• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's some of my current stats. I've been wondering if I'm going to take a hit in the pocketbook or not. Maybe red can help interpolate for me...I'm at 180/hr and try to get between 83-87 hrs per month. I live way below my means but I live in base. Now I have a daughter that starts college in the fall and we have a horse that pretty much is equal to our house payment other than that we live pretty cheap. Everything is paid for except the house and regular monthly bills. Go..

RV

Not to stir the pot. But I think you guys are going to get to bid Captain in Dec.

Red, I was not complaining about the money. I was refuting some of the generalizations that have been made. Would AirTran Airways have made it maybe not.... will Southwest Airlines be a stronger because of the acquisition most certainly so. I work hard to earn more than the average. I did it while on reserve and I certainly do it now (as bottom third )line holder..... that is what an east coast base will get you at ten years longevity with a plus hit to seniority.
As an aside..... very few felt that relative seniority was realistic.

JT,

I never thought that AAI wouldn't make it. I think you guys were stable enough to continue to plug away with a product that plenty liked. I don't think your payraises would have been stellar under your management team. It was the eternal Heisman.

I hope we all prosper with the combination, for you and me combined. Neither of us can change how this went down. It's over. I'm hoping for growth to help ease the pain for all. I'm all in on this deal. I've made a ton of money on SW stock and I'm still buying. So I hope collectively we can get it done.

I honestly hope you can find what your looking for over here. Whether it's more money or QOL....or both. This acquisition wasn't anyone's first choice, but all have to deal with and move on. I'm ready, but on the other hand I don't like revisionist history when I see it (more like PCL's comments)

I try and get 15-17 days off per month. Selling the horse is a huge no go. He's part of the family. Honestly, I don't know who loves him more me or my daughter. Or, my wife for that matter. Moving would further cut to the quick since my wife would be leaving her job/income. I agree about AIP 1. A colossal, blinders on, F'up by a few in the MEC/LEC.

RV

Also, I won't be bidding capt until I can get ATL. However long that may be. Did the commuting thing already. That's a young mans game post 9-11.
RV

Latest resources

Back