Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Imissmypilot

https://youtu.be/XDj5q6bk5sc

How come no one - and yes that includes 1108 leadership - wants to discuss the FACT that the only thing being sold right now is Red Label shares, with the exception of a few "foreclosed" (for lack of a better description) shares.

So here's how I see it, two possibilities:

1.) Every regular line pilot schlub is being literally cheated out of money by both management and their red label counterparts

And/or

2.) Eventually, the entire (meaning 100%) business model is going to be Red Label. Considering Ricci's well documented aversion to paying pilots equally, there's going to be a big surprise down the road.

Red label is nothing more than an opportunity for management to divide and conquer. I'd love to see what would actually happen if the pilot group refused to bite but the fact is as long as we continue to have pilots who sell themselves out like w************************* (hey, at least they're high class whore$, right?) we will never know. These same guys cry foul about the SLI but they are not protecting the current seniority list so why should anyone give a rat's freaking ass about SLI at this point?

Seems to me the bitching about SLI is just a convenient excuse. Enough said before I go too far on that topic.

The commercial promises new owners we'll be "movers" more than pilots. The fact is the only place OneSly pilots still care to move is ahead of their rightful place on the seniority list. I am appalled the union continues to punt on this issue. Remind me, why should I pay my dues if it would appear I can have my slice of cake without paying for it? Just saying it's wrong (which it is) doesn't appear to resonate with too many of us. I'd like for leadership to actually answer this.

I'm Not leadership, but those backstabbers are considered outcasts by a lot of us.

I noticed in the videos, that they emphasize the pilots. Over one half of our pilots are Union supporters, so will the company give them any credit for maintaining a high standard? Without the Union, I remember the pressure to carry write-ups, fly tired and sick and without food. Wow, what a long way we have come from those dark days.

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/XDj5q6bk5sc

How come no one - and yes that includes 1108 leadership - wants to discuss the FACT that the only thing being sold right now is Red Label shares, with the exception of a few "foreclosed" (for lack of a better description) shares.

So here's how I see it, two possibilities:

1.) Every regular line pilot schlub is being literally cheated out of money by both management and their red label counterparts

And/or

2.) Eventually, the entire (meaning 100%) business model is going to be Red Label. Considering Ricci's well documented aversion to paying pilots equally, there's going to be a big surprise down the road.

Red label is nothing more than an opportunity for management to divide and conquer. I'd love to see what would actually happen if the pilot group refused to bite but the fact is as long as we continue to have pilots who sell themselves out like w************************* (hey, at least they're high class whore$, right?) we will never know. These same guys cry foul about the SLI but they are not protecting the current seniority list so why should anyone give a rat's freaking ass about SLI at this point?

Seems to me the bitching about SLI is just a convenient excuse. Enough said before I go too far on that topic.

The commercial promises new owners we'll be "movers" more than pilots. The fact is the only place OneSly pilots still care to move is ahead of their rightful place on the seniority list. I am appalled the union continues to punt on this issue. Remind me, why should I pay my dues if it would appear I can have my slice of cake without paying for it? Just saying it's wrong (which it is) doesn't appear to resonate with too many of us. I'd like for leadership to actually answer this.

Kenn Ricci wants Red label to be the "Go Forward" business plan, but does that necessarily mean that it will continue in it's current form? Without a union, then yes, he gets to walk over 80% of the pilot group and continue to bestow favoritism on the FOK, but long as the union is still on property, eventually this program will have to morph into something we can all live with. The union is obliged to attempt to negotiate, and in a perfect world, we would get it done this way, but that time is slipping away while the company continues to "surface negotiate". Chances are that DAC/Onesky management will ask the NMB for more time in an attempt to continue to stall this process, maybe they will get some additional time, maybe not. However, I would bet that we will end up in arbitration eventually. Now that doesn't mean that an arbitrator will give us everything we want either. For instance, I doubt they will give a rats A$$ about the uniforms, so we'll all end up looking like prison guards. Will the arbitrator care about dedicated crewing, who knows? The pay will probably also end up very mediocre, because an arbitrator is very unlikely to award industry leading pay. In fact, you might as well get used to that idea that the whole contract will be average at best. But with a union on property, at least we will actually have a contract, and seniority will have to be honored. Our only hope to get a good contract was to negotiate from a position of solidarity and strength, but thanks to a weak vote and a bunch of ostriches who buried their heads in the sand, that chance is also quickly slipping away. The union isn't some foreign entity, it is you, me and every other pilot who fights for the collective. Kenn Ricci will Never stop his attempts to dived & conquer. We know, because we have lived it, but thus far, the majority of the Flexjet folks have refused to listen to the voice of experience. So the big question now, is will you openly support our union, or will you quietly become an IGM, in a desperate but futile attempt to get pulled in to the FOK circle?

