• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got less than an 8% bump in global seniority for now. Each and every bit of that bump is eroded away at the time of my retirement due to the relatively younger age of all the AirTran pilots placed on the list ahead of me.

PCL, good thing U weren't representing the teamsters or longshoreman...you would have ur ass kicked

There's probably more than a few AirTran guys that would like to go down that road.

I couldn't imagine the fallout in the work environment for him.

Hey PCL, you want jump in here and tell me what I got out of the deal?

You got hundreds of AirTran pilots placed under you on the list who had higher relative seniority than you did.

There's probably more than a few AirTran guys that would like to go down that road.

I couldn't imagine the fallout in the work environment for him.

Going to work is perfectly pleasant (on the rare occasion that I actually go). The only thing unpleasant is seeing all of that disgusting SWA propaganda everywhere in ops. "Golden rule," my ass.

Yea, because a job at AirTran was equal to a job at Southwest. Sigh..

To me, it was worth far more. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Lets do the simple math here:

1700 AT pilots with one main base and 2 mini bases.
850 AT FO all get a huge bump in pay when they come over to S.W.
S.W. has 9 bases including two of the same bases as AT so now there is a lot less commuters.
850 AT captains About 400 will lose their seat to people who were senior to them even if you got DOH. Of those 400 they will now bid lines and vacation as FO that they couldn't dream of holding at AT. They will be able to pick up time and a half O.T. and charters making it easy to make more than they are currently making. If they decide not to exercise their seniority and pick up extra time they will make a little less in the short term but will STILL BE MAKING MORE THAN THEY DID TWO YEARS AGO.

The other 450 AT guys that come over will be able to hold captain and get another huge raise which is the 3rd large raise they got since they were bought.

By far the AT pilot group is going to make A LOT more than they ever could have at AT. They will also have A LOT more options on where they want to be based.

The fact that a disgruntled ALPA rep that over promised on what could be attained uses a very small segment of their pilot group to try and show harm boogles the mind of those here at SW that did not receive 40% pay increases and will not be making about a million on average more at SW.

I got 450 pilots ahead of me that were not there before. I have over 44 of them that will now retire after I do. Every year that global seniority thing you guys talk about gets smaller and smaller to the point I will be in the negative by the time I retire. Please go on and explain to me how I didn't get shafted. Tell me that my huge raise I didn't get will at least take away some of the sting. Tell me that my overall career earnings will have a significant increase because of you being bought.

Because right now the only thing I got out of this is a bunch crying preschoolers with a victimization complex.

The whiners like Luv2bsuckn and Cry Webb and especially PCL are considered marginalized idiots by their own group...

Only a complete moron would try to use pay to justify a loss in seniority.

Latest resources

Back