• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT ALPA EMAIL RE: Independence Furloughed Pilot Preferential Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea I kindda answered my own question with the line "I don't like my job"....
It is hard sometimes to be on the outside looking in that's all...

rumorhasit said:
It is hard sometimes to be on the outside looking in that's all...

No question about it, it's terrible to be looking in. Just remember that we were all there at one point, too (at least those of us who worked our way into an airline and didn't just buy the seat). Like everything else in this world, if it's worth having then it's worth waiting (and working) for. Hard work is rewarded in this field....never take the easy way and it will pay off for you. Really.

peace...

I also understand the hiring trend is not going to last very much longer so there is a sense of urgency to get on while you can...

Airlines are just like the stock market my friend

Good year Bad Year Good year Bad year

I missed the massive hiring in the late 90s which I am very glad I did b/c I can assure you that I would have been furloghed by either ACA, COEX, or ASA (regionals I was looking at, at the time.

Glad I did not get hired on...I made the decision not to go from a 172 into an RJ...In fact I found it very scary for pilots with 500 hours going into a right seat in a jet. (sorry the way I feel) I wanted more PIC experience.

If you dont get on..dont sweat it........the airlines will have another massive hiring.

First of all you hurt my feelings....
No seriously "a hole" the point I was trying to make is SOME of the pilots misuse the FAT call....If you even try to disagree...you SIR a full of sht....If you can honestly sit there on your FAT a$$ and tell me no one misuses the system then you need a serious drug test...

So a crew who started at 1800 with only one leg previously is really FAT....? Actually I was Referring to the attitude you are presenting by your response...Thank you so much for proving my point....

There's no doubt some pilots misuse the fatigue call, just as some misuse sick calls, and some misuse the jumpseat policy... Who cares. Every industry has people that do that. Ours just happens to have peoples' lives in our hands every flight. Thus if you question one person's fatigue call, where do you draw the line? Who is to decide which calls are legit and which ones are not? You? From your vast pool of experience? Me, with mine? No, the answer is still NO ONE. We err on the side of safety. ALPA fought long and hard to get companies to do that. It is better for 10 guys to abuse the fatigue call than it is to force one fatigued pilot to fly and have an incident. And, Mr. High and Mighty, one bent wing on a bag cart or one plane stuck in the mud off a taxiway would cost our company A LOT more than 10 fatigue calls. So, don't even try and sound like you're saving the company money by that line of crap you typed. You come on here and make stupid statements, the subjects of which you have absolutely zero understanding of, and expect the rest of us to exalt you for your "new way of thinking"... Give me a break. Good luck, because as I said before I hope I don't share an XJet cockpit with you.

Signed,
An A$$hole that likes his job most of the time, but can't stand whining posers...

EMB170Pilot said:
Airlines are just like the stock market my friend

Good year Bad Year Good year Bad year

I missed the massive hiring in the late 90s which I am very glad Ididb/c I can assure you that I would have been furloghed by eitherACA,COEX, or ASA (regionals I was looking at, at the time.

Glad I did not get hired on...I made the decision not to go from a172into an RJ...In fact I found it very scary for pilots with 500hoursgoing into a right seat in a jet. (sorry the way I feel) I wantedmorePIC experience.

If you dont get on..dont sweat it........the airlines will have another massive hiring.

I find your comments to be a little optimistic. I agree that thegoodtimes, bad times are typical in any career field, especially intheairline one. However, this is not a typical "downturn" fortheprofession. We are still recovering from the largest setback inthehistory of aviation and many many many thousands of pilots havebeen,and will be adversely affected in a negative way. The advice Ioffer topeople who wish to fly here in a regional setting is to getyour timeand get your interview. Seniority is everything, and withairlinesgoing away and list mergers- it's never been more relevant thannow.

As for missing the 90's boom. I got hired at XJT in early '01 andwillhold Captain very shortly. If you would have gotten hired when yousay,not only would you have not gotten furloughed, but you'd be acaptainin base of choice. I can't speculate this situation forothercarriers, but you'd be set here at XJT. Just my .02.

rumorhasit,

I would say you could get in a piss match with most Xjet guys on thisboard, but the one I would avoid at all costs is BadAndy. Trustme he knows volumes more then you can ever imagine about thisprofession. Your crying over spilt milk anyways, there are plentyof companies hiring right now.

Latest resources

Back