• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA's new B scale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are these AA guys so anti Eagle flow throughs? Didn't about 400 AA furloughs (about 1/3 of the Eagle CA total) take advantage of the flowback to Eagle thus avoiding being thrown out on the street? Didn't these Eagle CA's with numbers, all of whom have been with the company for nearly 20 years, get their AA numbers fairly and squarely nearly 10 years ago? And should they now not be given the opportunity to work at AA where it has to be better than Eagle? Anybody who works there care to respond?

You are correct that about 400 pilots chose the flowback option (while many more were actually offered the position and turned it down). Many of the flowback CAs were ex-TWA (and a great bunch of guys) but never spent a day at AA before coming to Eagle. They even received longevity pay based on their TWA DOH which put many near the top of the Eagle payscale.

Whether or not we agree with any of the arbitrations that have already been ruled upon it is time to quit the f*cking b*tching and make the most of the situation.

Pipejockey,

Simple. Eagle CAs have never flown a day in their life at AA. Furloughed AA pilots have, whether they're AA or TWA. As such, the arbiTRAITOR's ruling is ridiculous. ALL AA pilots should be recalled before ANY Eagle flowthrough gets a class date. I don't give a shee-it about when their "seniority number" was awarded. The way Nicolau ruled, Eagle pilots who never flew for AA get first crack at a recall class while AA/TWA pilots FURLOUGHED FROM THEIR OWN AIRLINE have to wait. Oh, don't forget, these very same furloughed AA pilots were counted towards the 7300 "employed pilots" floor - while furloughed! Total BS. That is all.

Nicolau strikes again!

M

Many of the flowback CAs were ex-TWA (and a great bunch of guys) but never spent a day at AA before coming to Eagle.

Not an accurate statement... All TWA pilots were actively at AA (albeit flying under the TWA certificate) when the first furloughs in Oct 2001 hit.

Not an accurate statement... All TWA pilots were actively at AA (albeit flying under the TWA certificate) when the first furloughs in Oct 2001 hit.

True, they were on the APA seniority list even though they operated under the TWA certificate- similar to Eagle CAs operating under the Eagle certificate while on the APA seniority list.

It wasn't up to you or I to decide how this whole debacle would be solved since it was sent to arbitration. Looking at APAs recent history of cases I would avoid any future arbitration at all costs. A negotiated solution is always better than an arbitrated one.

True, they were on the APA seniority list even though they operated under the TWA certificate- similar to Eagle CAs operating under the Eagle certificate while on the APA seniority list.

It wasn't up to you or I to decide how this whole debacle would be solved since it was sent to arbitration. Looking at APAs recent history of cases I would avoid any future arbitration at all costs. A negotiated solution is always better than an arbitrated one.

That's not the point. What I'm getting at is, they were officially AA pilots as of April 10, 2001. They were furloughed from AA, not TWA. They should be recalled to AA before anyone who was never at AA. Eagle pilots with AA seniority numbers were never at AA. Why should they be recalled first? Just because they have a pseudo seniority number?

I agree, it's not up to you nor I to decide. But I think it's fair to say we have two very different opinions on how it should have come out.

I agree, it's not up to you nor I to decide. But I think it's fair to say we have two very different opinions on how it should have come out.

On the contrary, I dont believe it is right for employed Eagle CAs to flow before unemployeed AA/TWA furloughees who have been on the street for years. Like I said though, you and I didnt get to make that decision. My original post was directed at those who were saying Eagle pilots had no right to flow period.

Another point is the flowbacks were only temporary. They were never going to stay and permanently take a spot on the list. You knew(know)that. This is a flow to a permanent, to retirement position. Very different.

Anyone up for "Baseball-style Arbitration" to resolve Sec. 6 negotiations?

Anyone?

TC

Although I dont believe any of these eagle will be on the property before AA completes its recall in 2-3 years, its black and white in the contract(all flowthroughs come in after the last AAnative is recalled) period. Again the bottom 300 on forlough are clearly AA pilots not TWA and will be called in sen. order. Besides why in the hell would these guys want to come over anyway at best 1 or 3rd year pay to sit reserve probably out of base and get treated like a contract breaking commuter puke? I am already hearing no legs or beers for eagle job robbers. I say make every one of them come over and get a taste of it. Good luck eaglets......

Besides why in the hell would these guys want to come over anyway at best 1 or 3rd year pay to sit reserve probably out of base and get treated like a contract breaking commuter puke? I am already hearing no legs or beers for eagle job robbers. I say make every one of them come over and get a taste of it. Good luck eaglets......

Maybe because the Eagle guys that got their AA numbers years before 9-11 and were merely doing their 2 year seat lock at Eagle will be line holders as they will be placed higher up on the seniority list than all those hired at AA AFTER the Eagle guy got his number. Like I said in another thread where there is yet another mainline against regional pilot argument, why not come up with a payscale that will allow ALL flying done for an airline be done by that pilots workforce! There will be many growing pains, but it couldnt be worse than whats going on now with pilots flying 100+ seaters against pilots flying less than 100 seats. Thats what it comes down to folks. Grow up!! Management is making a mockery of us and they love it! We must be the butt end of all of their jokes they tell at their overpriced luncheons.

Latest resources

Back