• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT ALPA EMAIL RE: Independence Furloughed Pilot Preferential Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well say good bye to any hope of getting on with xjt this year if you are applying...call me a negative guy but I think all the guys and gals who don't have the "front of the line" card will be sucking pond water...

I wonder if J.B. Hunt is hiring....oh well f/k it!!!! who needs dreams...

rumorhasit said:
Well say good bye to any hope of getting on with xjt this year if you are applying...call me a negative guy but I think all the guys and gals who don't have the "front of the line" card will be sucking pond water...

I wouldn't say this is the situation by any stretch of the imagination. It is unclear at this time a) how many of the 500ish furloughed Indy pilots are interested and b) how many we will hire. Keep plugging and building experience (not just "time").

-Neal

PHP:
rumorhasit said:
Well say good bye to any hope of gettingon with xjt this year if you are applying...call me a negativeguy butIthink all the guys and gals who don't have the "front of theline"cardwill be sucking pond water...

One thing is certain. We don't want any quitters, or people who throw in the towel before they even try.

You think this is an easy business? You think you're going to getinvited to fly A380's at FedEx and work 12 days a month straight out offlight school? It's a difficult profession the whole way, ALL theway,and sometimes it stays difficult even after you make it to the"top" jobs. There is nothing new here. I flew a Beech 1900 for a yearbefore going to the E145. An entire year! Well, I have talked toContinental mainline 757/767 guys who flew props 99s/1900s/E120s for8-10 years before hiring picked up and they could apply for betterjobs. I know guys here who flight instructed for 4-5 years beforegetting on here inthe mid-90s (and having to pay for the privilege, aswas common just about everywhere back then). That's about 4000 dualgiven dude--just to get a job as a 1900 FO.

Right now you have to make a choice if this is what you want or not. Ifit is, then you have to do two things 1) Keep plugging awayflying/applying/flying/applying and 2) Realize you will NEVER beguaranteed anything in this business. If you do those two things youwill probably have a very happy and satisfying airline career.

Last edited:
BluDevAv8r said:
I wouldn't say this is the situation by any stretch of the imagination. It is unclear at this time a) how many of the 500ish furloughed Indy pilots are interested and b) how many we will hire. Keep plugging and building experience (not just "time").

-Neal

You know it has obviously become more competitive with the indy guys, but it's not a done deal. For one thing other very reputable regionals are hiring these guys (Air Wisconsin right there in Dulles and Skywest) and I think some are leaving the business all together. So there are some spots to be had. A lot of us are in similar situations, just keep pligging away and you never know.

BigShotXJTdrvr said:
PHP:

One thing is certain. We don't want any quitters, or people who throw in the towel before they even try.

You think this is an easy business? You think you're going to getinvited to fly A380's at FedEx and work 12 days a month straight out offlight school? It's a difficult profession the whole way, ALL theway,and sometimes it stays difficult even after you make it to the"top" jobs. There is nothing new here. I flew a Beech 1900 for a yearbefore going to the E145. An entire year! Well, I have talked toContinental mainline 757/767 guys who flew props 99s/1900s/E120s for8-10 years before hiring picked up and they could apply for betterjobs. I know guys here who flight instructed for 4-5 years beforegetting on here inthe mid-90s (and having to pay for the privilege, aswas common just about everywhere back then). That's about 4000 dualgiven dude--just to get a job as a 1900 FO.

Right now you have to make a choice if this is what you want or not. Ifit is, then you have to do two things 1) Keep plugging awayflying/applying/flying/applying and 2) Realize you will NEVER beguaranteed anything in this business. If you do those two things youwill probably have a very happy and satisfying airline career.

I totally understand that...I have already been furloughed (sortta-changed jobs against my will so i guess that qualifies) and I am not even in an airplane yet...Cost me a marriage (suffering from AIDS=Airline Induced Divorced Syndrome) and working in a job I am not really crazy about just to have an opprotunity...

Tell me this O'wise forum....Why are there Pilots who obviously hate their job give the company so much grief about...I don't know flying what they are scheduled when there are so many of us who would give their left nut to fly the routes? Refuse to take a flight because you have a scheduled (a legal day according to contract and faa regs)flight.... so you call in FAT because the sandwiches the outstation provide for you at 12 o'clock at night(there is nothing open at alot of these outstations at 12 am)is not good enough. All the while 30 plus pax are given to other airlines and flights are cancelled....why?

