A Review of Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just thought I would add.....

Avantair just posted its first Quarterly profit ever! In this economic climate I think that says a lot.

6 more airplanes this year!

I think I smell upgrades and hiring in our future!

For anyone who thinks that Avantair is not a pilot friendly company does not know that they are talking about. After three MAJOR life changing events in the past year I am %100 positive that Avantair is a great place to work!! Not only have they worked with me but they have been suportive and care about ME! Im not just a number.

I can second cello. I recently had a major event. Training and the schedule were altered to acomodate me. The chief pilot's office and the training department went far above and beyond what I expected, and I am grateful. That would not have happened at my previous employer. No one is suggesting that Avantair is perfect. It sure is better than most companies, though. Given the currrent financial climate, I just cannot imagine what this guy has to complain about. Oh well, he's moved on to what he considers greener pastures, and I am one step further up the seniority list, so I guess we both win.

Wacoflyr

It certainly helps that you guys have a great product from an economics standpoint. Performance is great over short and medium distance flights vs. comparably-sized (and even some bigger) jets. Some owners are trading down from other fractional programs and yet not compromising much on comfort in many cases. The P180 is an undeniable hit with customers and that is very helpful...

Ya'll think the Piaggio is cool? Wait till this comes out...

(FI won't allow the pic here so click the LINK.)

PHOTO LINK

Yeah, it's an artist rendition of the Piaggio Jet. I hear it's supposed to be in production soon and the rumor mill has it that we will be the launch customer for it. We'll see, however the number I've heard for it are quite impressive. Although it's often the case that numbers for planes that don't exist yet are often amazing and then get ratcheted back once the real thing takes off.

not pertinent to this thread but whats with the Avantair captain that wears a tan ball cap while waiting for passengers in the FBO?

not pertinent to this thread but whats with the Avantair captain that wears a tan ball cap while waiting for passengers in the FBO?

Yeaaaahhhhh... that one's been debated on the company boards. Guess that can of worms is getting opened up again. My personal opinion on hats......

*This is the sound of me keeping my mouth shut...... *

Latest resources

Back