• Watchers 84

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi all,

Over the years, I've seen/flown my share of famous people, but only one sticks in my mind:

I was wandering around the terminal in CLT, looking for a quiet place to sit before I non-revved home. I finally found a place in the gate area for Willmington, NC (back when US flew mainline jets there).

So, I'm sitting there chilling out, and I look up to see Colm Meaney, who played Miles O'Brian on Deep Space Nine (it was big just then). He caught me looking at him, and nodded.

I was going to say something, but I stopped myself. I figured that the poor man was probably heading to some sci-fi convention at a Holiday Inn in no-where South Carolina in the middle of summer. I felt sympathy for the man and let him be.

Best,
Nu

People

1)Had Lucy on our flight once HPN-DCA.What a BEEEEYOTCH!! She totally ignored the flight attendant.Her assistant said that Ms. Ball "doesn't talk to the hired help"
2) Vanessa Williams and Rick Fox-Very nice...Vanessa's a hottie!!
3) Bill Murray-hilarious
4)Mike Ditka-funny
5)Victor Borge-Very nice
6) Rick Wakeman(keyboard player for YES) Super nice guy,and otherworldly talented.

Wesley Snipes to Milledgeville Ga., total dickhead, have no clue what he was doing there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wasted State

Easy on Milledgeville GA. I spent several years there!!!

Dirt

I just remembered while working line in RVS some christian / jazz saxaphone player came in. Wish I could remeber his name. He seemed to be a total jerk. He was in a slowtation.

Seen a few KC Cheifs players catch a charter out or two of OJC.

Also heard that the second Bacholar guy came through OJC.

I have seen quite a few, but have only had several on my actual flight.

Joe Theisman - from FYV to Mem
Eddie Money - FYV to MEM
George Carlin - I think we were going to either GPT or MOB
Evander Holyfield - saw him in DCA
Tom Cruise - saw him deplane at an FBO in ABQ
Oprah - saw her at an FBO in AMA
Carrot Top - talked with him a few minutes waiting to load in MEM
Miss America - dont remember her name, the deaf one. On my flight from MEM to somewhere in Florida, don't remember.
Spike Lee - On my flight I think to JFK or DCA
Mike Stanton - an old high school buddy, and a very good relief pitcher.
Justin Wilson - years ago out of DAL to ABQ on LUV
George Burns - years and years ago, saw him in Denver's airport making a commercial.

I have flown a few famous poeple, but i have actualy met a lot more when i was doing line service a few years back.
The ones i met while doing line Service
George Bush Sr., Jeb Bush, Jimmy Carter, Margret Thacher, Terry Bradshaw
MIke Ditka, Larry Csonka, Joe Theisman, Larry Bird
Harrison Ford, Al Unser Jr., Bill Cosby, Jack Nickalus
Chi Chi Rodriguiz, Greg Norman, Dave (from Wendy's)
Jeff Gordon, Arnold Palmer, Joe Paterno, Lou Rawls
Don Rickels, Martha Stewart, Bob Seager

Those are just the ones that I remember for now.

Ron Howard and family several times-very cool
Patricia Cornwell-author. Took helicopter lessons at our airport.
George W. Bush- saw him at the airport around midnite after campaigning. I was the only one around, he came up, shook my hand and talked to me for 5 minutes.
George Carlin

Who Are We Flying Today?

Don't have all those tens of thousands of hours like most of you guys, but I've run into a few out there...

Morgan Freeman - actor - we shot the breeze at the fbo in Oklahoma City while he waited on his jet to show up. To my surprise he was all alone - and he spoke first! One of the nicest celebrities I think you could meet- and my favorite actor too!

LL Cool J - music personality - bumped into him at O'Hare and I talked to him breifly about some of his really old school stuff.

Elton John - music personality - Signature PDK around 2am - I helped unload their personal effects and then stayed on to drink a lot of coffee with the Gulfstream III pilots that were whisking him around.

Bruce Willis - actor - New Charleston Intl he flew in on his private Gulfstream back when I was a kid and my brother was a line guy there, just remember being too surprised to say much when he was talking to me.

Coach Fulmer - sports - Flew an 8 day trip with the coach and his staff on the Citation II as one of my first trips on the jet. Recruiting trip that took us all over the country, we really got to know the coach, kinda strange when I was used to seeing him on tv so much.

Who Are We Flying Today?

That post by PeteBess is actually from myself; thats what
happens when you use someone elses computer... I thought
it would prompt me to log-in

HA

At Santa Barbara Aviation when I was a ramper/CFI there many yeas ago:

John Travolta - Had a Citation, JetStar, B-707, and Constellation back then.

Pamela Hensley - Came up on weekends in her boyfriends Beech Staggerwing, also took flying lessons from one of the lucky instructors.

Bo Derek
Jane Fonda

In terminals or flown:

Andre the Giant in Dayton, Ohio walking through the terminal, huge guy, ended up on our flight to PIT.

Steve Ritchie, USAF top scoring ace in Vietnam

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back