funds that DHL gave to the pilots for severance.

Abx does not have the funds to release, DHL has not given the money to anybody until some sort of agreement is reached between the company and the union on how the money is paid out.

IT IS SEVERANCE, NOT A WAY TO BOLSTER YOUR BOTTOM LINE, JOE! YOUR MESSING WITH PEOPLES LIVES HERE!

Sorry I had to yell there! DHL has promised the money, so let's talk with DHL and tell them what our dumb azz mgmt wants to do, see if we can't get it directly.

The total amount divided by pilots on seniority list.

We all started working for DHL at the exact same time. If you aren't going to be furloughed yet, then you still get it, because the money comes from DHL which is ending it's agreement with us, for the most part.

And why ABX feels it is even close to negotiate for severance is ridiculous, and childish.

This, more than anything I have ever seen from mgmt, typifies the mindset and type of operation ABX thinks they run, and re-doubles my belief in union representation.

for .20 a share, the union should by the darn company, fire Joe and pay out the severance. If they can make a go at it doing charter work all the better, but our biggest problem "no vision Joe" along with his equally vision challenged lower management would be gone. Imagine how much more instep the whole company would be with vested workers calling the shots, and not worried about their "bonus" check for this quarter. I know a pipe dream, I have heard all the reasons why it wont work. Of course the people who say it would not work all have a vested interest in keeping the status quo.................., now if we could only get a bailout for the cargo industry.

I completely agree. Unfortunately, our union leadership wants to make this a seniority issue and devide by years of service. They wants to decide what they think is best for us. Who represents who?

The total amount divided by pilots on seniority list.

We all started working for DHL at the exact same time. If you aren't going to be furloughed yet, then you still get it, because the money comes from DHL which is ending it's agreement with us, for the most part.[/quote]

Mxer,
Have you listened/watched the archive of the meeting that took place thursday night? I would highly recommend it to all. Very informative. Answered many questions and raised a few new ones. 1:30 well spent.

Yep, still need to do that. My info is second hand at this point. Is it wrong? My understanding is the devision is based on yearly base. That is the same as years of service as long as you have taken first available upgrades. If it has to be voted on, why not have two or three choices. Just my opinion.

Yep, things have changed. A pretty clever solution overall. Once again there are still some questions and scenarios that need to be addressed but overall might not be bad.

Last edited:
Yep, still need to do that. My info is second hand at this point. Is it wrong? My understanding is the devision is based on yearly base. That is the same as years of service as long as you have taken first available upgrades. If it has to be voted on, why not have two or three choices. Just my opinion.

Yep, your info is wrong. Listen to the audio of the gmm. Especially Z's rendition close to the end. Very well spoken and it gets my vote.

Latest resources

Back