XJT Pilots Authorize Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cynic said:
Umm, didn't every one of you sign up for a job that paid 17,500 a year or less?
I suppose there is unity within the group. You all were willing to work for nothing. Good luck... I guess....

Again, when most of us signed on here the COEX payrate was near industry leading. You seem determined to compare our 2 year old payscales with an underdetermined standard. Plus most of us here were hired to fly turboprops which we no longer have on property. Contract '97 was constructed for a company that flew 3 different turboprops and had 25 jets on order. Now we have about 250 jets and no props. We're a new company negotiating an appropriate contract as we speak or did you forget that? So stop your "your 6 year old payscales are substandard" junk.

Nova just nailed it.

Our payscales are almost SEVEN years old, and it's a TURBOPROP contract.

BUT... Barely minus the payrates... It's STILL better than most of the low life bottom feeding scumsucking contracts that have been signed in the last two years. Comair and Air Whisky are about the only two exceptions. I'll take our seven year old work rules over 90% of your NEW bottom feeding work rules any day of the week.

I apologize... It's not going to be by much, but we WILL raise the bar. We know the risks involved, but so be it!

I'm not even sure I can look some of you guys in the eye anymore, I'm so ashamed of this thread. We're at the 5 yard line, and you guys sound like you're ready to punt to the other team instead of going for the TD. I know, corny sports analogies. The best I could come up with this early.

If you think that we will keep our exclusivity with CAL after January 1, 2007, then some of you guys really are on your favorite (insert your favorite recreational narcotic here). Comair + 1% MINIMUM in HARD payrates or this is a NO VOTE from me. We could sign a Mesa or Skywest deal, and we'd still lose our flying with CAL to other carriers. Will we lose all of it? No, but we will lose some of it no matter what kind of contract we sign. Don't even begin to fall for the trap that management is putting out, that they will be able to only make a deal to keep our flying with CAL if we sign off on payrates that are BELOW COMAIR.
There is no deal to be made with CAL. The day that we went from being Continental Express to ExpressJet Holdings, CAL publicly stated their intentions in the future of diversifying their portfolio of Small Jet providers. So, let's wait and see what our NC sends us to vote on. The Dispatchers already sent their first TA back to the company to work on, and approved their second TA. We voted down our first TA in C'97 and approved the second. Read the TA carefully, decide based on the facts contained in the TA, and not on fear of losing flying in the furture, because that flying is already lost. If the contract is what you honestly think we deserve, then vote yes. If not, send it back to the NC for further negotiation. Remember, these guys are professionals, and won't be insulted just because we didn't ratify the first TA.

Saluki Dawg said:
If not, send it back to the NC for further negotiation.
I don't condone voting either way on the first TA. What I do condone is reading it side by side with OUR Contract '97 and making your voting decision based on that comparison.

I agree with Saluki but just be prepared for what you may "lose" between TA1 and TA2 if it comes to that as well.

I can think of more than a few things that the company would go after if we open this puppy back for a second TA -- RSV days off, vacation, retro, leg by leg overs, hard vs soft DPM, and uniform allowance just to name a few.

Be rational and look at the WHOLE package before you decide. If you have a family, include them in the decision making process as well.

It may not (or it may) be what you were hoping for but you really have to look and see if you will be better off with what comes in TA1 (compared to C'97 NOT with where you think we DESERVE to be) or if rolling the dice on TA2 is worth gambling those gains.

Reality check:

1. ExJet makes more money than Southwest during the worst time in the history of the airline industry.

2. DOUBLING the pay rates of all three crewmembers would cost our passengers less than $2 per flight.

3. Today's best paid pilots make less than half what their counterparts of 30 years ago did (in adjusted dollars).

4. Oil was almost double its current price twice before ('73 & '81, adjusted for inflation).

5. We are primarily responsible for the lives of up to 300 people per duty period.

6. It's nearly impossible to find a job that 'requires' our level of education and pays less than ours does. (This fact ignores the required flight training, medical and background screening, practical testing, and the aforementioned level of responsibility)

Don't let emotion or propaganda cloud facts. Vote based on facts.

Reality Check:

You all took jobs (regardless of what 'industry standards are or were') at or below poverty wages.

The company knows what pilots will work for and they won't pay more than that. This is thanks to all you guys currently working there, and thanks to all you guys currently applying and taking the jobs.

Good luck though. You'll need it. And think, if you get a 10% raise your pilots will start at $19,250.00 a year. Woweee!

Of course there is NO relationship between quality of personnel and pay, so I suppose it doesn't matter, right??

Cynic, go bother someone else. This contract is not only big for X-Jet, it is huge for the entire industry. It will directly effect contract talks at ASA, and will make an impact on Eagle pay. It will also strengthen the position of Comair pilots. You can either show your support, or get out.

cynic,

Congratulations. I've looked on this board from time to time over many years under a few different names, but you are the first person to make my ignore list! Never even really thought about the thing until I read yet another of your post calling out the same stupid BULLSH!T.

You have never flown for an airline, so you have no room to judge the life or actions of any airline pilot regardless of what company they fly for. Probationary year at any airline sucks my friend, that is reality pretty much anywhere in this profession. Don't believe me, go check America West first year pay sometime. Since you have never worked for an airline I won't expect you to understand, so in the meantime don't comment about what you don't know. Don't waste all the valuable time you obviously have replying cause I won't be reading
your garbage anymore!

Saluki Dawg said:
I'm not even sure I can look some of you guys in the eye anymore, I'm so ashamed of this thread. We're at the 5 yard line, and you guys sound like you're ready to punt to the other team instead of going for the TD. I know, corny sports analogies. The best I could come up with this early.

If you think that we will keep our exclusivity with CAL after January 1, 2007, then some of you guys really are on your favorite (insert your favorite recreational narcotic here). Comair + 1% MINIMUM in HARD payrates or this is a NO VOTE from me. We could sign a Mesa or Skywest deal, and we'd still lose our flying with CAL to other carriers. Will we lose all of it? No, but we will lose some of it no matter what kind of contract we sign. Don't even begin to fall for the trap that management is putting out, that they will be able to only make a deal to keep our flying with CAL if we sign off on payrates that are BELOW COMAIR.
There is no deal to be made with CAL. The day that we went from being Continental Express to ExpressJet Holdings, CAL publicly stated their intentions in the future of diversifying their portfolio of Small Jet providers. So, let's wait and see what our NC sends us to vote on. The Dispatchers already sent their first TA back to the company to work on, and approved their second TA. We voted down our first TA in C'97 and approved the second. Read the TA carefully, decide based on the facts contained in the TA, and not on fear of losing flying in the furture, because that flying is already lost. If the contract is what you honestly think we deserve, then vote yes. If not, send it back to the NC for further negotiation. Remember, these guys are professionals, and won't be insulted just because we didn't ratify the first TA.
Looks like a "no vote" from JS since it has already been publicly stated that we will be below Comair in hard rates but at or above them in W-2 compensation, when one factors in profit sharing, hard DPM's, retirement, leg by leg pay, etc. If you do your research, you will find that the second TA for the dispatchers wasn't much better than the first. They basically moved the money around.

Sam

Latest resources

Back