• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did see changes above.
I am all for more vacation slots.
But all this is moot anyway right.
We don't have a CBA so we get what we get.
As far as attrition, nothing will wake the ELT up like cx flights due to lack of crews. It shouldn't be that way but they are still living about 3 years in the past.
The cycle favors pilots now.

What does pro CBA mean? Pro inhouse but anti ALPA. I'm pro union, ALPA first but ill vote yes for ANY union. I'll just write in ALPA.

With no retirements, THATS ALL WE HAVE!!!

Tell me, will a union and higher pilot wages produce more retirements and faster upgrade times?

So let's cut pay and benefits to speed your upgrade up. Not getting into your twist of words and spin.

Excellent. Please send a card in if you haven't already done so and ask 5 of your friends to do the same. As MA would say, this time "we are going to win and win big."

I already did one to Alpa and one to fll
I am no blue juice guy but I don't think Jetblue is the living hell
people want to make it out as.
And for the love of god if there is a vote somone get Barney off bluepilots.

The seniority system can suck.
Yes Paraphrasing Winston Churchill, seniority is the worse system used in managing an airline, except all others. And if you get a union the senior guys will vote for what they want, you only need 51% to think they are senior. The history of seniors protecting themselves is immpressive.

Yes Paraphrasing Winston Churchill, seniority is the worse system used in managing an airline, except all others. And if you get a union the senior guys will vote for what they want, you only need 51% to think they are senior. The history of seniors protecting themselves is immpressive.

Kind of how airlines work. You start as a frosh, move up, become senior, retire. Sort of like every other industry.

If you are a Captain JB, you have better job than 90% of the pilot flying in the US. Six figure income, if senior a good schedule.

Been at B6 for 9 years. Captain. I have friends at our peer set carriers who are First Officers with less longevity and seniority than me. Their overall compensation, benefits, retirement, QOL, etc far exceeds what I have here. Their Captains' overall compensation, etc, makes ours look absolutely pittiful and is downright insulting. Apples to apples comparison. Just sayin.

Send in a card. Tell a friend to send in a card.

"In business, you don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate."

Good post. Thank you for well thought out post.
If all that changed for the better would you still stay?
I wonder if all these things did change how many young guys would still stick it out?

The only way the majority of my concerns are addressed is with a CBA.

I would probably stay if we were able to get a decent CBA. I live in base and I generally enjoy my time actually spent at work doing my job.

So yes I think young guys would stay if the numbers turned in our favor or at least made it close.

Been at B6 for 9 years. Captain. I have friends at our peer set carriers who are First Officers with less longevity and seniority than me. Their overall compensation, benefits, retirement, QOL, etc far exceeds what I have here. Their Captains' overall compensation, etc, makes ours look absolutely pittiful and is downright insulting. Apples to apples comparison. Just sayin.
That is the 10% I was talking about, you should go for it. Lots of JUS guys would love to have your job.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back