• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
to win you have to be aggressive. you have to want it.

being scared and running away from every little problem isnt the way to get 10 and 250. letting everything slide like its no big deal every time.

Last edited:
to win you have to be aggressive. you have to want it.

being scared and running away from every little problem isnt the way to get 10 and 250. letting everything slide like its no big deal every time.

Are we playing football or conducting business?

To win in business you have to be smart, level headed, and sometimes an outstanding diplomat….which have not been traits demonstrated by several in this thread.

So a union buster is better than a scab?

After all, in many cases, it's the union buster that creates the scab.

Ahhh... But the union buster is only doing his job. The scab is the lowest form of humanity. He is the one who selfishly steals off your children's plate to fatten himself. He is the one who is too ignorant to know that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. He is the stabber of backs.

Milton wrote that the inner gates of Hell are saved for betrayers and mutineers. THAT is a scab.

Teachers, and many other professionals, have been underpaid for decades also. I would say that a nurse, fireman, or policeman, have greater career risks.

Serious question that I don't know the answer to...How does one determine if they are underpaid?

How? Read the Papers!
This just doesn't fly: Some airline pilots barely make living wage

Many ways to make this determination: Adam Smith's fair lottery is one example.

Now Police Fire Nursing have greater career risks?

I don't think so ... one reason people choose those fields is the Career security. Same with teaching. Very secure careers.

That you post this tells me you have absolutely no sense at all of what it takes to make it in flying.

I seriously doubt anyone would make the personal sacrifices I have made and others have made for most other careers ....

You have NO CLUE ... NO CLUE! What people have done to get here.

Its a long way to the top if you wanna Rock-n-Roll

Last edited:
How? Read the Papers!
This just doesn't fly: Some airline pilots barely make living wage

Many ways to make this determination: Adam Smith's fair lottery is one example.

Now Police Fire Nursing have greater career risks?

I don't think so ... one reason people choose those fields is the Career security. Same with teaching. Very secure careers.

That you post this tells me you have absolutely no sense at all of what it takes to make it in flying.

The link didn't work so I found the article elsewhere. The article is discussing the low pay of regional pilots which is really bad...no question about it. My question would be is why do people line up to do these jobs at the pay offered? The answer seems obvious that higher paying jobs aren't available and these people should have chosen a different career path. If less supply existed, the salaries would go up quickly. BTW, interns straight out of medical school have to do the same type of apprenticeship at the rate of $13.50 to $15 per hour.

The article was also interesting in that it stated that the maximum average compensation level of airline pilots is $198,625.

I think we may be viewing career risks differently…chasing druggies, getting shot at by looney tunes, or rushing into burning buildings for $65K/year is what I was referring to.

Regarding Adam Smith, I haven’t followed his teachings much since school. I did look him up because I remembered vaguely some of his works and came across a quote which I recall a professor using when discussing Mr. Smith…."the reason that the invisible hand often seems invisible is that it is often not there."

I think we can use this observation when we think somebody is out to take advantage of us.

Latest resources

Back