• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT ALPA EMAIL RE: Independence Furloughed Pilot Preferential Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard the min.'s are 1000/200 now.. Are they being applied to people who have applied when the min's were 600/100 and their names are in with peoploscout already?

rumorhasit said:
who would give their left nut to fly the routes? Refuse to take a flight because you have a scheduled (a legal day according to contract and faa regs)flight.... so you call in FAT because the sandwiches the outstation provide for you at 12 o'clock at night(there is nothing open at alot of these outstations at 12 am)is not good enough. All the while 30 plus pax are given to other airlines and flights are cancelled....why?

The last time I called in FATIGUED, your family was on board and I didn't want to kill them as I could barely stay awake. I would have given my left nut for more than 4 hours of sleep the night before, some food in the previous 15 hours and weather above 200 & 1/2 to work with, too but, son, sometimes it just doesn't work out like that.

Take your application, student pilot logbook, foggles and $65,000 over to Gulfstream, maybe you can buy yourself some right seat time in an E-120 if you hate your left nut that bad. I am sure the captain will watch as you shoot an ILS with your sporty's foggles on, make sure you put his name in your logbook as safety pilot.

Oh, and stay away from the airlines. You should join the circus instead, they are always looking for freaks with only one nut.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

rumorhasit, you are a freakin' idiot. I guess it runs in the Scheduling family. The one and only time I called off fatigued the first words out of the scheduler's mouth was "you do realize that the flight will probably go out late now?" Hey, if safety isn't first it's at least in the Schedulers Top 10.

Rumor, dont you have a priciples of Navigation class your late for.

Get out of the computer lab and go to class. When you do take Flight Physiology and Human Factors, then you can repost.

Next to last tip: Put down the pilot slang dictionary, it was created by experience and used by the unexperienced.

Last tip: Go to Gulfstream or Mesa...

rumorhasit said:
First of all you hurt my feelings....
No seriously "a hole" the point I was trying to make is SOME of the pilots misuse the FAT call....If you even try to disagree...you SIR a full of sht....If you can honestly sit there on your FAT a$$ and tell me no one misuses the system then you need a serious drug test...

So a crew who started at 1800 with only one leg previously is really FAT....? Actually I was Referring to the attitude you are presenting by your response...Thank you so much for proving my point....:) :rolleyes:

I have no problem with FAT but only when it is clearly abused and cost the company money...if you disagree with that then Oh hell yea I hope I never fly with you...
And for the record there is no repercussions for calling in FAT from the company and I hope there never is...but responsible pilots who aren't spoiled little shtheads like yourself need to either quite being a pain in the A$$ and do the job or get the F/k out so someone who does the job can....
Sometimes you pre-madona's forget who pays the bills....I don't drink the "company's coolaid" but I sure as hell cash the checks every month...

AS FOR THE PERSONAL ATTACKS....I really don't care what YOU think about anything anyway...you have no bearing on my success or failure so GOOD DAY AND PI$$ UP A ROPE...

Pssssst....in case you weren't aware, all you are doing is coming off as a bitter wannabe. Not cool. Let's face it, you're just ticked off because you'd give anything in the world to be an "airline pilot" and you are jealous as all get out of those who already are. Green is not your color. But it doesn't change the fact that you are NOT a pilot for any airline. Therefore, your opinions regarding pilot working conditions don't mean squat.

I think it's great that Xjet is giving the furloughed guys/gals preferential interviews. That's the way it should be. Of course, my chances of getting the call are nill now, but hey, sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.

First of all I knew this would cause issues that's why I said flame bait....

My comments were not meant to insult but to ask why...I see it on this site people don't like their job and I just want to understand why they are still doing it. If everyone who responded with the personal attacks would understand I am trying to understand why SOME pilots do what they do. If you don't think I am "making any friends" on this site by asking the difficult questions then I am sorry but I have learned from this forum. Believe it, I HAVE SUPPORTED AND STUCK UP FOR THE PILOT GROUP EVERYTIME AND ANYTIME REGARDING MOST OF THE ISSUES THAT COME UP HERE(WHICH IS SAYING A LOT)....BUT WHEN THINGS LIKE I DESCRIBED EARLIER IT MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN. And actually I spoke up when the above incident and defended the call to several of my co-workers...(not the company's but the personal perception)

IF YOU DISAGREE WITH MY QUESTIONS THEN I CAN'T NOR WILL I TRY TO CHANGE THAT...BUT I DO WANT TO GET THE POINT ACROSS THAT I AM ASKING TO UNDERSTAND NOT TO INSULT ANY DECISION MADE...it seems that SOME pilots don't like their job and a lot of folks would like to be in their place...that was the ultimate point I was trying to make!!!

I HAVE USED THIS FORUM TO UNDERSTAND BECAUSE I AM NOT IN THE SEAT. PLEASE (OR not I don't care)UNDERSTAND I DO WANT TO FLY AND I EXPRESS CONCERNS OR PRESENT QUESTIONS THAT I CAN'T ASK ANYWHERE ELSE. I DOn't understand what the hostility is about ...AND YES I am not crazy about my job and Yes I was a little discouraged when I wrote the orginal reply...

Last edited:
rumorhasit said:
...it seems that SOME pilots don't like their job anda lot of folks would like to be in their place...

Who cares. A lot of people don't like their job but why make sucha big deal out of it. As someone above said your comments arerooted in jealousy and nothing more so no one wants to listen to youpine over this job or lay critizisms (especially since you haven't doneit).

rumorhasit said:
I see it on this site people don't like their job and I just want to understand why they are still doing it.

Some thoughts for you:

1. Where is it written that everyone absolutely must LOVE their job? To my knowledge, it's not a requirement anywhere. Do you get upset when you run into an accountant or a grocery store clerk that doesn't just LOVE their job? If they don't absolutely adore their job, where is it written that they should resign and make room for all the people out there who would give anything to be an accountant or a grocery store clerk?

2. Let's take someone, as an example, who spends thousands of dollars on schooling and X-number of years to become an attorney. Along the way they get married and have a couple of kids. At some point the attorney realizes that the job doesn't have the idealism he thought it would. Instead, he finds that in order to put food on the table and pay the mortgage, he's having to take boring cases. He really doesn't like his job. What would you expect him to do? He's not trained in any other field. Should he quit and take a job flipping burgers, not make his house payments, and not be able to feed his kids????

3. If you think this job is perfect then you haven't learned a thing from this board. Do you think problems within any company are fixed just magically? People have to complain first or nothing will ever get fixed. That goes for any company out there, not just airlines. Just because someone complains does NOT automatically mean they hate their job. Perhaps they like their job enough to want to see improvements.

It's easy to fall into the bitterness trap when you want something soooooo bad and see other people that have already achieved it. Believe me, I know. And the easy way to spew out that bitterness is to tell others to quit if they don't like it, because you are so danged certain that you would never, ever complain if you had their job. But here's the thing - you have to walk a mile in another's shoes to fully comprehend any situation like this. Most of us who fly for airlines have indeed walked about a thousand miles in your shoes. You have never walked in ours. So who which of us do you think has a better grasp on the situation?

With a lot of patience and a bit of luck, you will someday be at an airline. If you're smart, you'll print this thread out (particularly your posts in it), put it away somewhere and then read it someday after you're employed by an airline.

Latest resources

Back