XJT Pilots Authorize Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flap operator said:
But we're NOT a 50 seat jet airline. We don't have any and probably won't ever have any.

You don't think that future operators of the 190 won't look to the Jetblue contract as a benchmark even though Jetblue has yet to take delivery of their first jet? Whether or not you have any 50 seat jets on property has little bearing on the implications of your negotiated rates. You don't think if Pinnacle gets a bit too expense for mainline that they won't turn around and start sending those jets towards Mesaba since you've already negotiated a lower pay rate? We've already seen it with the 70 seat jets among competing feeders.

What will your excuse be when the first 50 seat jet is delivered whether it be 1 year from now or 5 years?

flap operator said:
I certainly hope tha you realize Coex is very different than Mesaba, who is very different than Chautauqua who is very different than Mesa. While the NMB may not think so, it IS A FACT.
What it all boils down to though, is since the NMB lumps us all into the same catagory, we ARE all in the same catagory as far as pay goes.

I tried to make it clear in my last post that I am not trying to bash Messaba here, as I realize you guys are a smaller, more of a turboprop airline. It really does not matter now. Mesa and sh*taco did most of the damage. They ARE pretty much in the same catagory as we are. As we are so reminded by the NMB.

The "contract blues" you refer to are induced by the FACT that we have a next to impossible task now due to the precedent set before us.

My hat's off to you Messaba guys. At least you took it to the last second and actualy tried. You just diddn't roll over and lube yourselves up for management like the other two bottom feeders I mentioned. They screwed the rest of the industry just as much as they screwed themselves.

Flap Operator speaks wisely and from experience. I applaud him for sacking up and telling it the way it unfortunately is.

Sam

cynic said:
Umm, didn't every one of you sign up for a job that paid 17,500 a year or less?
I suppose there is unity within the group. You all were willing to work for nothing. Good luck... I guess....
Get back in your cessna and fuuck off.

You teach people how to treat you

You guys need to watch Dr. Phil. MAybe subscribe to O magazine?

You teach people how to treat you. What did you teach the company when you accepted $17,500 a year?

Like I said, good luck, you'll need it. And actually, I own Diamond Star, not a Cessna. And yes, I'll go climb in that. And thanks again for keeping those wages so low!

http://www.webpronews.com/ebusiness/smallbusiness/wpn-2-20020710YouTeachPeopleHowToTreatYou.html

"So often we hear people ask the question, "Why does he/she/they treat me/us so badly?". The honest answer, in most cases, is "Because you let him, her or they!""

cynic, if you are so against XJT and it's newhire pay, then why did you interview here?

cynic quoted: "I'd love to fly a big jet for big money (at least 75K a year) but is that dream going down in flames with the proliferation of regional airlines?

I have no interest in being a career pilot with regional airline QOL and pay. But I'd do it in the short term for a long term gain; but then that might make me part of the problem (taking the job) as opposed to part of the solution"

Hmm.

Another cynic quote: "Perhaps I need therapy!"

Perhaps. You have anger issues.

Ummm, I have no wits about me, and yet I turned down the 17,500 a year job.

Still no intelligent response to these facts

1) You all took low paying jobs. Not just low, but poverty wage jobs.

2) You are responsible for showing that pilots will work for nothing.

3) As a result, you have trained mgmt. that there is no need to pay even a livable wage.

So explain how I'm wrong and pilots at XJET have no culpability here?

And yes I'm disappointed and angry because people LIKE YOU are responsible for the low wages. If you took the job it is your fault. My only consolation is that you will get what you trained mgmt you deserve.

And what’s wrong with a diamond star anyway? Glass panel, good gas mileage, snappy controls…

Latest resources

Back