• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Working at FBO
-Norman Shwartzkopf (sp?)
-Rusty Wallace : Most arrogant jerk I ever met
-Richard Childress
-Sen. John Warner (VA)

Flew Ollie North around for campaign speeches in VA. He is as nice as they come. A real gentleman

Saw Richard petty in the bathroom at Sinature BNA. That boy is Tall!

At ACA

-Saw ron Howard at HPN, he was getting on BizEX at the time

-Took over J32 that Janet Reno came in from CHO on.

-Flew Drew Barrymore from YUL to BOS on Dojet. She had just been divorced from Tom Green. The ramper came up and in a very loud voice said " Hey CAP, She's single now so she's all yours!" She heard him, laughed, and stayed friendly to everyone. She must have taken 100 pictures with the kids on the flight. She is tiny.

Recently had Lt. Gov Bustamonte(SP?) from CA on board but didn't talk to him.

Arnold Schwartzenager (sp?) was at our hotel at LAX for a campaign party.

Met Charles Barkley several times on my commute from PHX to ATL. He is much cooler than I ever expected.

Rusty Wallace : Most arrogant jerk I ever met

You ain't lyin' :D

Being from the area, I've met alot of NASCAR people at GSO, EXX, and BUY, and all the Childress guys when I lived in Welcome, NC. Most are really nice, normal guys (The Petty's are ALWAYS friendly and gracious to a fault) but 'Rubberhead' Wallace and Ricky 'Rude' Rudd have a reputation for being real asses.

I guess is if I was a washed up has-been in the Redneck Mafia I'd have an attitude, too. :D

Minh

Typhoon 1244:

Richard Childress is a team owner in
Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

my short list

flown:

eddie vedder (pearl jam lead singer) many many times. sometimes with his victoria secret model girlfriend....we usually didnt notice him on the plane when that happened.. :)

david spade - really nice guy, joked around and the crew got pix with him by the plane

laurence fishburn - also nice guy.. didnt say much except "mahalo" as he was getting off the plane.

ceo of boeing - cant remember his name at the moment. whacked his head on the way out of my plane.

henry kapono, the group hapa and a few other local celebs

my brain fails me so....

not on my plane, but just missed em as they flew on us:

cindy crawford and family - really nice, down to earth, talked and gave autographs to the FAs and gate agents. took a tour of our flight ops area.

bridget and henry fonda

the guy from behind the fence on the tv show home improvement. story goes that the FA didnt regonize him til he was reading the newspaper and it was covering the lower part of his face.

englebert humperdink

Jumpseating through DFW once, I saw Verne Troyer (Mini-Me) sitting on an electric cart with his short legs dangling...kinda funny to see.

I've flown:
Rachel Hunter LAX-MRY - looked good, but not as hot as in the "Stacey's Mom" video.

Geraldo Rivera SAN-LAX - seemed like a nice enough guy, chatted with the F/A...even after she yelled "Oh my God, Geraldo!!!" as he climbed the steps.

Tom Jones LAS-PSP - he's looking really old

Andy Dick(News Radio) SBP-LAX - weird.

Randy 'Duke' Cunningham CIC-SFO - really nice guy, talked to him before the flight by the soda machines. He asked if I was military or civilian trained of course. I got him to sign my flight release and got a biography sheet from him. No pressure on that landing of course since it was my turn to fly.

Kiefer Sutherland SGU-SLC

Blue Oyster Cult SBP-LAX

Ed Harris MRY-LAX - didn't see him but saw his name on the pax list after landing.

Tommy Chong MEM-DFW - just a few weeks before his most recent arrest. Nice guy.

Ben Stein SMF-LAX - totally cool guy. Told the F/A she was beautiful and said thanks to us up in the cockpit as he deplaned.

Tommy Smothers, numerous times around CA. Really nice guy, even chatted with him at the gate about flow delays once, then carried his golf clubs to the plane.

then carried his golf clubs to the plane.

Way to "lower the bar" man. Next you'll be out cleaning the plane during turns!

I 'yus kidding. :D :cool:

Back on topic:

I also saw Bernadette Peters at Million Air TEB. Nice @$$ for an old chick.

Walked right by Dan Marino and Dan Rather a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice either one of them.

One of the CSR guys there said he was sitting in the pilots lounge one night during his break and Danny DeVito came in and sat down and started eating. He said DeVito offered him some of his food. Hopefully he can use some of that charm, along with Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston and can bring peace to Iraq on their upcoming trip. :rolleyes:

My turn:
Mike Wallace BOS-MVY 3x
Sen John Kerry BOS-ACK 2X
Bob Villa BOS-MVY 3x
Bill Belichek HYA-ACK

The coolest was the cab driver from the show Wings. His daughters wanted to know if I knew who he was. We were in a 402, going MVY-PVD and they thought it was the same plane from the show. I told them "Yes" I knew who thier Dad was and that this was not the same plane, but we still fly the one from the show.

LeeAnn Womack - I brought her back to DFW from LBB after a concert at Tech. Her orginal Eagle flight had been cx, and she was not a happy camper. When I asked her (very discreetly and politely) if she would mind signing her boarding card for me, since I was a fan, she rudely told me 'This is why I fly American. The 'help' isn't allowed to ask for autographs.' I haven't bought another CD of hers since, and won't ever again. :mad:

[/B][/QUOTE]

You have to understand something here. Celebs are continuosly bothered no matter when or where they go. Now granted they know this upfront that they can't have days to themselves. Just think about having a bad day when you want to be left alone and someone comes up to you and asks you for something. She probably wasn't even upset you asked she just wanted to be left alone that day. I don't know her but I have a childhood friend who is a celeb. You walk around and people just constantly bombard you. It can be very intrusive. Sometimes even scary. Plus, not everyone is polite when they ask for pictures or autographs. Then theres the paparazzi always stalking you. You have to give them a little more leeway.

I had an overnight in Tampa with the Houston Texans... they were playing the Buc's the following night.

I met Bobby Unser (Indy Car driver) in Bend, OR.

I had someone tell me they were famous but had no idea of who they were when they told me their name, I think that kinda offended them.

Latest resources

Back