XJT Pilots Authorize Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rekks Inbound said:
Don't know if W. considers any of the regionals 'Airlines' in the same sense of the word as the majors. Not that we are any different (except for the pay!).

RI
The problem is even if W. doesn't consider us to be the same as a major, the ramifications of XJT going on strike would hurt Continental's business, so that in turn could be looked at as a disruption on a national transportation service...not to mention the fact that our headquarters and largest base is located at an airport named after Bush senior!

Wheather or not W. would let us strike, I don't know....maybe after the election...maybe....it will definitely be interesting to see!

Skychief

Sam Fisher said:
Yes R.M., I do fly the line. We might have even flown together before. If you think CAL is going to pay us our costs plus 14%, you are also on crack. If you think XJT is going to accept a compensation section that will make us wildly uncompetitive so that in 2007 CAL will just use others, you are also on crack. If you don't think that there is a bunch of RJ capacity ready to move in on your soil, you are once again, on crack. This point is enhanced even more if one of the network carriers goes Ch. 7.

Sam
"You're on crack," seriously, how about finding a new insult if you insist on using them... that's more played out than "bling bling."

Look, I understand and comprehend where you're coming from. I think that's the part you fail to grasp, you're no revelation of information. Anyone that flies the line should understand the dynamics of our dilemma by now.

The difference is, which way you lean, and which way I lean. I'd be happier bidding myself out of a job, hoping others would follow the pattern, rather than underbidding CHQ and the likes. But I believe XJT can afford to pay us considerably more than our competitors and still be competitive based on the quality and efficiency of our operation. Ream's pay certainly isn't in line with our so called "peers" in the industry.

I hope you guys show managment how easy it is for them to run an airline without any pilots! I'll be supporting you guys 110%. Good luck!

nonstop said:
"You're on crack," seriously, how about finding a new insult if you insist on using them... that's more played out than "bling bling."

Look, I understand and comprehend where you're coming from. I think that's the part you fail to grasp, you're no revelation of information. Anyone that flies the line should understand the dynamics of our dilemma by now.

The difference is, which way you lean, and which way I lean. I'd be happier bidding myself out of a job, hoping others would follow the pattern, rather than underbidding CHQ and the likes. But I believe XJT can afford to pay us considerably more than our competitors and still be competitive based on the quality and efficiency of our operation. Ream's pay certainly isn't in line with our so called "peers" in the industry.
I didn't say you were on crack RM. I said "if you believe..., then you are on crack." Big difference. :D

But America is a wonderful place. We are all entitled to our opinions and I support that 100%. Good luck with yours.

Sam

PS - Based on your financial and operational analysis of how efficient we are and the superior quality of our operation, how much more should management pay us? And please provide your empirical data and evidence. Thanks!

Sam Fisher said:
I didn't say you were on crack RM. I said "if you believe..., then you are on crack." Big difference. :D

But America is a wonderful place. We are all entitled to our opinions and I support that 100%. Good luck with yours.

Sam

PS - Based on your financial and operational analysis of how efficient we are and the superior quality of our operation, how much more should management pay us? And please provide your empirical data and evidence. Thanks!
I do my best to not negotiate in public (unless it's verbal and only non-management pilots are in ear shot). Though I've made some statements to clarify my position as best I can I refuse to throw specific numbers out in the public for all to debate. I believe we're undercompensated and would think we sold ourselves short if we accepted something comparable to Comair. That's as far as I'll go. Anyway, I think we've both adequately expressed our position. Take it easy.

Latest resources

Back