• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You'll be moved...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I recall correctly, last time (circa 2000) the dedicated crewing was because there were many inconsistencies in the flight deck along the same jets in the same fleet since they were all picked up used.

I agree with Shanes that if a pilot moves to an open fleet than he does not fly just 1 tail.

In the long run I do not think that owners will pay extra for "dedicated crewing". It is very expensive.

True. There were many different panels with different avionics BUT when we went 91K/135, pilots had to be trained on all of the available cockpit layouts. The system collapsed when a new Captain went to a different aircraft and found a discrepancy. The company pushed, and the pilots pushed back in the form of a Union. Was never a big Union guy, but this place, without a Union, changed my mind.

What difference does it make what aircraft you are assigned to when they are all identical cockpit door forward? NJA owner is spot on and gives the best perspective of anyone cause he is actually a customer that's writing the check. He just told you he returned to NJ cause we are trying to charge to much for nothing different then anyone else has. KR is playing on the new stupid customer just like he plays on the stupid pilot. Making you clowns think your special cause your a chosen Red Label. Reality check your not special. You were just willing to sell out a fellow pilot.

I think I did not express myself well. My opinion is everyone bidding would either nullify the red label scheme, or more likely, cause management to renege on their seniority claim. Clear now?

Oh, I get what you are suggesting, and I don't disagree with it, however if you or any other members of the Flexjet PLC are bidding for a red label position, while the union is asking people not to, then it hurts the cause. What you suggested isn't a bad idea for the domestic RL program, but it should be the official Union position before anyone in leadership bids, IMO.

You options pilots are the biggest bunch of miserable c@&ksuckers I've ever worked with. You hate it so much, fricking quit!!!!! I just don't understand in this job market why you would stick around if you hate it so much. You're not ever going to change KR's way of doing business. There's only so many things you control in life and that ain't one of them. You guys need to get drunk, laid and a new job.

To be fair and honest, I left before the Red Label became a selling point (though it was discussed). After the FX-FLOPS merger was announced. I did have some previous card experience with FX and liked the service - but as far as a share was concerned wasn't keen on having to buy a new share every 5-7 years (as opposed to rolling over). Personally - I would gladly fly on a 9 year old jet if I did not have to pony up $$ for a new share (and still ride the 6-7 years old jets). That was a big down point of FX and Red Label brings it back.

What difference does it make what aircraft you are assigned to when they are all identical cockpit door forward?

I'll tell you one thing that I do not like about the dedicated crewing at the old Flight Options and that was the willingness of certain(FOK) pilots to carry write-ups. One plane had STBY instruments that would not all power up on the STBY battery and that same plane would not start the left engine first(not good in the dual flameout scenario). They tried to label me a "troublemaker". I really do not want this company to return to those days.

You options pilots are the biggest bunch of miserable c@&ksuckers I've ever worked with. You hate it so much, fricking quit!!!!! I just don't understand in this job market why you would stick around if you hate it so much. You're not ever going to change KR's way of doing business. There's only so many things you control in life and that ain't one of them. You guys need to get drunk, laid and a new job.

Sorry Brit, I'm not going away. This company has lots of potential but sometimes our leaders just need a little guidance. As for you, if you can't get along with the rest of us, how about you go away?

Dumb question -- if it is dedicated crewing, what if you are not nuts about the co-workers you will be spending a good bit of the next 5 years with. Almost like being, married to them?? Also, based upon the NTSB report I read on the BED G-IV incident, I would weigh the "safety gain" of a dedicated crew against the "safety risk" of a complacent team working together for too long. Pros and cons to both.

At the end of the day it came down to a few factors to move back - (1) Recovery times and peak day flights -- big problems for FLOPs and got worse after getting FX (and according to my friends on FX still an issue) - we were moved 3 hours on practically every peak day and waited many, many hours for recovery flights when needed, (2) care of the asset - the brand new Phenoms were looking like crap after less than 1 year -- FLOPS just doesn't keep them up as nicely as NJ and, I know it was only appearances, but made me wonder about the stuff I could not see, and (3) how they treat the pilots (not because I am such a nice guy - which I am - but I believe better hotels mean better sleep - better sleep means hopefully a safer flight). In some locales I knew where NJ put up the pilots for the night and the FLOPs pilots were nt put up in the same (or even similar hotels).

Last edited:
I'll tell you one thing that I do not like about the dedicated crewing at the old Flight Options and that was the willingness of certain(FOK) pilots to carry write-ups. One plane had STBY instruments that would not all power up on the STBY battery and that same plane would not start the left engine first(not good in the dual flameout scenario). They tried to label me a "troublemaker". I really do not want this company to return to those days.

Remember the dumbazz that use to manually put the gear down in the Challenger for quite a long time, he was dedicated crew. Dedicated Crewing isn't safer here at FLOPS its a scam to pit pilots against pilots.
Kinda like the company questioned why FLOPS has more Fatigue calls than FLEX, ......well turns out FLEX is paid double or something over 12 hrs, so your paid well to fly tired and move the plane anyway.

Latest resources

Back