XJT ALPA EMAIL RE: Independence Furloughed Pilot Preferential Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BluDevAv8r

We put this item in our XJT Negotiating Committee Update this afternoon. I believe Indy ALPA is going to put something similiar out as well.

-Neal

Item 3: Independence Air Preferential Hiring

Recently, Independence Airlines (formerly Atlantic Coast Airlines) announced the furlough of over 500 pilots. That reaches back to pilots hired in June 2000. In light of this unfortunate news, XJT ALPA approached management about the possibility of a preferential hiring or interview process for the affected pilots. ExpressJet has agreed to a streamlined interview process and is excited about hiring as many of these pilots as possible. XJT ALPA appreciates management’s actions on this issue and special thanks go to VP of Flight Operations & Maintenance Jim Nides, Senior Director of Flight Operations George Semak and Senior Director of Flight Standards & Training Greg Wooley for agreeing to create this special interview process.

If any of our pilots have friends over at Independence who might be interested in this process (furloughed or soon-to-be furloughed), please show them the following Independence ALPA communication message pasted below:

“Attention ACO Pilots: Job Opportunity!

The ACO MEC has just found out that ExpressJet Airlines will be conducting on-site pilot interviews near Dulles Airport in early February (times will be announced shortly).
Please visit www.expressjet.com and go to “Job Opportunities” and then to the “Furloughed Pilots” link and carefully follow the instructions if you are interested.

ExpressJet management has requested a list of pilots that are interested in flight officer positions. In addition to visiting ExpressJet’s website above, please e-mail your name and contact information to our Independence Air Membership Chairman, Alistair Stanton at [email protected]. Class dates could be as early as late February 2005.

The ACO MEC would like to impress upon all applicants that if an offer is made by ExpressJet and accepted by a pilot, that every effort be made not to "No Show" the awarded class date. This type of unprofessional action would most likely ruin this excellent opportunity for future Independence pilots.

Please stay tuned to the ACO Membership website and hotlines for more information. If you have any questions, please contact Alistair Stanton at 703.625.8208 or via email [email protected].”

So....does this mean that "everyone else" applicants are put to the bottom of the potential "getting a phone interview" list? Geez...I was hoping to put in my application in Feb. and hopefully have a job by April, but this news doesn't look good for the guys who haven't been at an airline to be furloughed in the first place.

Yes, thats what that means. No offense, but its the right thing to do and our pilots support it completely.

citabriapilot said:
So....does this mean that "everyone else" applicants are put to the bottom of the potential "getting a phone interview" list? Geez...I was hoping to put in my application in Feb. and hopefully have a job by April, but this news doesn't look good for the guys who haven't been at an airline to be furloughed in the first place.

We will be interviewing other pilots as well but priority will be given to these pilots. For example, calls were still going out today to non-Indy pilots.

-Neal

It's not that I don't support the company's decision...I think its awesome that XJT is willing to do this and they should be commended for it. It makes me want to be apart of them even more. I'm just hoping I don't miss the chance to be apart of such a great team. How competitive will 1300/200 be?

ExpressJet Airlines dba Continental Express

what does DBA stand for?

Latest resources

Back