• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not against the profession at all, and don't understand why people think so. Being good in any position is to be admired and one should be proud of the accomplishments...life is hard.

The problem is with the few immature bozos who claim they are better than everyone else and deserve compensation that doesn't have any foundation in reality...and whose irresponsible actions may jeopardize the jobs of others. One example would be the repeated claim that pilots alone make NetJets work...the world that I come from finds this offensive and disrespectful to the many A&P's, schedulers, ground personnel, accountants, flight attendants, and others who take pride in their work and contribute greatly to the company. Another example would be begging an owner to write a letter to WB for a raise because they don't make as much as their neighbor. Every single NetJet employee, regardless of their job, should find this embarrassing. This nonsense is a black mark against the profession, makes everyone look bad, and reinforces the perception that pilots are a greedy bunch of egomaniacs.

If you have to tell the world how great you are, you are not great and look foolish.

We'll see what the economics will support.

This CBA could have been extended 3 years at a simple CPI COLA adjustment but it was not.

That tells me someone thinks they can do better than that on the other side. I don't think the economics are going to support that thinking.

Let's see who is closer to being correct.

Ahhh... But the union buster is only doing his job. The scab is the lowest form of humanity. He is the one who selfishly steals off your children's plate to fatten himself. He is the one who is too ignorant to know that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. He is the stabber of backs.

Milton wrote that the inner gates of Hell are saved for betrayers and mutineers. THAT is a scab.

Although I completely agree with your characterization of the scab, your contention that the union buster is only “doing his job”, reminds me a lot of the Nuremberg defense. Eichmann said, “I did not persecute Jews with avidity and passion. That is what the government did. . . . At that time obedience was demanded…”. This defense has, of course, been almost universally repudiated and Eichmann was hanged.

Does the union buster follow the orders or does he give them? I don’t think there is even a real rationalization or a conceivable defense for those that give the orders.

Martin Levitt says, “Union busting is a field populated by bullies and built on deceit. A campaign against a union is an assault on individuals and a war on the truth.”

Let’s not give them a pass, on this forum, just because they’re being paid to “do a job” on us.

Lets hope for the best. It would help a lot if the economy would show some signs of sustain growth, which it hasn't since 2008.

Not against the profession at all, and don't understand why people think so. Being good in any position is to be admired and one should be proud of the accomplishments...life is hard.

The problem is with the few immature bozos who claim they are better than everyone else and deserve compensation that doesn't have any foundation in reality...and whose irresponsible actions may jeopardize the jobs of others. One example would be the repeated claim that pilots alone make NetJets work...the world that I come from finds this offensive and disrespectful to the many A&P's, schedulers, ground personnel, accountants, flight attendants, and others who take pride in their work and contribute greatly to the company. Another example would be begging an owner to write a letter to WB for a raise because they don't make as much as their neighbor. Every single NetJet employee, regardless of their job, should find this embarrassing. This nonsense is a black mark against the profession, makes everyone look bad, and reinforces the perception that pilots are a greedy bunch of egomaniacs.

If you have to tell the world how great you are, you are not great and look foolish.

I not sure anyone has made the claims that the pilots are better than schedulers, flight attendants, or mechanics? We absolutely wouldn't be there without them. I did notice that you left the dispatchers out of your list however. Interesting... What we did claim is that we are the face of the company, the tip of the spear, the ones who pick up the mess others make, the only ones who are accountable when things go wrong, and the ones who make things happen without the owners knowing there was a problem, DAILY... We are easily with the MINIMUM of 10/$250.

If you aren't against the profession you have a hypocritical way of showing it, Mr. Manager.

THE DEADLIEST JOBS in the WORLD

1. Commercial fishermen - 121.2 deaths per 100,000 workers
2. Loggers - 102.4 deaths per 100,000 workers
3. PILOTS - 57.0 deaths per 100,000 workers

Although dangerous jobs, firemen and police officers don't even make the top ten.

Walk up to any professional pilot and ask them if they personally know someone who has died pursuing this career -- I have a feeling you'll be surprised at the number they tell you....

My sad, personal number in this category is now up to 10, ALL civilian.

But Gunfyter's distinction is an important one. It's not just the physical risk associated with the profession that determines the compensation. It's the economic, intellectual, and personal roadblocks that constantly peel off individuals from the potential supply of a given skill.

Low supply + high demand = higher compensation. At least it does when the invisible hand is allowed to function and the black hand of government doesn't skew the equation. Like the stupidity of the minimum wage. But that's another discussion...

Article from CNBC today...not meant to flame debate...just an interesting take on things

Gen Y managers perceived as entitled, need polish

…”Entitled workers, those who feel they are owed things from their organization and that their excellence is a given, are less likely to lead teams effectively and advocate for subordinates.

A 2010 study by Paul Harvey, then an assistant professor of management at the University of New Hampshire, found that entitled employees are more likely to feel frustrated on the job and to lash out at colleagues.

"The frustration experienced by entitled workers appears to stem from perceived inequities in the rewards received by co-workers to whom psychologically entitled employees feel superior," Harvey said.”…

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100997634

Get,

Again what do you do for a living? Are you a bartender? Are you a teacher? Are you a nurse? I am pretty sure that I can do all those jobs, since I have done some without any problem.
However, I doubt those same people could do my job, including you. You are the one who is ARROGANT, claiming that we are pathetic bozos. I have been nothing but transparent and respectful to you. That ends now! You are nothing but a piece of ********************, you troll WANNABEE PATHETIC MORON without a clue.

I will not engage you again because you do nothing but bring us down and your comparisons are illogical. GET A LIFE LOSER!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back