• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

42.7% of JetBlue Pilots Have Apps Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I took the survey, and it was very clear that whoever wrote the questions had no idea how to write a neutral survey.

The problem is that when your survey isn't neutral, the results literally mean nothing. The data have no value whatsoever. I'm all for a survey, but it needs to be done right, scientifically, with properly worded questions, and focus groups, etc.

The survey we got is the result of a bunch of pilots who know a lot about flying, and nothing about statistics/data collection getting together.

http://education.illinois.edu/SPED/TRI/questionnaire.htm

I took the survey, and it was very clear that whoever wrote the questions had no idea how to write a neutral survey.

The problem is that when your survey isn't neutral, the results literally mean nothing. The data have no value whatsoever. I'm all for a survey, but it needs to be done right, scientifically, with properly worded questions, and focus groups, etc.

The survey we got is the result of a bunch of pilots who know a lot about flying, and nothing about statistics/data collection getting together.

Dude - if your colleagues apply to UAL, AA or DAL and get offers they will be gone... That's the truth. If they take the time to apply that implies they are not happy with their current situation and they don't believe things will get better in the near term. We all have friends at JB and we know how unhappy many of them are - that's the truth. Your survey-writing argument does not change the fact that A LOT of people are unhappy at JB. That means great upward mobility for you and the others who remain - so, it is a win-win for many people....

Dude - if your colleagues apply to UAL, AA or DAL and get offers they will be gone... That's the truth. If they take the time to apply that implies they are not happy with their current situation and they don't believe things will get better in the near term. We all have friends at JB and we know how unhappy many of them are - that's the truth. Your survey-writing argument does not change the fact that A LOT of people are unhappy at JB. That means great upward mobility for you and the others who remain - so, it is a win-win for many people....

That's all fine, and many people do have applications out for sure. But if people want to quote the survey, they need to write and design a proper survey so they can rely on the data. Some of the questions were probably fine, but many of them were not worded in a neutral manner. There's a reason that management complained about the questions.

Again, I'm all for a survey, but they have to be designed correctly to mean anything.

And why is some old crusty freight dog that works for some scumbag operator with 50 pilots posting on every single jb thread?

We aint usa jet.

This job is great until you bend some metal, look at someone the wrong way, get your name on a list, or god help you or your family suffer from a medical event.

Insolvency will shortly follow

If someone leaves why are they bitter ? So you are saying that if 200+ pilots plus delta, aa, ual recalls leave here they were all bitter?

Seems like a pretty poor argument

I didn't say that. I said the bitter guys may leave. There are probably non bitter guys who will leave too.

Hell, I'm not bitter at all and I keep my apps up to date.

The PVC asked for access to Speak Up Data.

Company refused.

The company gave the data to MWW but not the group they are supposed to 'collaborate' with. They gave the data to a group working against the pilot group and not a group that works for the pilot group!!!

But now we have a new cubical boy who is critical of the data collection as IF there is a perfect survey out there some where is cubical land in which the company will say: "Oh you got us, we are out of false arguments (your data is "bad") so let fix this stuff now."

The company would find fault in Mother Teresa motives and methods and so would ASA-whatever.

I bet a dollar ASA_whatever cubical smells like Pizza or Fish. Ignore the management plant or wanna be.

Last edited:
This isnt the regionals. Im not concerned about my upgrade time especially when there are FOs at major airlines making more than our 190 CA(southwest).

Im concerned about securing my career long term. Im concerned about having a recognized contract with scope provision, work rules, written retirement plansand nd succession language that this management and the next are required to abide by. If you plan on making jetblue a career look past upgrade times and beyond this management because your longevity will exceed theirs and the next 3 combined.

Your arguments and opinions are perfectly fine here. But I won't be told by some captain here that has benefited greatly from fast growth and high attrition (that's how he got HIS captain seat), which were both greatly accelerated by lower relative pilot wages that I dont need to worry about MY upgrade time. higher pilot compensation and benefits will slow both attrition and growth. But that isn't HIS problem.

So lets say a quarter of the undecided submit(100) and half of the ones that say they already have were truthful and submit(370).

So 470 apps out and lets say a third of those leave. 140 guys and that doesnt include the guys currently taking recall at delta and AA. (Atleast 42 delta guys at jetblue that I know of)

Start throwing in the fact that new hires will be harder to come by and it could get interesting fast.

Yup.
I have no doubt the ELT knows this.
What they do is another story.

Latest resources

Back