XJT Pilots Authorize Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100/hour/5y said:
Hearing $69 for 5 year plus year end bonus based on X% (x) your final W2 earnings... Telling us we will have the best W2... Pay rates not as high but with bonus total will be industry leading. Company gets tax break on bonus plus they don’t want our pay rates on paper to be real high so they can get more business…

Ya… right… Send me this POS so I can vote it down
Go ahead. Vote it down. If you think you are ever going to get $100/hour, you are on crack. You will never be happy and you will just keep voting down possibly very fair and equitable deals. Thank God we have more level-headed pilots at XJT than we do vocal minorities. But please, print your "no vote" for all the world to see.

ATRCA said:
Yup, I'm one of those guys. Dont even need to see the first one, its a no vote already. I'll start my subscription to the Times now thank you.
BG, I guess you fall into the above category also. We don't even know what the TA is and you already have made your mind up.

Air Biscuit said:
Maybe not, but when the doors on this place are about to close they will. How about that?
When are the doors going to close? How long can our FO's wait for that? You must be one of those guys who upgraded in a year and has never been a 4th-5th year FO. Probably didn't sit reserve too long on our currently horrible reserve rules.

Man, I am really encouraged by these 3 XJT pilots. I hope the other 2496 pilots here keep a more open mind than these guys. I'm sorry if I'm coming off abrasive but the chest-thumping I'm seeing here scares me and my family.

Sam

didn't all of you vote yes for $17,500 a year (or less) to start.

Um, good luck, I guess.

Sam Fisher said:
Go ahead. Vote it down. If you think you are ever going to get $100/hour, you are on crack. You will never be happy and you will just keep voting down possibly very fair and equitable deals. Thank God we have more level-headed pilots at XJT than we do vocal minorities. But please, print your "no vote" for all the world to see.

BG, I guess you fall into the above category also. We don't even know what the TA is and you already have made your mind up.

When are the doors going to close? How long can our FO's wait for that? You must be one of those guys who upgraded in a year and has never been a 4th-5th year FO. Probably didn't sit reserve too long on our currently horrible reserve rules.

Man, I am really encouraged by these 3 XJT pilots. I hope the other 2496 pilots here keep a more open mind than these guys. I'm sorry if I'm coming off abrasive but the chest-thumping I'm seeing here scares me and my family.

Sam
Sam do you actually fly the line? If you do, do you actually converse with your fellow pilots? Apparently you do not, I'd be suprised if you even hold a non-management position at XJT based on your disbelief at these replies.

Heres the scoop from the vast majority based on my observance flying the line. The XJT pilots are pissed. Can I emphasize that word more? I mean, these guys are seriously pissed. I'd say at least 75% are working on setting up new careers which they love to chit chat about, just to get out of this scam of a profession.

I don't need to break the story down to you, bottom line is we're making money hand over fist! We'll continue to even if we're paid more than the other regionals for many reasons, even if the CAL CPA runs dry. We're not buying into this underbidding line of bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**. You don't need to rationalize it for us, we understand the easy decision would be to take our measly pennies and run. There's no profound statement coming from you that everyone else doesn't already comprehended.

The difference is an overall philosophy on the profession and long term vs. short term thinking. You seemed grounded in the short term, while fortunately the majority at XJT are really FINALLY thinking long term at the "regional" level. Good luck with your push to compete with MESA, though I think you're really not grasping the big picture (even though by your arrogance you seem to think you know better than everyone else).

Sam Fisher said:

Sam
Mr. Fisher if you are a 4th or 5th year f.o. I deeply sympathize with you. I don't know how some of these guys survive. Do you happen to realize that your strike benefits and a part time job at Mcdonald's will put you at more than what you're making now, and with a much better quality of life. If I were an f.o. I would be voting no on just about anything that didn't promise me the moon. What do you have to lose. You seem to be very short sighted with a take whatever you can get now mentality. My family is afraid of people like you who are helping to bring down this whole industry.

Last edited:
cynic said:
didn't all of you vote yes for $17,500 a year (or less) to start.

Um, good luck, I guess.

When it was voted on 6 years ago wasn't that industry leading? I guess you already knew that though.

The majority of the ExpressJet pilots just want something to vote on. How that vote goes is anyones guess. The reality is that it is very easy to be tough on this forum and in the crew room. But when your at home with your spouse the real world kicks in.

