10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
???? WTF are you saying???

You do realize that Comair struck for 89 days back in 2001, costing Delta well over a billion $$, created a work slowdown by following the book, and had a huge showing of solidarity as evident by the stacks of NO votes piled high at the CP's office door....They signed what was then considered the best contract at the time (I KNOW comparing regional contracts is like comparing who's herpes contraction looks better) They risked alot and stood strong... Nothing but respect for anyone who had the pleasure of passing through Comair's doors..

QOL at Comair for the next few years after that was generally pretty good. (atleast mine was).. Although not much money, I was making more then than most RJ 70-90 seat pilots are making nowadays...with better work rules.

It wasn't until around 2004- that places like CHQ and Mesa put too much pressure on our way of life and unfortunately the Comair pilots slowly gave in and caved on concessionary contracts. And after that it was just a matter of old 50 seaters and being wholly owned by Big D. Delta could pull more strings at Comair than they could with the other contract carriers....

Next time use a different analogy to compare bottom feeders.... I spent some quality time at Comair, which is the reason I never have looked back and had one negative comment about my time there.. IMO time well spent and had a lot of fun and met some good people.

And don't forget what the QOL and wages were like at NJA pre-'05

Mahalo

ComAir's history is EXACTLY why we have to be cautious about how hard we negotiate. Don't you understand that their higher overhead is why they shut down? Their competitors had lower cost of operation and survived as a result. Company survival is rather important if we want to be employed, it seems to me.

Yawn. Blah blah blah. Could someone please summarize the past three hundred posts in red text so I don't waste my evening?

A gentleman wanted a discussion of a proposal where the union would ask for $250K salary for PIC's after 10 years of service.

Some people thought it would be a good idea and doable, others thought it was crazy. We yelled at each and called each other names...of course wishing everyone the best during the process.

We discussed the career risks and salary level of firefighters, nurses, teachers, and policeman and everyone here thought pilots have the most dangerous job and that the could become teachers, firefighters, teachers, and policeman, but it wouldn't work in reverse ...very surprising and shocking.

Somebody wrote a post begging an owner to write Warren a letter asking that he help out the pilots with more money so they could live as good as their neighbors who work 9 to 5 and make more money.

I think the last figure thrown out for NetJets profits was about $6 trillion, so they are in the position to pay the pilots more...just joking about the $6 trillion.

The gentleman who started the thread came back awhile ago and thought $180K was a more realistic number and he was immediately burned at the stake and called a loser.

Now it appears we are at the stage of poster's fatigue. Overall, it was a lively discussion that didn't do too much damage to anyone's ego.

Why did you want it red and next time pay attention.

ComAir's history is EXACTLY why we have to be cautious about how hard we negotiate. Don't you understand that their higher overhead is why they shut down? Their competitors had lower cost of operation and survived as a result. Company survival is rather important if we want to be employed, it seems to me.

Comair ceased operations because they were owned by Delta and had no other opportunity to outside flying because they were a wholly owned carrier...

The other regionals who did get flying once done by Comair, had vastly younger pilots.... And not nearly as senior... Unless you think a 20 year guy should be paid that of a 4 yr Captain who's maybe 30....

And to completely invalidate your argument, Comair did eventually take a pay freeze and then a pay cut..... Only to have the company come back and want more.......

There is a point when it's time to stop being a p.ussy

Bulls***!!!!??? Comair was shut down because Delta didn't give a flying F how much money they lost, they were going to stick it to the pilots who dared say no to the Godd*** Evil Empire!!! Comair pilots were not one penny more expensive than any other regional! Get that straight!:puke:

Your request to NJAOwner should make every swinging d!ck cringe. Real men don't beg, cry, or complain...

Warren has already been sought out for support of his workers...see link below. He wouldn't help out coal miners making $52K a year..so I doubt he will jump at the chance to pay pilots making $80K and up more.

If he were to answer it should/would be..."sure, let's give them more money...how much do you, as a client, want to kick in to help these poor overworked boys out?"

Buffett considers NetJets one of his worst investments ever in case you didn't know.

What are you so AFAID of gret???? Are you nervous that owners will write letters to Warren exposing the truth? We are responsible for more lives and real estate than any other profession. The more you continue comparing us to bartenders and coal miners; the more idiotic you appear.

Why do you refuse to tell us your profession ??? Everytime I ask, you run away and hide, you wuss.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back