• Watchers 84

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
brianjohn said:
David Cone pitched for the Royals, Blue Jays, Mets, Yankees, and Red sox. Pitched a no hitter a couple of years ago. He was once accused of "juicing" up a baseball in the bullpen with, uh... baby batter.

Didn't Cone get caught "juicing" up himself with his palm in the dugout a few years ago?

Flew Payne Stewart about two months before he died, nice guy.

Richard Belzer to LA, total nut job.

Flew Esai Morales to Miami a while back when they were filming that Elian Gonzalez Story, somewhat of an arrogant air about him but otherwise nice.

Lauralee Bell, that chick from Young and the Restless to Newark, very nice and really quiet.

Wesley Snipes to Milledgeville Ga., total dickhead, have no clue what he was doing there.

Flew Jerry Springer to Chicago once.

Winona Ryder from LA to Santa Rosa Cali, she was high, smelled like pot.

Yahoo Serious from LA to Las Vegas.

Flew Payne Stewart about two months before he died, nice guy.

Richard Belzer to LA, total nut job.

Flew Esai Morales to Miami a while back when they were filming that Elian Gonzalez Story, somewhat of an arrogant air about him but otherwise nice.

Lauralee Bell, that chick from Young and the Restless to Newark, very nice and really quiet.

Wesley Snipes to Milledgeville Ga., total dickhead, have no clue what he was doing there.

Flew Jerry Springer to Chicago once.

Winona Ryder from LA to Santa Rosa Cali, she was high, smelled like pot.

Yahoo Serious from LA to Las Vegas.

Around the FBO...

Jimmy Buffett:D

Rusty Wallace

Alan Jackson

Peter Gabriel

Aerosmith

Ozzy Osbourne

Tom Petty

Gene Hackman and wife from DEN to Santa Fe. Excellent people.

Patrick Swayze and wife from DEN to Santa Fe. She's Cool. He thinks everyone cares who he is and tries to ignore them.

Jodie Foster and Son and (her sister/assistant?) from DEN to Sheridan, WY. This one is worth telling:

She travels under a different (her given?) name we were told to try from having her hounded by the other passengers because it's her vacation with her son, and she wants to be left alone. They're on a two week vacation to a Wyoming Dude Ranch. We expect the worst.

She walks across the ramp as normal and unassuming as possible (for a famous chick) holding her son's hand )maybe 5 years old?) and pointing out airplanes and stuff on the airport. Stops to chat with the FO at the bottom of the airstair (I guess to ask if it's OK to show her son the flight deck). She stops at the door, son in her arms and asks if it would be OK to let him see inside. I say let him in the FO's seat for a minute. I light up the Chritmas tree for him and make the GPWS talk and get ops on the radio to say hi. She couldn't have been any cooler. Trying not to be inconsiderate, she scoops him up, says thanks and heads to the back. Since the back row (row 9) has three seats together, she comes back and asks if it would be OK if they all sit together. We work it out for her and she sits down.

Now, the son had like 3 boxes of popcorn and a mega-size drink, which I figure is going to end up all over the floor for us to clean up.

We get to Sheridan after a bit of a bumpy ride, and everyone gets off the plane except them. We find them in the back cleaning up any and all of the Popcorn from the floor (nobody does this) AND they have been working real hard to keep the THREE sick bags that the kid filled during the flight from spilling in the back.

Jodie makes TWO trips to make sure everything is fully cleaned up and APOLOGIZES for any mess or distraction they may have caused.

I know I've had Joe accountant, his Biotch wife and their spoiled brat get on board giving everyone attitude the entire flight, then leave behind six boxes worth of crushed animal crackers and even used sick baqs filled with urine for the crew to clean up-at least a hundred times. But I'll always remember the Super-Rich, Super-Famous, Super-Down-to Earth woman I got to take to Sheridan that day. It was an absolute pleasure.

Last edited:
Johnny Cochran from ALB to BUF it was my first trip as a capt. Landed in BUF and the Pax Service Unit (the panel above the seats with the FA call button and light switches) fell down and hit him in the head. Then I herd the FA ask him, infront of 36 other pax, if OJ was really innocient as he was waiting to deplane. I was like great, this is gonna be a phone call or carpet dance.

When I was flying 135 I had a Delaware Senator (don't remember his name) from DCA - SBY - ILG. He was going to SYB for a dinner party and then home. When he got to the FBO in SBY he didn't see that there was a small curb walking from the FBO to the ramp and fell flat on his face, when I helped him up I realized he was drunk off his rocker. His aide/assstant guy who also helped him to his feet just rolled his eyes and was like not again.

When I was a kid back in 85 I was nonreving on UAL. My sister and I were on an empty DC-10 from PHL to IAD, empty except that OJ was sitting across from us in first class. I remember my older sister asking him if he was OJ the football player, he was very nice and talked to us the whole way down to IAD. It was the summer of 85, 9 years prior to the famous car chase.

Saw Dan Rather in DCA running to catch shuttle.

Back in '97 I was a supervisor at SBN for United Express. Muhammad Ali's assistant came in and left keys for the car they had parked at the SBN Airport since he was coming in on the last ORDSBN flight (at the time they lived in Benton Harbor).

So here I am, carrying Muhammad Ali's car keys all day - he and his wife were flying in. We had a kid working there, to whom Mr Ali walked on water. I told him that he was flying in that night, and if he wants - he can give him his car keys. He got an autograph, a picture of him and Mr Ali, and got to give him his car keys :)

Saw him (Ali) this spring at ORD getting off a RedRock (National Airlines) from flight from LAS - everyone just stared, a few shook his hand, and all clapped as he got on the golf cart and headed down the concourse.

Saw Tom Chambers on a PHXDFW flight on DL 10 yrs ago - sitting in coach, in a middle seat (and he's really tall).

Sinbad (the Comedian) at SBN.

Checked-in William Shatner (Capt James T Kirk) for a SBN-ORD-LEX flight after a notre dame football game in '97 - he looked so old.

Tony Robbins (motivational speaker) on an AC flight LAXYYZ a few years back - he is really friggin tall.

I have seen (some I have talked to and the rest just passed by in the halls):

Harrison Ford (seemed pretty nice): He was nice enough to pose for some pictures with one of our VPs (at the time) who was a very big fan. When I told my mom about talking to Harrison Ford, she got really mad at me for not asking him for an autograph for her. He's one of her favourite actors. What can I say...I was in uniform and didn't want to seem caught up in celebrity madness.

William Hurt: flew in with his Seneca V. Nice guy.

Kurt Russell: Nice guy. Stayed and chatted with some of the guys. I heard (didn't see though) he flew in with his Conquest (I think).

Goldie Hawn: Nice gal. Had a smoke and chatted with some of the guys while on the ramp waiting to go.

For the sports fans (especially hockey fans):
The entire Toronto Maple Leafs: Just came in after a loss and some were not in the best of moods. Chatted with Pat Quinn (head coach and GM), Mats Sundin (Captain), and Darcy Tucker. Darcy Tucker came up and asked me about one of the planes parked out on the ramp. Btw, it was a CF-18. The rest of the guys were nice enough to either smile or say hi. We also got to eat their untouched leftover catering. Man, they have good food!!! :D

LA Kings and the Ottawa Senators (during the playoffs).

Being an Air Ambulance pilot, I guess it's kind of good that none of these people were on my plane. ;)

NEDude said:
I just saw Barbra Eden (I Dream of Genie) the other day in ALB.

$#!%$!#%!%+ I pick the wrong week to get TDYed...lol

And as a former scum sucking journalist, I can't play the list would be too long.

Humble

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back