• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How am I supposed to explain that being at work more sucks? I guess if you like working more than spending time with your friends and family, then have at it. What's the difference at the end of a year, about 26 extra days at work? :confused:

How am I supposed to explain that being at work more sucks? I guess if you like working more than spending time with your friends and family, then have at it. What's the difference at the end of a year, about 26 extra days at work? :confused:

I'm with you guys. Schedule and family time is key to my quality of life. 7/7 is better and it is obvious. I only wish I had a 7/7 or some resemblance of a schedule.

Because one more day at work and one less day at home sucks. That's why. Is it that hard to figure out? 7/7 sucks compared to 6/8. As soon as you find a frac with that sked, let me know. :rolleyes:

Nothing comes for free buddy boy! You got to work for it. Trying to work less to get paid more just puts companies in the drink! Thats what would really suck! :rolleyes:

I'm with you guys. Schedule and family time is key to my quality of life. 7/7 is better and it is obvious. I only wish I had a 7/7 or some resemblance of a schedule.

I wonder how fast you'd agree if you were on the street with no job???? I bet 8/6 would suit you just fine???

Last edited:

You'd be a lot happier if you concentrated on the great things in our business instead of things that suck! You'd be a lot happier at home too!

Another bend over and take this. 2 years and the pilot group will be screaming foul. Sorry for the negative post but that schedule sucks!

Notice he didnt say anything about 7/7.
so sure, to him 8/6 is worse then 7/7. I think most of us would agree. But, I would be willing to bet, most pilots that are not working for a sched 121 have a schedule that is worse than 8/6 - certainly anyone working in the charter industry.

That doesnt excuse him from making a stupid statement though. 8/6 is a whole lot better then a lot of jobs out there.

I'm just happy there is another player in the industry that is growing. It helps us all.
(except for the NJ pilots that think they are the ones making life better for all of us)

Now, before you start thinking I dont like NJ, I do. They have a great group of pilots and they worked together with their union to get a better work environment. And the trickle down effect also helps us all. But NJ is not for everybody and there are other great places to work.

I know because I work at one.
(of course no job lasts forever and if mine goes away I'll be sending a PM to T-Bone)

Here's to a great 2008!!!

You'd be a lot happier if you concentrated on the great things in our business instead of things that suck! You'd be a lot happier at home too!

A little defensive today are we? Im quite happy at home (which I spend nearly a month more per year at than you) and am not trying to put down whatever employer you work for. If you are happy with your conditions then great.

A little defensive today are we? Im quite happy at home (which I spend nearly a month more per year at than you) and am not trying to put down whatever employer you work for. If you are happy with your conditions then great.

Whose defensive now? Happy? I doubt it.

Come to think of it, I'm very miserable. You do have me figured out pretty well, Whale! :)

Wow! I missed a lot of action today!

For what it's worth, just because we are scheduled to work more days on our current 9/7 schedule or soon to be 8/6 schedule, that doesn't mean that we are GONE FROM HOME more. I live near our MCC base, so I get home all the time. Truth be told, I haven't been gone 9 days straight thru since June. I am about to lose my Marriot Platinum status as a result of not enough nights, and I couldn't be happier! It means that I've been home!

Just curious IMACDOG, how often do YOU get home in the middle of a 7/7 tour?

Another interesting fact about XOJet...today was our crew transition day, and we had several airplanes go thru Las Vegas, which is where those swaps were made. All the crews coming on rotation that are MCC based got to ride down on one of our King Air 350s, and those coming home to MCC are on their way home on that same King Air right now. That doesn't always happen, but when it does, it beats the heck out of airlining to/from the airplane!

Latest resources

Back