• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who cares what "you" did! You still have to live with what your group did, just like we do. I know you are not thrilled with what happened and I am sure I would feel the same way if I was in your shoes. Don't forget that you would be pissed if you were on our side. I guess that's why mergers/acquisitions suck. The best we can do is move forward and make our careers/contract the best we can because we each have a limited number of days to make the most we can for our families. That is where the common ground will be. We all have to move forward because I will bet GK's buying days are not over and we better have a stronger union next time because that fight will be more difficult. So kiss off!! And welcome aboard...:)

Sorry, Man, but you don't insult me, threaten me, steal from me, lie to me and then ask me for my help. I traded 3.5 years of seniority and my seat for this great contract and pay rates, I should be satisfied, right?

SWAPA and this pilot group have a LONG way to go if they expect to get any solidarity out of many of us.

You got a good deal because air tran was a good company

Grow up dude you miserable wreck- :)

You're an airline pilot- M&A's happen and everybody's fighting for what they can-

Babies hold onto grudges

At my seniority AT pilots lost less than 3 years- it took me 4 years to get in at SWA from the date I turned down air tran to stay at my regional-

There were a dozen of us at that air inc conference- we got interview offers without applying or showing any interest in the job- it's the way the market was- and if I didn't have business interests out west I'd have taken it-

And I would've been ahead if I had taken the job vs now- luck and timing are never not part of life

Get over it- it's really not a competition-
It's flat out impossible to be fair to everyone in this deal and that's all we have

Last edited:
The rates on the day of purchase, where(sic).....irrelevant.

You know that's not true at all, but go on keeping on with that same tired line

Pilots make life choices and give up seniority ALL THE TIME for a pay rate
Change companies, change aircraft, upgrade- only an idiot thinks money isn't the primary driver for adult career decisions. It's a career. It's work. Flying isn't a hobby for me. It's what I do for money.

Stupidest argument ever

Cry Webb, "your" seat went to DL...unlike u I earned my place at SWA, and every raise you ever got or will get is because SWA bought you, get over you bitter a-hole....and once more genius you could have kept "your" seat in SL9, and with the SWA pay rates...

That's like asking why you guys voted for it. Dumb question. Dumber still, if you think that I voted for it. :rolleyes:

That's just it Ty, you disassociate yourself from having any culpability in what transpired then in the next breath say we (SWAPA pilots) are ultimately to blame for: stealing your seat, your seniority and your QOL. How is it, you the individual pilot is blameless , but we individuals perpetrated all this on you. Can you see the disconnect?

Yeah, they're getting kicked out of their captain seats, but they're being handed a "gold bar." :rolleyes: Go f%^& yourself.

This from the guy who helped make sure those captain seats got pissed away when SWA and SWAPA were telling you they were available to hold onto until 2020 and according to ALPA would have held those slots even with the 717 sublease. That's your "own it" moment. Way to go. I'd quit too.

My $2 says those FAT guys who are sitting at home in 2015 will be collecting SWA FO pay. From what I hear, people who have crossed over get their badge on Day 1, and their position is "DAL FO". So, come 12/28 you'll be classified as a SWA FO.

This from the guy who helped make sure those captain seats got pissed away when SWA and SWAPA were telling you they were available to hold onto until 2020 and according to ALPA would have held those slots even with the 717 sublease. That's your "own it" moment. Way to go. I'd quit too.

If you had listened to me, no one would have lost a seat, and you probably wouldn't have lost more than 5-10% relative seniority. But you were too much of a coward to fight for what was yours, so "own it" yourself.

The rates on the day of purchase, where(sic).....irrelevant.

From the guy where the company was paying SW FO rates to their Captains and regional pay rates to the AirTran FO's.

I'm sure you'd like it to be irrelevant, but it isn't. It's very relevant. Pay, QOL and work rules are what each carrier brings to the table.

Latest resources

Back