A Review of Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At first I was offended

This place sounds like the "bottom of the food chain" fractional,in other words,a BOTTOMFEEDER!!!
I am glad I passed on this place,after reading the first post in this thread,it seems like mgmt. hates the pilots!!!
Not a good place to work!!!

After a review of your past posts i noticed all your posts seem to end sentances with multiple exclamation marks or question marks. Just curious are you this angry of a person in real life? If so I'm very happy you chose to pass up Avantair. I for one enjoy my job so much my wife is jealous of it. Our CP ACP's rock and ALWAYS have my back. Our DO is a hard nose to those VERY few pilots we have that can't seem to toe the line, that's his job. I have never had a problem with him and I doubt I ever will because I do waht I sighned on for. The company culture here is the closest to Southwest airlines than I have ever seen anywhere. The big boss said he wanted that, I didn't believe him at first but now I owe him an appology because he is dam sure doing it. Avantair ROCKS! Deal with it. BTW pilot services is exactly that, they take care of our needs, treat em like doodoo and you go to the back of the line. How you can post based on the first post is moronic at the least not to mention STATING you had only read the first post.

It's been a while since I was a new-hire F/O, full of new-hire enthusiasm and wanting to spread the word about how great life was at Avantair.

The situation at that time: jobs=plenty, pilot applicants=few. It was a pilot's market, for sure. I wanted to make sure that anyone who wasn't 100% satisfied with their job might want to consider a move to Fractional life and a job here at Avantair. My enthusiasm was mostly directed towards the regional pilots.

So here it is 19 months later. What's happened?

Well, after having a blast as an F/O, I upgraded at 11 months. My first year income was $44K-ish. Remember, mostly F/O pay. I'll get back to everyone next year and let you know how I made out during my 1st year as Captain (which will be mostly 2nd year Capt. pay).

My quality of life has never been better. As a "Displaced Dad", the 7/7 schedule is awesome. It provides me with more time with my daughter than 99% of the Displaced Dad's in other types of flying jobs and in other career fields. Plus, younger kids like the regular schedule. The generous first-year pay has allowed my to provide for everything my four year-old has needed so far.

Training department? Outstanding. There has been a shift in the culture of the training department, though. You really need to be prepared when you show up for a check ride these days. I believe another poster on this thread has experienced that as well.

Management? Couldn't be better. There is no "Pilots vs. Management" mentality here. I disagree with a previous poster's claim that the management here isn't pilot friendly. This is my fourth aviation employer, and this is the pilot-friendliest management I've ever experienced.

Maintainence? I've never been asked, never mind forced, to fly something broken. I have to dispute an earlier claim to the contrary.

What's it boil down to? I'm still excited to be working here, still love the Avanti, and still recommend Avantair to anyone who isn't 100% satisfied with their flying job. Life's too short. This is indeed the best flying job that I've ever had. As a side note, I am also truly sorry that another professional has had such a rough go of it here. Good luck to you.

Added note: the economy IS going to recover, wealthy people WILL get their discretionary spending money back, the fractional industry will remain our reward for getting our pilot certificates in the first place. Let's hang together as a group and we'll all thrive in the long run.

Last edited:
It just boggles my mind that a NetJet guy right now would be critical of anything about Avantair. The number of resumes and resume postings to our employee website from NetJet pilots is unreal. Yet we have people like baller talking smack.
Haz,

I don't believe any NJ guys have posted anything negative in this thread. I don't see convincing evidence Baller is at NJA....

Gun my apologies I thought he represented himself as a netjet pilot. Even if he is I shouldn't have lumped all netjet pilots together. It just pisses me off when outsiders comment on something they know nothing about.

Gun my apologies I thought he represented himself as a netjet pilot. Even if he is I shouldn't have lumped all netjet pilots together. It just pisses me off when outsiders comment on something they know nothing about.

Not a NJA guy nor did I represent myself as one. Not a "outsider" either.

Last edited:
Do you still get your whopping one week of vacation for your first two years of employment.

That would indicate to me you don't work at Avantair....ergo, an "outsider".

What is obvious is the thread starter worked for one year and left because he could not upgrade as forcast.

All the rest of his claims can be dismissed by the simple fact that if he had upgraded he would still be here. Would he really stay if the company stole he OT, pushed pilots, violated OpSpecs, disregarded safety, flew "dangerous planes" or any of the other tripe he came up with? Short answer...no, and if he did he would be just as bad as he claims the company to be.

No, this is a hair trigger guy who simply didn't get his way and decided to stomp off and exact his revenge by plastering as much negivitiy as he could on as many public forums as he could. He actually threw down $10 just to get the last word!

I hope he understands that everyone knows who he is and aviation is a VERY small community. Good luck...

Latest resources

Back