• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't get an overnight at home all the time but it does happen. One tour I had three overnights at my home airport. I imagine it's just like any other company - live at one of the more popular destination cities and you'll be home more often in the middle of a tour.

live at one of the more popular destination cities and you'll be home more often in the middle of a tour.

That's certainly true here. If you live near VNY or MCC, you'll get home more often than those guys on the double rotation that live in Kalispel or Tulsa.

That's certainly true here. If you live near VNY or MCC, you'll get home more often than those guys on the double rotation that live in Kalispel or Tulsa.

So for those of us new to the fractional side of the business (namely me), what do they do with you if your on the road on the double schedule with no flying assignment? Company just puts you up in a Hotel I'm assuming until the next trip pops?

Company just puts you up in a Hotel I'm assuming until the next trip pops?

Yup! If you're lucky, you'll be the crew that just flew out to Kona today and has no flights to come home until Wednesday! Chances are though, if you're on the mainland, you won't be sitting long. Our planes don't sit much!

Being that I have never been to MCC, I dont see it as a busy destination. And since only 5% of your your flights are empty, I am even more confused.

Not bashing XOJet, just dont understand the 5% empty flights.

Yup! If you're lucky, you'll be the crew that just flew out to Kona today and has no flights to come home until Wednesday! Chances are though, if you're on the mainland, you won't be sitting long. Our planes don't sit much!

How many hours you gonna log this year t-bone?

Nothing comes for free buddy boy! You got to work for it. Trying to work less to get paid more just puts companies in the drink! Thats what would really suck! :rolleyes:

so where is the limit... you can work 24/7 and help "your" company, or you can balance it out. It tends to be that most 135 companies don't do a good job at this, despite making money. At some point, you have to put your life outside the company first. Look at the money involved in charter, and ask yourself how much of your life you should give to "your" company. It is good to be a team player, and anything looks better than unemployment, but there should be a bottom. If it is a fractional, there is money involved from owners, so your sweat benefits them. It its charter, then its the company you are helping. You are correct in saying that there are limits. It is what the market can handle.

Nothing comes for free buddy boy! You got to work for it. Trying to work less to get paid more just puts companies in the drink! Thats what would really suck! :rolleyes:
You need to stop riding your boss' white whale. Why don't you run and tell your boss you'll work 29-on, 1-off, and you'll take a 25% pay cut to boot? Don't want that company to go in the drink, now do you? :rolleyes: And what does your statement have to do with the FACT that working more and being home less SUCKS?

Don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer.

Last edited:
Just curious IMACDOG, how often do YOU get home in the middle of a 7/7 tour?
Most tours I spend at least one night in my own bed, sometimes several. I am VERY happy with my QOL at NJA. I have at least double the time at home that I did at my former airline.

Ultra-where do you live? and is this common?

T-Bone-How military reserve friendly is XOJet? For military leave both short (like UTAs) and long (like initial/recur training...3-4 months)? someone high up in your company is coming to talk to us at Dadelians this month I think... I'm excited to hear what he has to say.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back