• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Review of Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Everyone" isn't pissed off. The 3 Kool-Aid drinkers are. You have no clue how many current Avantair pilots have contaced me in private and said, "good post." You three aren't even close.

So, just out of curiosity, how long are you going to continue living in the past? How long are we to be graced by your scintillating dialogue and witty repartee? How long before the terrible wounds that were inflicted upon you during your horrible year at Avantair heal? How long before you decide that life holds more than revenge, revenge, revenge? What further attacks can we look forward to? Will you descend upon KPIE like some enourmous Godzilla, destroying all within your path with lazer eyesight and stomping feet? Oh, the horror, the Horror!

Last edited:
"Everyone" isn't pissed off. The 3 Kool-Aid drinkers are. You have no clue how many current Avantair pilots have contaced me in private and said, "good post." You three aren't even close.

and you have no idea how many have contacted me and said were an @$$ and they were glad to see u leave. What is your point?

by the way, what did u pay the flight instructors at ur flight school? was it $37K in their second year?

I got an idea, since u know all about how to run a fractional business, y dont u start 1. then u can pay every one what u think they are worth and call all the shots. will u be happy then? :rolleyes:

Look, I don't think there is an Avantair pilot on this sight that would disagree that OUR company far from perfect (name one that is). That being said, we have come a long way in a relatively short time. The problem most of us (me included) have with BTDT, is he is like the media. Most of his posts have some of the truth, yet he leaves a tremendous amount of relevant detail out. Those of us that have been there for 3, 4, 5 or more years, feel a bit insulted considering all of the work we have done with mgmt to change things for the better. My challenge to him is why did he take his toys and leave the playground instead of sticking it out and working towards improvement? I know his response is going to be the second yr pay for FO's that he knew about, yet didn't think it would apply to him.

CF

Well now, that's the very problem isn't it? You feel insulted by what would seem to be legitimate criticism about an company you feel you have some measure of phantasmic stake in. I don't recall much said in the way that many would consider detrimental to the pilot group. Whether true or not, I see mere common denunciation of poor management practices by a former employee, as commonplace here as "far from perfect" companies are out there.

Further, you take offense at all the "work" you've done with management to improve conditions at Avant, most notably pay itself. Without union protection, however, these efforts are and have been comparable to the negotiation successes one might expect between a hostage and his armed captors. This simple fact, coupled with the still universally recognized abysmal pay, makes your claims bromidic at best.

Thus, using pride of such claims of "progress" as a basis for what has been done to BTDI on this board even more absurd.

That BTDI chose to leave such a nonproductive environment in the face of such non-progress is not surprising, assuming he left for those reasons alone.

(As I've casually alluded to here and before, however, is that the specific conditions at Avant were not the original instigating factor here for my entry into this discussion.)

What is surprising, however, are the unprovoked, improper, very personal attacks on a former employee; including, but not limited to, disclosing his actual identity. That is, as they say, is that, and that is why you bring more shame to Avant, if you are indeed representative of the pilots themselves, than anything BTDI could hope to bring to bear.

Once again...

Discretion, being the better part of valor, would have been simply refuting the key veracity of BTDI's position outright with facts alone. This is not what followed.

So, just out of curiosity, how long are you going to continue living in the past? How long are we to be graced by your scintillating dialogue and witty repartee? How long before the terrible wounds that were inflicted upon you during your horrible year at Avantair heal? How long before you decide that life holds more than revenge, revenge, revenge? What further attacks can we look forward to? Will you descend upon KPIE like some enourmous Godzilla, destroying all within your path with lazer eyesight and stomping feet? Oh, the horror, the Horror!

Something to the effect of silliness I believe was submitted earlier?

<<<< .......makes your claims bromidic at best.>>>>>

Haven't seen that word in print for decades (& I didn't have to check the meaning!!). ;)

Latest resources

Back