• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RedFlyer65....I thought you guys all got a pretty decent system seniority bump? I have heard an average of around 10% some higher, some lower. Over the long haul that translates into a quicker upgrade for you...which really is more money...but that happens later down the road when you upgrade.

I lost 32% relative systemwide and my left seat and am hoping to stay close to what I was making before. If I lose some money now I should be able to make it up and earn more later as a captain again someday.

This way of looking at it is only true if we actually upgrade and can take advantage of the left seat pay. Many things could get in the way of that...if you hit 65 first...health problems....those payrates still in effect....etc. So I would look at it that way. You don't see benefits immediately...rather later on.

Less than a 3% bump in seniority....globally.

I won't upgrade ONE DAY before I would have otherwise.

Shootr is right, the ones that came close to 10% were very, very few. With an integration of 1700 pilots into 6000 pilots (and with the most senior at SW not even being touched), it never was going to amount to much of a bump. Just simple math.

With an integration of 1700 pilots into 6000 pilots (and with the most senior at SW not even being touched), it never was going to amount to much of a bump. Just simple math.

You meant an integration of 1200 AT pilots, because over 400 of us got stapled.

Mathematically, if every single AAI pilot was 'stapled' then the most junior SW guy would have had a 22% bump. And that would have been the absolute maximum, but most got 3-5% so no windfall there. And of course no stock for the scope relief and no 40-60% pay raise.

The upgrades are a different story and I never thought it would go down that way, nor agreed with it.

Did you really believe PCL's mantra of DOH or relative? Even if it went to arbitration there would have been plenty of AirTran guys showing up on the bottom. Did you seriously think otherwise? Really?

You don't have a clue, red.

Alright, that makes sense. Being that the most senior AirTran pilot got placed 1300 something numbers down the global list....the senior SWA guys got the biggest bump due to the entire AirTran list being added behind them. As more AirTran guys get integrated....the seniority bump tapers off sounds like down to 3% then for the most junior SWA pilot? I can see how the junior SWA guys feel the way they do.

From the AirTran side, the pain varies upon when you were hired. Personally I feel the junior captains/senior first officers took the biggest hit over here...as far as overall seniority percentage lost.

Last edited:
Alright, that makes sense. Being that the most senior AirTran pilot got placed 1300 something numbers down the global list....the senior SWA guys got the biggest bump due to the entire AirTran list being added behind them. As more AirTran guys get integrated....the seniority bump tapers off sounds like down to 3% then for the most junior SWA pilot? I can see how the junior SWA guys feel the way they do.

From the AirTran side, the pain varies upon when you were hired. Personally I feel the junior captains/senior first officers took the biggest hit over here.

Completely agree UAL.

The most senior guys at SW were going to be untouchable anyway. They had a DOH at SW before AirTran was even a company. So it was kind of a given by both sides. Starting at somewhere in the middle of the pack at SW and the integration gets under way. Pain on both sides no doubt. I'm not trying to dismiss it, just show our side of the turd.

Hey PCL, you want jump in here and tell me what I got out of the deal? I'd love to hear your side of the argument. And I'm sure that you thought the most junior at AirTran would be feathered in with arbitration. Again, you were dreaming and in the end harmed your own pilots with that rhetoric.

Last edited:
Completely agree UAL.

The most senior guys at SW were going to be untouchable anyway. They had a DOH at SW before AirTran was even a company. So it was kind of a given by both sides. Starting at somewhere in the middle of the pack at SW and the integration gets under way. Pain on both sides no doubt. I'm not trying to dismiss it, just show our side of the turd.

Hey PCL, you want jump in here and tell me what I got out of the deal? I'd love to hear your side of the argument. And I'm sure that you thought the most junior at AirTran would be feathered in with arbitration. Again, you were dreaming and in the end harmed your own pilots with that rhetoric.

As far as showing your side of the turd, gaining little sure beats losing a lot, just sayin.

As far as showing your side of the turd, gaining little sure beats losing a lot, just sayin.

Yea, I guess you can just give the money back to Gary. You didn't need it anyway right? Need the address to send that check?

I'll never forget the two Airtran pilots in LGA high fiving each other the morning of the announcement. Why was that? Might have something to do with pay and work rules?

Personally I feel the junior captains/senior first officers took the biggest hit over here...as far as overall seniority percentage lost.
Jr. CA will make the same or more and have a better quality of life. No longer on the bottom of a CA list but in the middle or top middle of the FO list. Will upgrade again and make a lot more. SR FO got their AAI upgrade by getting our rates and they don't have to sit in the left seat , bottom of the CA list and bad quality of life. Ill be honest I got a 9% boost in seniority, but the ones below me don't mean crap. Its the ones above that matter. It changed my upgrade by 1yr and 9 months. Whippy do! Other then that we got zippo. So Ill see an extra $70,000 for that extra 1yr 9 months, maybe 12 years from now. Not worth it to me. See we got so much.

Latest resources

Back