• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e / XJ Integration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just heard Phil Trenary admit tonight that there really isn't any difference between the current Pinnacle contract vs. the Mesaba contract. He said that he'd consider carrying over the XJ CBA to cover ALL pilots....

Spread the word!

Apparently during the roadshow today in DTW Phildo implied that he wanted to bring only the airplanes over to Colgan and Pinnacle respectively and "offer" jobs to the XJ pilots. Implied that he doesn't plan on an SLI.

I would assume (hope) that section 1 of XJ's contract wouldn't allow that... would it?

Scope scope scope.

Last edited:
Apparently during the roadshow today in DTW Phildo implied that he wanted to bring only the airplanes over to Colgan and Pinnacle respectively and "offer" jobs to the XJ pilots. Implied that he doesn't plan on an SLI.

I would assume (hope) that section 1 of XJ's contract wouldn't allow that... would it?

Scope scope scope.

XJ guys correct me if I'm wrong, but the scope section of the contract says that if the airplanes go, the acquiring airline must offer employment to the pilots. Now, it doesn't say WHAT kind of employment, so Phil may be using a loophole here to get the XJ guys cheaper. The real kicker comes in LOA 6 which dealt with either 9E or XJ growing at the expense of the other during the Saab/Jetstream days. That has provisions for at least keeping SOME seniority. Here's hoping something FAIR can be accomplished for everyone rather than management either getting pilots for cheap 1st year pay or half what they should be getting.

Scope scope scope.

This is not true..even if he were crazy enough to try it, neither XJ or 9E's MEC would let this happen...we would riot in the streets before that would happen..

XJ guys my understanding is the biggest problem we are gonna have here is within the "fragmentation" language in your contract, plz correct me if im wrong and fill in the blanks here...does this "fragmentation" not state that you are in no way shape or form protected on the jets only protected on your seat and on the list...I hope this is not true, bc unfortunatley this would be the perfect loophole for management to try and cutthroat both of us...can someone from XJ explain this "fragmentation" language to me?

Last edited:
All airlines follow the 90/10 rule XJ and 9E are no different.
The 10% probably provide most of the post's here.

No worries marycon. We have a few here from the same cave.

I'm sure mgmt would love to have all the jets goto 9E, basically upgrade all the current FO's and new-hire into the FO seat, creating a very junior workforce. Colgan would be more senior but their pay is so low, it doesn't really matter and most XJ pilots would leave ASAP anyway.

I'm sure mgmt would love to have all the jets goto 9E, basically upgrade all the current FO's and new-hire into the FO seat, creating a very junior workforce. Colgan would be more senior but their pay is so low, it doesn't really matter and most XJ pilots would leave ASAP anyway.

I couldn't imagine that happening for the extra training cost short term would be astronomical. Isn't that what management looks at ...the short term.....................

Latest resources

Back