• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

42.7% of JetBlue Pilots Have Apps Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only way the majority of my concerns are addressed is with a CBA.

I would probably stay if we were able to get a decent CBA. I live in base and I generally enjoy my time actually spent at work doing my job.

So yes I think young guys would stay if the numbers turned in our favor or at least made it close.

I guess we will see what they come out with.
The funny thing is the ELT has a chance to keep the Union away IF (doubt it)
they fix stuff. But if they blow it (most likely)
The union will be here quick.

That is the 10% I was talking about, you should go for it. Lots of JUS guys would love to have your job.

The secret to happiness is accepting the things that you have in life. JetBlue is NOT a bad job. On the contrary, it is a great job. Things can always improve, and I think they will. But guys just keep wanting to look over one fence and see how bad they've got it, instead of looking over all the fences around them and seeing that they actually have a pretty great deal. Is it the best? No, but it's not bad at all.

Oh well. I just show up and do my job, and enjoy life. I just finished a 15 day off stretch that I was able to bid for in my first year at the company. In July/August. Using no PTO. And crediting over 85 hrs in July.

Yeah, it's horrible here.

The secret to happiness is accepting the things that you have in life. JetBlue is NOT a bad job. On the contrary, it is a great job. Things can always improve, and I think they will. But guys just keep wanting to look over one fence and see how bad they've got it, instead of looking over all the fences around them and seeing that they actually have a pretty great deal. Is it the best? No, but it's not bad at all.

Oh well. I just show up and do my job, and enjoy life. I just finished a 15 day off stretch that I was able to bid for in my first year at the company. In July/August. Using no PTO. And crediting over 85 hrs in July.

Yeah, it's horrible here.
Hey! stop that this is FI, we do not deal in reality here. You can only be accepted here by moaning about one of the best jobs in the country. All my buddies from JUS think they have died and gone to haven.

That's exactly how YOU obtained YOUR upgrade. F-ing hypocrite.

This isnt the regionals. Im not concerned about my upgrade time especially when there are FOs at major airlines making more than our 190 CA(southwest).

Im concerned about securing my career long term. Im concerned about having a recognized contract with scope provision, work rules, written retirement plans, and succession language that this management and the next are required to abide by. If you plan on making jetblue a career look past upgrade times and beyond this management because your longevity will exceed theirs and the next 3 combined.

Also...

Our business model determines upgrades. If our entire model is predicated solely on building the company on low employee wages then it will fail eventually.

We have an enormous cost advantage related to the rest of the industry. They can afford to give us peer set average compensation, that should include not only pay, but medical, retirement, vacation and sick time, and work rules.

Just curious as to who conducted the survey. Could it have been that 42.7% of the people who took the survey have apps out. Thank you.

The PVC conducted the survey, which had a 73% participation rate (1798 pilots). Yes, 42.7% (767 pilots) of the people that took the survey intend to submits apps to another carrier, while 23.1% (416 pilots) haven't made a decision one way or the other.

So lets say a quarter of the undecided submit(100) and half of the ones that say they already have were truthful and submit(370).

So 470 apps out and lets say a third of those leave. 140 guys and that doesnt include the guys currently taking recall at delta and AA. (Atleast 42 delta guys at jetblue that I know of)

Start throwing in the fact that new hires will be harder to come by and it could get interesting fast.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back