XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
401k match at XO

Like many others here I am too waiting to hear from XOJET.

Can someone in the knows please enlighten us when it comes to the 401k at XOJET. Do they match, and if so, by how much?

/FlyZimex

So, if you have passengers waiting in the lobby, and you haven't eaten for say 8 hours, you're going to tell them, "I'm getting a crew car and going to a nice restaurant for lunch. Just wait here an hour or so, and we'll get back to you."

Come on capthuff, you're living in fantasy land. Come back to reality and let us know what it's like when you get there.

Are you really that stubborn? And you fly airplanes? God help us!!!

Please re-read my post , particularly the part where I said "if we don't have time, then we order food from a caterer...no problem."

You may find it works better for you to think before speaking.

You may find it works better for you to read before responding. Doyle wasn't talking to you at all. He was responding to Capthuff. Remember - read first, then respond.

Mr. Gump,

If you'll notice post #16 of this very thread, made by myself, and then post #22, Doyle's response to my original post, you may find the origin of all subsequent posts regarding our meal policy and Doyle's struggles to understand said policy.

Maybe it should be: read first, think, don't forget what you've already read minutes/hours/days/months earlier, think some more, and then respond.

Next time I will be more specific when referring to something I said. Thank you for participating.

Doyle,

Perhaps you missed my little hint of sarcasm. I dont think going to a sit down restaurant would be the prudent thing to do.

But, if I havent eaten in 8 hours and there is no catering waiting for me at the FBO, and the PAX are already there, then YES I'm going to get some food.
Chances are there are three reasons why I would be in that situation.
1) Dispatch screwed up the times and got us there late.
2) Charter sales/owner services screwed up and the pax showed early.
3) the original plane broke and this is a recovery trip.

Now I realize that we, as pilots, are the front line ambassadors for the companies we work for. Exceptional customer service is demanded in our profession. It is our calling to make up for all the mistakes that happen in the lines of communication at our respective companies.

In any case I dont see where the rush is.
If I'm hungry I need food.
I read somewhere that flying hungry is similiar to flying fatigued. It messes with your ADM. I cant imagine that is would be as severe as fatigue, but I am not surprised it would affect you in some adverse way.
Of course I probably read that on an internet message board - and you know how reliable they can be...

FWIW I have showed at an FBO with pax there, said "Hi, I'll be right back" Then went to the FBO dask, got the crew car and got something to eat. And that was with my boss and his whole family sitting at the FBO waiting for me.

BTW my job is almost a fantasy when I look at the crap fractional pilots have to deal with. You guys work your a$$e$ off every day of your tour.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Doyle,

BTW my job is almost a fantasy when I look at the crap fractional pilots have to deal with. You guys work your a$$e$ off every day of your tour.

For the month of Jan, I flew 44 hours. I had 1 six day tour, and 2 four day tours. Based at LAX, and never went east of OMA. One of my short tours, day 1 was a 5pm checkin and go straight to hotel. 5 flights total (3 pax flts, 2 repos). Last day was an airline home, done by 130pm.

Last trip, 3 flights (1 pax, 2 repos). Airline home, done by 3pm.

And this is on the X and NJs.

Last edited:
But, if I havent eaten in 8 hours and there is no catering waiting for me at the FBO, and the PAX are already there, then YES I'm going to get some food.

OK, well this is where Huff and I differ...this would not fly at XOJet. Under no circumstances would we make our passengers wait while the crew left to get food. If a crew ever did that, they probably wouldn't be around much longer. We have plenty of snacks on board, we'll just have to make do eating all of our chips and cookies and other junk to get us through the next leg.

But this is one of those scenarios where it'd be perfectly legit for the crew to get some crew meals ordered through the local caterer.

It may happen once in a blue moon, but it certainly is not the norm.

I'm not sure who Capthuff works for, but the owners must be very understanding! I don't think I would ever tell the owners or passengers to wait while I go get some food. I'm flying freight right now so I know how to bring snacks and food to get me through the day. No one sets up food for us and I don't even tell the freight to wait on me! haha. But really, I'm with t-bone on this one 100%.You should get fired for doing something like that.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something here.

I believe no NetJet pilot will ever go 8 hours with no food because they will order you crew meals right?

How about XO-Jet? am I to believe that dispatch wont order you food even if you have a tight turn? I hope I'm wrong.

Again, read my previous post. there are really only three reasons why the pax would be there when you arrive anyway. Perhaps there are more???

Really though... how many of you have gone 8 hours or more with out food? It should never happen. The only time it happened to me (that I can remember) was because of a weather delay/pax delay that ended up causing us to be late dropping off one boss and in turn late to pick up the other boss. It just so happened that our flight phone was inop, so when I landed, we got food. And the boss was fine with it.
(yes, I do have very understanding bosses)

I guess I do work for a fractional though... two bosses one plane...

You guys probably think I'm crazy (I'm not) and that I think you are crazy (I dont)...

Fractional pilots are some of the hardest working pilots in the industry. The demands put on you by the company are high. I am very fortunate to be in my current position. But I was not always here. I have worked hard for a crappy 135 outfit - long days and short nights. But, even then, if I had back to back to back trips, you order crew food.

I like the model of XO-Jet and I wish them the best.

I like the clout of the NJ pilot group and what they are doing for the industry as a whole.

CS, Flex, Alpha, and Adventair (and the others) are all providing a needed service to current and future owners. That is good for all of us and the ones who follow us.

Latest resources

Back