10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Realism is not a concession.

MC's numbers would seem to confirm my point of view.

And yes, the photon torpedo reference was for you amigo...

Thanks for only setting the phaser on "stun."

I wouldn't set a phaser to kill aimed at you.

[QUOTEjonjuan;2423659]I don't think airlines get cola raises after top longevity.[/QUOTE]

All the major airlines, and at least most of the regionals, have COLA raises every year of the contract whether it be the first year or the last on the pay scales. They typically don't carry on the COLA raises once the contract is done and they go into negotiations- a five year contract will have pay scales for each year of the contract that include the COLA raises. I don't believe any of the airlines have actual inflation indexed COLA raises, but instead a fixed raise and this raise is on top of longevity raises. For NetJets next contract, I believe the majority are in favor of using an indexed based raise in case of massive inflation. The company has that for the management fees in every owner contact, along with a minimum rate for inflation.

If we are going to settle for 10/180, they better include something like our first day OT rules for everyday and OT for any nonflying time when at the airport with a full crew and working airplane. That would bring plenty of soft money to bring the average pay up. That would be on top of the retirement improvements.

BO swore on all kinds of soft money.

Personally, I never see it.

I'm not a big fan of the soft money, but if it is set up right there is no way the company would be able to side step it without hiring many more pilots and having a bigger core fleet. And just imagine if scheduling did figure out how to do it without extra pilots, without paying us hideous amounts of OT, and without massive selloffs. We would be constantly well rested and the job would be loads easier. I would trade some pay for that. There would still need to be a massive improvement not including soft money.

Latest resources

Back