• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E Wins Race to Bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Each individual airline's negotiations are scarcely affected by rates at other airlines.

The "raising and lowering the bar" argument is a specious one at best.

Those who think otherwise do not understand market pricing nor economics in general. The "raise the bar" argument is attractive because it is simple and sounds plausible to those who do not understand how markets work.

Go research "pattern bargaining" and the history of contract negotiations under the RLA and get back to us.

Why compare 18yr pay? Whats the % of pilots who stay at regional for 18 yrs? Maybe 12 years, more likely. Is everyone getting paid so much more than 9E?
It doesnt look like much of a difference.

At least a couple hundred at my airline on year 18+ pay....I'm getting close to that myself. Mainline pilots seem to have no clue what life is like at a large regional. It's not a joke, despite the small airplanes. It is far from perfect, but what job isn't

At least a couple hundred at my airline on year 18+ pay....I'm getting close to that myself. Mainline pilots seem to have no clue what life is like at a large regional. It's not a joke, despite the small airplanes. It is far from perfect, but what job isn't

What???? Thanks to 9-11 and resulting mainline BKs, and age 65, the normal progression of regional pilots was disrupted. That left many regional pilots with no choice but to camp out at lower paying regionals, start families, etc. Now that mainline CEOs are seeing 50 seaters for what they are, very uneconomical with high gas, they are starting to park them in droves. Just because the Regionals got big gains in fleets and upgrades during the mainline BK period, doesn't mean it will occur again anytime soon. Mainline getting 88 717s is a GREAT thing for this industry, taking back flying to mainline and bringing higher wages and up to 1000 new jobs with it. Many of your Regional guys "have no idea what it is like at a legacy", but I hope you find out. It's actually GREAT, but you may have to start over in the right seat again, which some have a problem with unfortunately.

Bye Bye---General Lee

9E trying to survive.

OK, I didn't know that many 18 yr pilots at any regional.

Can you educate me on which regional, and out of how many pilots?

Can anybody else share that information about your own airline?

I have a lot of respect for the regional guys and 9E guys work very hard in tough environment. I just don't understand why gang up on these guys, the rates at 12th year is not much different. (I'm still convinced there are more of the 12 year guys than the 18 yr guys.) You may think you get paid SO MUCH more at your regional than 9E pilots, but just remember, for the major guys, ALL regional pilots 'steal jobs from us by working for pennies'. They see no difference between Horizon/AE vs 9E.

My company pays 20+ dollars/hour flying right seat 737 on 5th year than some of the legacy carriers. Should we start denying them jumpseats for lowering standards? Should we start denying jumpseats to all regional pilots? Come on now. Get real.

That left many regional pilots with no choice but to camp out at lower paying regionals,
cause YOU keep outsourcing work to the regionals putz, like the bigger RJs you just let us operate putz!
Now that mainline CEOs are seeing 50 seaters for what they are, very uneconomical with high gas, they are starting to park them in droves.
good grief Jenny you're a broken record, like we're unaware of this fact putz!
Just because the Regionals got big gains in fleets and upgrades during the mainline BK period, doesn't mean it will occur again anytime soon.
lmao! are you for real putz, how about those additional big RJs you just voted to approve putz!

Bye Bye---General Lee

you are a putz JennyLeigh

OK, I didn't know that many 18 yr pilots at any regional.

Can you educate me on which regional, and out of how many pilots?

Can anybody else share that information about your own airline?

I have a lot of respect for the regional guys and 9E guys work very hard in tough environment. I just don't understand why gang up on these guys, the rates at 12th year is not much different. (I'm still convinced there are more of the 12 year guys than the 18 yr guys.) You may think you get paid SO MUCH more at your regional than 9E pilots, but just remember, for the major guys, ALL regional pilots 'steal jobs from us by working for pennies'. They see no difference between Horizon/AE vs 9E.

My company pays 20+ dollars/hour flying right seat 737 on 5th year than some of the legacy carriers. Should we start denying them jumpseats for lowering standards? Should we start denying jumpseats to all regional pilots? Come on now. Get real.

Air Wisconsin has around 65 or so (out of 750) that have been here over 20 years. Hell, I've been here over 13, and am currently at $91.25/hr, on a 200!

We are currently in negotiations, and this will not amme things easier, that's for sure!:cool:

Peace.

Rekks

There are 160 pilots at ASA XJet at 20+ years, and 210 at 18 years out of 1700. More than 10%.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back