Just do everyone a favor...work somewhere else please so that the ones who care about what they are doing can...

I totally know I am opening a can of Flame Bait but some are struggling to get to where some of these guys are and the current guys just don't care...wtf?

....Why are there Pilots who obviously hate their job give the company so much grief about...I don't know flying what they are scheduled when there are so many of us who would give their left nut to fly the routes? Refuse to take a flight because you have a scheduled (a legal day according to contract and faa regs)flight.... so you call in FAT because the sandwiches the outstation provide for you at 12 o'clock at night(there is nothing open at alot of these outstations at 12 am)is not good enough. All the while 30 plus pax are given to other airlines and flights are cancelled....why?

Why?!?!?!?!? I'll tell you why. SAFETY. Listen you illiterate, ignorant, boob... I don't care how much you really want to work here, or how many of you guys are willing to "go the extra mile" for the company. We don't need people like you here. Many good people fought long and hard to get us the ability to call FAT (as you put it) without serious repercussions. How dare you come on here and whine about us looking out for our ALPA brethren and then start bashing people that have the guts to call fatigued? Stay away from XJet. I NEVER want to fly with you. (The Indy guys, on the other hand, get the first round of beers on me...). As for those 30 passengers, ask any of them if they would rather be a little inconvenienced or put at risk. What a stupid reason to push a flight. Hopefully your attitude is better than it looks on here...

HaHaHa........

sandwiches at outstations at 12am

They bring us warm cookies and milk too.

The only food I've EVER seen at a CAL hub late at night has been whatever leftovers they could rob off a 737.

Last edited:
Bad-Andy said:
Why?!?!?!?!? I'll tell you why. SAFETY. Listen you illiterate, ignorant, boob... I don't care how much you really want to work here, or how many of you guys are willing to "go the extra mile" for the company. We don't need people like you here. Many good people fought long and hard to get us the ability to call FAT (as you put it) without serious repercussions. How dare you come on here and whine about us looking out for our ALPA brethren and then start bashing people that have the guts to call fatigued? Stay away from XJet. I NEVER want to fly with you. (The Indy guys, on the other hand, get the first round of beers on me...). As for those 30 passengers, ask any of them if they would rather be a little inconvenienced or put at risk. What a stupid reason to push a flight. Hopefully your attitude is better than it looks on here...

First of all you hurt my feelings....
No seriously "a hole" the point I was trying to make is SOME of the pilots misuse the FAT call....If you even try to disagree...you SIR a full of sht....If you can honestly sit there on your FAT a$$ and tell me no one misuses the system then you need a serious drug test...

So a crew who started at 1800 with only one leg previously is really FAT....? Actually I was Referring to the attitude you are presenting by your response...Thank you so much for proving my point....:) :rolleyes:

I have no problem with FAT but only when it is clearly abused and cost the company money...if you disagree with that then Oh hell yea I hope I never fly with you...
And for the record there is no repercussions for calling in FAT from the company and I hope there never is...but responsible pilots who aren't spoiled little shtheads like yourself need to either quite being a pain in the A$$ and do the job or get the F/k out so someone who does the job can....
Sometimes you pre-madona's forget who pays the bills....I don't drink the "company's coolaid" but I sure as hell cash the checks every month...

AS FOR THE PERSONAL ATTACKS....I really don't care what YOU think about anything anyway...you have no bearing on my success or failure so GOOD DAY AND PI$$ UP A ROPE...

Last edited:
Bad-Andy said:
Why?!?!?!?!? I'll tell you why. SAFETY. Listen you illiterate, ignorant, boob... I don't care how much you really want to work here, or how many of you guys are willing to "go the extra mile" for the company. We don't need people like you here. Many good people fought long and hard to get us the ability to call FAT (as you put it) without serious repercussions. How dare you come on here and whine about us looking out for our ALPA brethren and then start bashing people that have the guts to call fatigued? Stay away from XJet. I NEVER want to fly with you. (The Indy guys, on the other hand, get the first round of beers on me...). As for those 30 passengers, ask any of them if they would rather be a little inconvenienced or put at risk. What a stupid reason to push a flight. Hopefully your attitude is better than it looks on here...[/QUOTE

GREAT ATTITUDE...

Last edited:
Dude you might want to take your application elsewhere, you're certainly not making any friends here.

For you to start insinuating that our pilots or any other airline's pilots abuse fatigue rules is just ignorant.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back