XJT Pilots Authorize Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well

SO IS THIS WHAT ALL OF THE RECENT INTERNET HIGHERING IS ABOUT FOR THIS COMPANY? THEY SAY 600TT 100Multi, WOULD YOU WORK FOR 20K A YEAR?

IF SO I WILL STAY IN LANDSCAPING RUNNING MY OWN COMPANY.

KATL8R26L said:
SO IS THIS WHAT ALL OF THE RECENT INTERNET HIGHERING IS ABOUT FOR THIS COMPANY? THEY SAY 600TT 100Multi, WOULD YOU WORK FOR 20K A YEAR?

IF SO I WILL STAY IN LANDSCAPING RUNNING MY OWN COMPANY.
Have they actually hired anybody with 600/100? How did they do in training?

nonstop said:
"I'd be happier bidding myself out of a job, hoping others would follow the pattern, rather than underbidding CHQ and the likes.
I wish they could take all you idiots who feel this way and place you at the same airline. That way you could all bid yourselves out of a job and leave the rest of us level headed folks alone. Go fuuck yourselves.

PMJI but from these comments you have convinced me of two things: 1) Your are divided against each other. 2) On that basis your strike vote is meaningless.

I wish you luck.

DirkkDiggler said:
I wish they could take all you idiots who feel this way and place you at the same airline. That way you could all bid yourselves out of a job and leave the rest of us level headed folks alone. Go fuuck yourselves.
Wow, sounds like a Frank Lorenzo in the making. Professional airline pilots whom qualify for food stamps and being outraged about that makes us not level headed. Yes, what would we do without rational level headed people like you to tell us to "Go fuuck yourselves." Thank god you're here to spread sanity. :/

Do yourself a favor and stop talking until you've got a few years under your belt, kid. You've got a lot to learn.

surplus1 said:
PMJI but from these comments you have convinced me of two things: 1) Your are divided against each other. 2) On that basis your strike vote is meaningless.

I wish you luck.
Thanks we'll need it. We all need it in this industry.

surplus1 said:

I wish you luck.
DD,

We are no more divided than any other pilot group. Our strike vote results do prove that if the NMB would release us, we would have no problem shutting this place down. The difference between myself and nonstop is that I don't think we will be able to strike anytime soon and in light of that, I want the contract done now. He thinks it is worth waiting for that day, whether it comes or not, so that he can shut this place down. I respect his opinion as an XJT pilot and wish him luck in his quest to shut this place down, despite the fact that I disagree with his viewpoints at this point in time. Rest assured, if the NMB would release us tomorrow, a) we would have far more leverage than we do now and b) I'd walk that picket line day in and day out, until the deal was signed.

Sam

nonstop said:
Do yourself a favor and stop talking until you've got a few years under your belt, kid. You've got a lot to learn.
What makes you think I don't already have more years under my belt than you? I guess the longer you're in this business the more pissed off you become and you think that because I'm not like you that I must be a newbie? I'm just not an ignorant @ss is all. The only reason we're paid such low wages is because there are more pilots than jobs. You've got to be an idiot to think a company is going to give you more money when that is the case. Did you ever get any higher education? You may have learned a bit about economics. Perhaps you didn't get past high school and that is why you're stuck at a regional and pissed off at the world. And for the guy who poopooed the idea that XJT will not be guaranteed to be the only Continental connection carrier in the next few years, go on strike and hope for the best. It's all supply and demand and if you can't supply it at competitive rates then I can assure you that 10 other companies will be happy to underbid you. You've got to take a look at the current economy as well as your competition. Just because there's no competition today doesn't mean there won't be tomorrow. Just look at what United has done to diversify its regional carriers. You guys can all do what you want. I don't work there. Just prove me right so I can have you serve my burger at McD's. I hope you don't prove me right and you all still have jobs at the end of the day but you radical folks out there deserve to be smacked back into reality.

Sam Fisher said:
We are no more divided than any other pilot group. Our strike vote results do prove that if the NMB would release us, we would have no problem shutting this place down. The difference between myself and nonstop is that I don't think we will be able to strike anytime soon and in light of that, I want the contract done now. He thinks it is worth waiting for that day, whether it comes or not, so that he can shut this place down. I respect his opinion as an XJT pilot and wish him luck in his quest to shut this place down, despite the fact that I disagree with his viewpoints at this point in time. Rest assured, if the NMB would release us tomorrow, a) we would have far more leverage than we do now and b) I'd walk that picket line day in and day out, until the deal was signed.

Sam
If you are saying that you would accept an unsatisfactory agreement now, merely because you are too impatient and unwilling to wait-out the negotiating process, your thinking is beyond my comprehension.

Negotiations are normally a long an tedious process, and especially at difficult times like these. The NMB deliberately uses the "delay tactic" in an effort to force acceptance of inferior agreements. So does the Company. And so, by the way, does ALPA National. You appear to be letting them take advantage of your impatience.

When the needs of the pilot group (as opposed to the wants) have not been met and you are considering the possibility of self-help and taking "strike votes", it is not logical to say that you will strike if you can do it now but you will take a bad agreement if you have to wait. Pardon me, but that doesn't make sense.

You should never point a loaded gun (strike vote) at the Company's head unless the group is fully prepared to pull the trigger. Without complete unity of purpose, which I don't find in this thread, pulling the trigger is suicide.

Unity doesn't mean that every pilot must agree on every line in the contract. However, it does mean that the group must agree on what your "needs" really are. If you do in fact agree on the "needs", it follows you will also be willing to wait however long it takes until they are achieved AND to walk away if they are not.

IMHO, something as drastic as a strike is never warranted to satisfy your wants but is sometimes necessary to obtain your needs. If the difference between wants and needs is not clear to the group the success of a strike is unlikely.

JMO. Again, I wish you all the very best.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back