• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Review of Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good promo on the Discovery channel show "Pitchmen" tonight for Avantair. I think it bolstered not only the company, but also what fractional aviation can do for busy professionals.

Good job guys,

AMF

Last edited:
Hey baller, put some in that gapping wound on your face and STFU.

NJA pilots weren't always paid what they deserve. Here's to bringing Avanti up to a level where they can enjoy a better quality of life supported by their product.

Again, great job on the "Pitchmen" show!!

AMF

Most NJA FOs make more that a 3rd year Avantair Capt. What does that tell you...

What company is trying desparately to get pilots to take an early out or LOA's.

FWIW, I've been at Avantair almost 4 yrs. When I started there, things were effed up like a football bat. Since then, things have gotten progressively better. does that mean things are perfect? HELL no! We've only been in existance for a little more than 6 yrs. Everyone touting how great NJA is forgets what it was like there in the beginning. I turned down the interview in '05 because the starting pay was LOWER at NJA than the position I was offered at Avantar. Our 2nd yr fo pay is low, and it is being addressed. Personally, I have never flown an un-airworthy aircraft. As far as training, now if you don't know your calls, systems, powersettings and procedures when you show up, yer getting bounced on yer azz.

Baller not the time to talk about fo pay at netjets with what is going on. We feel very secure in our jobs right now and that means alot. Also the Company is considering an FO pay raise due to the upgrades taking a year longer.

Remember the expression: "Just the facts":

Company is 6 yrs old

Fleet has more than doubled in the last 3 yrs

7/7 schedule (not in debate, or being challenged)

Great niche in the current economy, 600lb/hr at 360-390k, 1200nm real world range (not POH #'s, what you can do any-day for real)

NO REDUCTION in pilot group, voluntary/involuntary...asked/demanded etc...

55/45 vs 2/3 to 1/3 live/repo? I don't really know, just estimating.

Noodles.. don't know, but remember his unhappy posts from when I was a new-hire. (and really, not trying to pick a fight with him, just question how much he can know about the company now)

NJA FO Pay, is great! Congrats, you have it, would you get it this year? Who knows? Please don't turn this thread into that soapbox! :^)

Search my posts, I try to stay off the offensive, I hate the flaming that seems to pop up here, and it bothers me that the Avantair posts seem to end up steering away from facts.
I truly believe that Avantair has a leading position in the Frac world, and it's been great for me.
What's always a pisser, is that our threads spiral down into a match-up between guys that left, for whatever reason... and the guys that enjoy making a living here.
Mostly, I just enjoy the time my job allows me to go skiing, and boating in the summer!!

What company is trying desparately to get pilots to take an early out or LOA's.

FWIW, I've been at Avantair almost 4 yrs. When I started there, things were effed up like a football bat. Since then, things have gotten progressively better. does that mean things are perfect? HELL no! We've only been in existance for a little more than 6 yrs. Everyone touting how great NJA is forgets what it was like there in the beginning. I turned down the interview in '05 because the starting pay was LOWER at NJA than the position I was offered at Avantair. Our 2nd yr fo pay is low, and it is being addressed. Personally, I have never flown an un-airworthy aircraft. As far as training, now if you don't know your calls, systems, power settings and procedures when you show up, yer getting bounced on yer azz.

That's the most accurate description I have run across yet. Of course we want more pay but things don't happen overnight. (I just hope overnight doesn't turn into a fourtnight!) Good people, good flying, great pax, I could be convinced...

Most NJA FOs make more that a 3rd year Avantair Capt. What does that tell you...

But until NJA's first union contract some 20 plus years after the begining of NJ the fo's were the worst paid in the industry.

Avantair is in its first 5 years, has a great team spirit throughout the company and continues to make improvements without the deep pockets of some parent company.

What is with you people ? Why you always got to play this game ? NetJets is the greatest... what ever

Latest resources

Back