• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Review of Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a dope you posted under the wrong user name Flying biker or is it btdt. Nice try keep trying maybe you will eventual get a believer. Hurry create another user name.BUSTED

Hey hazbeen, why dont you take a look at my profile and see that I have been around for quite awhile. And while you are at it, look at my other posts and I think that even you can figure out who I work for.

Why respond to yourself. I know it Sucks to get busted like that at least we know to pay no attention to you now

Maybe you're right. But I feel like I got stabbed in the back first along with my whole company. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but BTDI's post serves no useful purpose to the potential job seeker. His was simply a post designed to sling as much mud at a company he's mad at because he didn't get to upgrade.

I'd take the initials out if I could, but it's not like I outed him. The only people who could figure out the initials could already figure it out if they wanted.

just to make it clear flying biker in his now edited as "wrong post" started with "Hey Biker". He clearly thought he was using a different user name and instead used the same one and responded to himself. Nice try to edit it you have been outed

Rest assured, I am not Flying Biker. I posted a reply to Biker, changed my mine, left that screen, and now I am being told by the "powers greater than me" that my reponse showed up in Biker's post. I didn't see it, but I will take you guy's word for it. Biker, if it is true as you said, accept my apologies. I must be the most powerful man on the internet. :pimp:

That being said......Glass, I am deeply disturbed by something you said. No, not the "suck this" comment....that is just a lack of maturity. I was concerned with this comment from you:

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but BTDI's post serves no useful purpose to the potential job seeker.

Glass, last February I was offered 3 jobs in a two week period (hiring was crazy then). One of the offers was from Flight Options. No offense to any Flight Options pilots, but I came here to read these online forums to get some perspective on Flight Options, as well as Avantair. I saw a TREMENDOUS amout of complaining by some of the Flight Options guys, so I took their posts to heart, considered them, and chose not to go there at that point in time. As it turns out, I made the right choice with all the furloughs.

I was also called in to a regional carrier but decided against the airline direction. Again, what a smart move with all the furloughs. I did see many posts about Avantair as well, but I rolled the dice with them and gave it a shot. As it turns out, the pay upgrade did NOT occur as I was led to believe it would, so I moved on to greener pasture.

Glass....these forums do indeed serve a useful purpose to some of us. It kept me from going to a job that I would have been furloughed from (Flight Options). My experience with Avantair was just one of many. Had someone been able to tell me 12 months ago that I would be stuck at $37,000 for the 1st 2 years there, I would have respectfully declined the job offer. I can't get that year back, but I can be honest and pass along MY expereince there, as well as the CURRENT company policies concerning sick leave, crew meals, F.O. flying times, expected upgrade times, etc.

I am sorry that you don't find these things useful. Some of us find the information VERY valuable. A lost year is irreplacable. Hopefully things will work out between you and the FAA, and Avantair will let you fly again. I know you are trying to feed your family. So am I.

BTDI you are so full of it then why did flying biker respond after my post like he did. He certainly would have said I dont know why someone is posting under my name. You got busted admit it. End of story now go create a new name it only costs 10 bucks and you can lie some more about why you left Avantair.

By the way your post would be useful if it wasnt filled with lies. You left because you never fit in and you were angry you didnt get an upgrade after your first year. So you write a bunch of lies and sprinkle in some truth and then defend it by creating several user names to comment. Give us all a break and go away

Thanks for your concern about me. As I'm posting on the road I guess all is well. I'm all for you supporting your family. I'm just pissed you don't have the same consideration for all the guys and gals trying to do the same here!

You know as well as I that you went way past "expected upgrade times" and got as dirty as you could to try to cast Avantair in as poor a light as possible. Plenty of us actually like our jobs here and are trying very hard to make this place truley shine. We take great issue with a disgruntled ex-employee trashing the joint. You had every opportunity to contribute to the cause, but you chose not to. Now we're where we're at because you chose the forum. It fine you left to move on, but not fine you try to lash back at a work group who will defend themselves.

Sounds to me like he was just being honest. Maybe I'm not reading enough into his post but I have run into several avantair people on the road who were not exactly stoked on the outfit. Maybe thats the minority but there are definitely others voicing their negative opinions in public.

Sounds to me like he was just being honest. Maybe I'm not reading enough into his post but I have run into several avantair people on the road who were not exactly stoked on the outfit. Maybe thats the minority but there are definitely others voicing their negative opinions in public.

Sshrae,

Remember, you can't have an unpopular opinion or perspective on F.I. That's a rule!!!!!! Personally, I find it a bit refreshing that people have different views. With that said, pilots are very territorial and they attach their egos to their jobs. That's too bad. Lies about an employer should not be accepted - they should be refuted but not in an overly defensive/aggressive manner IMHO.

Personally, I think Avantair would be a great place to work. That P180 looks like a fun airplane to fly. Having a spouse who works and makes decent money certainly would make the first few years' salary a bit more palatable...

Latest resources

Back