• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No plans to go to 7/7. We've been on 9/7 for the past year+, so moving to 8/6 is a new change. And the 8/6 doesn't start until Jan 1.

The disadvantage of a 7/7 is that there is no overlap day where all the pilots are on the schedule either transitioning home or to work. We are still a relatively small pilot group, so we need the flexibility of those overlap days. Currently, we have all been transition on the same day. As of Jan 1, we're going with Tuesday or Thursday starts...providing scheduling with more options on how to crew the trips on those transition days.

My hope is that we'll continue to increase the type of scheduling options, but only time will tell.

TB

On a side note, our mechanics have 14-hour duty limits too..

rumor going around that you guys are opening a mx hangar at BDL--any truth to that one?

I haven't heard anything about BDL (Bradley, CT?). I find that unlikely though, since we are in the process of moving into MBNA's old hanger in ILG, which is enormous.

XO Jet

Are they currently interviewing? I seem to be having trouble with the "Apply for this position" link on the website. Is there a chance without an internal recommendation?

Thanks for your time

Must have been overloaded with resumes again. Is it still posted on climbto350? My buddy said they were getting 250 applications a day after they posted it.

No plans to go to 7/7. We've been on 9/7 for the past year+, so moving to 8/6 is a new change. And the 8/6 doesn't start until Jan 1.

The disadvantage of a 7/7 is that there is no overlap day where all the pilots are on the schedule either transitioning home or to work. We are still a relatively small pilot group, so we need the flexibility of those overlap days. Currently, we have all been transition on the same day. As of Jan 1, we're going with Tuesday or Thursday starts...providing scheduling with more options on how to crew the trips on those transition days.

My hope is that we'll continue to increase the type of scheduling options, but only time will tell.
Another bend over and take this. 2 years and the pilot group will be screaming foul. Sorry for the negative post but that schedule sucks!

Another bend over and take this. 2 years and the pilot group will be screaming foul. Sorry for the negative post but that schedule sucks!

Geez! Did Santa not bring you what you wanted? Thanks for participating in an otherwise constructive conversation.

FWIW, schedule preferences are ENTIRELY relative. Our schedule may suck for you, and you're entitled to your opinion. I can only imagine what you must think about our pilots who actually request the extended schedule! You'd probably recommend that we commit them to an asylum! But you know what, it works for them. And as long as they're happy with it, why do you care?

Hammer just likes to be negative, he works for Flexjet. Not that my company is any better but I'm trying to make a change! Good to see your constructive criticism again Hammer.

Why does it suck?

Latest resources

Back