• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e / XJ Integration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess they got bored of the T-shirt give away but never fear COFFEE MUG WITH MESABA/COLGAN/PINNCLE comming near you.

It's just great news!!!

http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories/2010/07/12/story5.html?b=1278907200^3618041

When Pinnacle Airlines Corp. purchased Mesaba Aviation Inc. for $62 million, it further tied its star to Delta Airlines Inc. while making itself one of the largest regional airline companies in the country.
Pinnacle , which is also the parent company of wholly owned subsidiaries Pinnacle Airlines Inc. and Colgan Air Inc., increased its total fleet from 202 aircraft to 297.
The Mesaba merger gives Pinnacle 34% of the Delta Connection business, second only to Utah-based Skywest Inc., which has 36%.
“This really further strengthens our long-term relationship with Delta,” says Pinnacle president and CEO Phil Trenary.
The move also raised Pinnacle’s overall employment from 5,928 to 7,700.
“Regional flying has been and will remain a key component of our network, but we’ve long believed that it’s not necessary for us to own these assets to derive any value from them,” says Delta spokesman Kristin Baur.
Mesaba will continue to operate its headquarters in Eagan, Minn., under its current management team. Delta financed the $62 million purchase over a five-year term with a 12.5% interest rate.
Pinnacle was also attracted to the transaction because Mesaba has no debt.
“We’re inheriting a company that has a very strong balance sheet,” Peter Hunt, Pinnacle’s chief financial officer, says.
The Mesaba acquisition could increase Pinnacle’s annual revenue by $200 million.
“We do view these as very positive cash flow generators for the company,” Hunt says.
The purchase will mean annual contract cash flows of $12 million to $18 million through 2022, excluding interest on the seller-financed debt.
“The contract cash flows will be a little lower as we absorb integration costs,” Hunt says.
Over time, the company plans to consolidate all regional jet operations under the Pinnacle Airlines brand and turbo-prop operations under Mesaba.
The move also gives Pinnacle more purchasing power with third-party vendors and could reduce redundant inventory investments and training costs.
“This gives us the scale to operate efficiently,” Hunt says.
Pinnacle Airlines Corp.

Read more: Pinnacle set to soar with Mesaba aboard - Memphis Business Journal

You know who will really get screwed ... the xx pilots who were at Express (Pinnacle) back in 1997 when Mesaba assumed all of the "North" flying and Express was relegated to Memphis only. If I remember right, Express pilots were offered 1/2 their longevity if they chose to come to Mesaba (someone remind me exactly what that deal was ... all I remember is that it was a crappy one). I don't remember how many took that offer, (any Mesaba pilots know the answer to that one?). Now they get to go back to Pinnacle (their original company) and lose even more seniority!

Ya, mergers are awesome!

It's just great news!!!

“Regional flying has been and will remain a key component of our network, but we’ve long believed that it’s not necessary for us to own these assets to derive any value from them,” says Delta spokesman Kristin Baur.

Her idea of "long" is obviously less than 9 since it was only that many years ago that DAL spent 3 BILLION dollars on Comair and ASA.

You know who will really get screwed ... the xx pilots who were at Express (Pinnacle) back in 1997 when Mesaba assumed all of the "North" flying and Express was relegated to Memphis only. If I remember right, Express pilots were offered 1/2 their longevity if they chose to come to Mesaba (someone remind me exactly what that deal was ... all I remember is that it was a crappy one). I don't remember how many took that offer, (any Mesaba pilots know the answer to that one?). Now they get to go back to Pinnacle (their original company) and lose even more seniority!

Ya, mergers are awesome!

1 for 2 if you were on the Saab and 1 for 3 if you were on the Jetstream. I believe all FOs that went were essentially stapled. So, if you were a 6 year Saab CA at Express, you became a 3 year guy at Mesaba. If you were a 6 year Jetstream CA at Express, you became a 2 year guy at Mesaba. That little bit of legalise is still around in XJ's contract under LOA 6.

Ya, mergers are awesome!

The difference is that the situation you describe wasn't a merger. Those guys could have stayed at Express and gone to MEM. I don't blame them for not wanting to move, but I hope no one brings that up as an example of what should/might happen. Mesaba didn't owe them a thing when that happened. To give them any seniority was a gift. (I'm not trying to sound like a harda**, that's just the way it is... Some of those guys are really cool and I felt for them).

Mesaba has lost planes and flying to other ALPA carriers before and no one offered us jobs. I'm not whining, just saying it's not apples to apples here.

This HAS to be a merger using DOH, relative seniority, and whatever else but it can't be a "X for 1" kind of thing or there will be a riot. This time, everyone is in the cess pool together.

The difference is that the situation you describe wasn't a merger. Those guys could have stayed at Express and gone to MEM. I don't blame them for not wanting to move, but I hope no one brings that up as an example of what should/might happen. Mesaba didn't owe them a thing when that happened. To give them any seniority was a gift. (I'm not trying to sound like a harda**, that's just the way it is... Some of those guys are really cool and I felt for them).

Mesaba has lost planes and flying to other ALPA carriers before and no one offered us jobs. I'm not whining, just saying it's not apples to apples here.

This HAS to be a merger using DOH, relative seniority, and whatever else but it can't be a "X for 1" kind of thing or there will be a riot. This time, everyone is in the cess pool together.
You're exactly right. The Express/Mesaba LOA 31 was different than this current situation. In essence, the LOA states that Express/Pinnacle would get 2 to 1 in the event a pilot moves over to the other company. Our present situation is an aquisition which LOA 31 does not apply. The 9E ALPA DTW FO Rep who is telling this like it's going to happen is wrong. This is a whole different ball game. There will be NO 2-1. Ain't gonna happen.

You guys need to see the weekly, daily message, posted in MEM and MSP dated July 9, 2010. The way I read it, PNCL management believes that the Mesaba jets are an "asset," that will be tranferred to Pinnacle. They see Mesaba and Colgan as being merged, people and assets.

Latest resources

Back