• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2013 L-CAL System Bid Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well it's hard to tell through the ego, but it appears you voted for this current contract. Deny it as you like, but your YES vote lead to the approval of LOA 25 Section 4. And you somehow think you hold the high ground on character! :rolleyes:

By the way a Scab is a Scab. Never once faced a discipline problem for using the word. Sorry you turned chicken sh!t based on rumors. Most UAL furloughees at CAL aren't like that.

Funny how scabs at CAL have had a comfortable environment around guys like you for many years and that is now changing. Now they have to fly with guys like me and now are comtemplating early retirement. Not sure what rumors but this major capitulating culture that management enjoys and prefers is your problem but we'll fix it.

UAL MEC represents UAL furloughees for the SLI process which is at the deep core of all the problems but you know that don't you. Are you one of the guys that says we have no career expectations as we are furloughed?

Wait.....you expected the CAL MEC, which set you up a job no questions asked, paid you what you were making after you were furloughed from UAL, represented you as a CAL pilot but wearing UAL wings, received lump sum money and profit sharing as a CAL pilot but your UAL MEC represents you for the SLI and now you are glad you think you have somehow eliminated the CAL MEC? Is there anything else we can do for you as you walk on our backs while we are face down in the mud.

Funny how scabs at CAL have had a comfortable environment around guys like you for many years and that is now changing. Now they have to fly with guys like me and now are comtemplating early retirement. Not sure what rumors but this major capitulating culture that management enjoys and prefers is your problem but we'll fix it.

Haaaaaaa, wwhhhoooooo, hooooooeeeeee. Gimme a sec......catching my breath. Now that was damn funny. Are you the pot or the kettle?

You'll have to explain to me how as far as w2's go hourly compensation X hours worked per month X 12 does not = compensation. Was the CAL MEC looking for work rules on the W2's?? I knew they were confused but...........

I spent three semesters in various labor law classes at Georgetown and we reviewed numerous case histories regarding arbitrated labor and integration decisions. I can assure you that W2 data is heavily looked at by arbitrators in their decisions. It is exactly why the CAL MEC had to force UAL MEC to release the data. You're a fool to think otherwise.

Last edited:

Are you truly this arrogant or did you stay in a Holiday Inn last night? I have heard from a lot of pilots at CAL remarking it was a huge mistake to bring the UAL furloughs on property.

Even more ironic that I just had this same conversation with a 90 ish hire Captain friend of mine last night about what a major pain in the ass and how arrogant some of you guys are. "It might have been better to let them rot in the street where the UAL MEC placed them in the first place".

Last edited:
Sorry guys, when it comes down to it, it will be pretty close to current relative seniority, plus or minus a few percentage points. I believe longevity will also be a small factor this time, but it probably won't make a huge difference. Unfortunately the current guys/gals on furlough will probably be placed below all current flying pilots, and there will probably be fences around the 744s on the UAL side, and 787s on the CAL side, maybe 5 years. Also a no "bump and flush" for current seats and bases. Don't get too spooled up, that is most likely what will happen. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Are you truly this arrogant or did you stay in a Holiday Inn last night? I have heard from a lot of pilots at CAL remarking it was a huge mistake to bring the UAL furloughs on property.

Even more ironic that I just had this same conversation with a 90 ish hire Captain friend of mine last night about what a major pain in the ass and how arrogant some of you guys are. "It might have been better to let them rot in the street where the UAL MEC placed them in the first place".

I have heard several complaints from more than a handful of captains.

Initially, I believed offering furloughed pilots a job at L-CAL was the right thing to do, but now I'm not too sure.

It's almost like we insulted these guys, crappy L-CAL airlines offering the almighty L-UAL pilots a job.

I have heard several complaints from more than a handful of captains.

Initially, I believed offering furloughed pilots a job at L-CAL was the right thing to do, but now I'm not too sure.

It's almost like we insulted these guys, crappy L-CAL airlines offering the almighty L-UAL pilots a job.

They should have been hired into the L CAL medical clinics in IAH and EWR. Discount brain surgery while you wait.

From a practical standpoint, it sure has bred a lot of arrogance that is for sure. From my perspective studying case law and prior precedents, there are going to be a lot of hombres getting a real rude awakening.

Wait.....you expected the CAL MEC, which set you up a job no questions asked, paid you what you were making after you were furloughed from UAL, represented you as a CAL pilot but wearing UAL wings, received lump sum money and profit sharing as a CAL pilot but your UAL MEC represents you for the SLI and now you are glad you think you have somehow eliminated the CAL MEC? Is there anything else we can do for you as you walk on our backs while we are face down in the mud.

How many times does "his" MEC have to through him under the bus before it sinks in??

Latest resources

Back