Last edited:
A union leaders PM'ed me a response which I think is patently ridiculous. So I just want to put my response here just in case the message doesn't get passed along.

removed said:
What response do you expect? No one likes red label, but until we have a JCBA Management can do what they want with us as "at will" employees. Other than negotiate for a JCBA, what would you have leadership do?

Well you know what? For one thing I would expect leadership to not be in ********************ing red label positions.

Listen it either is or isn't the death nail of everything that is wrong with Kenn Ricci's management style. It takes some effing stones to have your cake and eat it too: which is exactly what any POC member in Red Label is doing. You bring this fight, this bitterness, this constant tension into our life by riling up Kenn Ricci (and I truly thank you for it) but then don't backup the rhetoric with honest action. How do you expect solidarity when you can't even express it from the top down?

What do I expect? How about anything, anything short of hypocrisy for starters.

993 Pilot - and so the slow creep to lowered expectations begins. Right on cue.

I don't "want" industry leading, kenn ricci told me I would get it. So go ********************ing get it.

Anything less than industry leading is simply Kenn proving he's a ********************ing liar. Are you saying you're going to allow him to prove it? Way to win there 993. Way to win.

When he said industry Leading he meant leading the race to the bottom. Funny how some guys just can't figure out how KR talks. He never lies. He just lets you draw your own conclusions on what he means. Not his fault you guys think industry leading means a race to the top.

993 Pilot - and so the slow creep to lowered expectations begins. Right on cue.

I don't "want" industry leading, kenn ricci told me I would get it. So go ********************ing get it.

Anything less than industry leading is simply Kenn proving he's a ********************ing liar. Are you saying you're going to allow him to prove it? Way to win there 993. Way to win.

Should you lower your expectations?... YES you should, but don't even attempt to put this on me or the union leadership. I am not allowing him to prove it, our lack of solidarity is what allows him to get away with most of what he does. The union leadership's power to negotiate anything, is directly proportional to the solidarity of the membership. You can put it on all the IGM's and the ostriches that hide in the shadows, bury their head in the sand, beLIEve Kenn Ricci, and refuse to openly support their union. If we had any real solidarity, the union would actually have some negotiating power, but we don't. If we did, and if Onesky management actually negotiated in good faith (Big IF's), the union leadership would probably be willing to extend the negotiations for a short time in order to get it all done, but that is not the reality of the situation that we all find ourselves in at this point. Mark my words, this will all go to arbitration, because our weak solidarity empowers Onesky management and gives the IBT leadership no real choice but to request it. Kenn Ricci will then blame the mediocre contract and wages on the arbitrator and on the union for not extending negotiations to avoid said arbitration. Then he will tell us that he would have given us all more, and let us vote on it, if we would only get rid of the pesky union and trust him. LIES. He will never give up trying to bust the union. If he is ever successful, he will continue playing favorites with the 10-20% FOK while 80-90% of us won't make the cut to be one of the cool kids. But if you just try harder, accept longer duty days, fly sick/fatigued, carry write-ups, etc., then maybe, just maybe, you will be invited to sit at the cool kids table. That was the carrot hanging out in front of you and the way it always worked at Options, before the union. You can join the Red-Label program, or not, I don't really care, because we are all going to end up in some version of it at some point anyways. What I do care about is, are you willing to stand up and fight for the collective, or are you going to be an IGM. Just so you know, even most of the IGM's won't ever get to the real FOK level. It is long past time for you to all actually stand up and fight for what you believe in instead of sitting in the shadows on the sidelines to wait and see what happens next.

Only person to blame is the Pilots. No solidarity. A complete lack of proffesionalism in this group and a complete disgrace to the whole industry. And think what you like but the industry has taken note and every proffesional out there on the road knows very well what this pilot group is about. And they don't call them cool kids.

Imiss is just another do nothing but yells the loudest about all the wrong.

Whatever champ. I've said it before and I'll say it again, with leaders like you guys, the bar is at least low enough for anyone to reach, right?

If that low bar is your goal, you're definitely achieving it. Our newest red label list shows yet another supposed leader in line for his spot on the red label feeding trough. Way to go PLC.

Oh, by the way nice Teamsters magazine for the October monthly with nothing but page after page of political in-fighting and contrarian ads. This ********************show is almost to much to take sometimes.

Latest resources

Back