Some FO are trying to feed their families with food stamps, some CA are so in debt they will take raise or retro check just to survive, other CA are about to leave for CAL over the next year and will need the retro check to survive the pay cut when they go. Other pilots see the reality of the industry. Yes this company can afford to pay 85/hr, but we have no threat(strike) to force the company hand.

This pilot group has complained for the last three years, but at the end of the day only 87% of this pilot group voted on the strike ballot. You do the math on how many pilots did not even care enough to vote on the most important vote we have had at ExpressJet in the last 7 years.

We do not have a pilot group that is ready to change the industry. We only have a pilot group that wants to talk about it.

MECH said:
The majority of the ExpressJet pilots just want something to vote on. How that vote goes is anyones guess. The reality is that it is very easy to be tough on this forum and in the crew room. But when your at home with your spouse the real world kicks in.

Some FO are trying to feed their families with food stamps, some CA are so in debt they will take raise or retro check just to survive, other CA are about to leave for CAL over the next year and will need the retro check to survive the pay cut when they go. Other pilots see the reality of the industry. Yes this company can afford to pay 85/hr, but we have no threat(strike) to force the company hand.

This pilot group has complained for the last three years, but at the end of the day only 87% of this pilot group voted on the strike ballot. You do the math on how many pilots did not even care enough to vote on the most important vote we have had at ExpressJet in the last 7 years.

We do not have a pilot group that is ready to change the industry. We only have a pilot group that wants to talk about it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sam

Air Biscuit said:
Mr. Fisher if you are a 4th or 5th year f.o. I deeply sympathize with you. I don't know how some of these guys survive. Do you happen to realize that your strike benefits and a part time job at Mcdonald's will put you at more than what you're making now, and with a much better quality of life. If I were an f.o. I would be voting no on just about anything that didn't promise me the moon. What do you have to lose. You seem to be very short sighted with a take whatever you can get now mentality. My family is afraid of people like you who are helping to bring down this whole industry.
It doesn't matter if I am a 5th year FO or was one or was never one. We DO have these guys who should have been captains the past few years but weren't, and respectfully honored and understood the FTA. That's life. Strike benefits plus a part time job at McD's probably won't be more than even our paltry $32.41/hour for a 5 year guy, when you factor in all of the benefits, etc. But, I know it won't be more than whatever deal comes down the pipe here, if ever.

Many have a misconception about strike benefits. For starters, you actually have to work a certain amount of hours supporting the strike and secondly, it is pre-tax and doesn't contain medical insurance.

I am not going to bring down this industry. Why? Because I've recognized that continually voting "no" in hopes of achieving $100/hour for a Captain is the wrong and flawed mind-set and strategy, given our relative leverage and bargaining strength at the moment. Go read MECH up above.

I FULLY SUPPORT A STRIKE if we were able to secure a cooling-off period. Show me where to line up! But until then, I think we must work within hand we were dealt.

Sam

nonstop said:
Sam do you actually fly the line? If you do, do you actually converse with your fellow pilots? Apparently you do not, I'd be suprised if you even hold a non-management position at XJT based on your disbelief at these replies.

Heres the scoop from the vast majority based on my observance flying the line. The XJT pilots are pissed. Can I emphasize that word more? I mean, these guys are seriously pissed. I'd say at least 75% are working on setting up new careers which they love to chit chat about, just to get out of this scam of a profession.

I don't need to break the story down to you, bottom line is we're making money hand over fist! We'll continue to even if we're paid more than the other regionals for many reasons, even if the CAL CPA runs dry. We're not buying into this underbidding line of bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**. You don't need to rationalize it for us, we understand the easy decision would be to take our measly pennies and run. There's no profound statement coming from you that everyone else doesn't already comprehended.

The difference is an overall philosophy on the profession and long term vs. short term thinking. You seemed grounded in the short term, while fortunately the majority at XJT are really FINALLY thinking long term at the "regional" level. Good luck with your push to compete with MESA, though I think you're really not grasping the big picture (even though by your arrogance you seem to think you know better than everyone else).
Yes R.M., I do fly the line. We might have even flown together before. If you think CAL is going to pay us our costs plus 14%, you are also on crack. If you think XJT is going to accept a compensation section that will make us wildly uncompetitive so that in 2007 CAL will just use others, you are also on crack. If you don't think that there is a bunch of RJ capacity ready to move in on your soil, you are once again, on crack. This point is enhanced even more if one of the network carriers goes Ch. 7.

Sam

Latest resources

Back