• Start date
  • Watchers 84

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I worked the line in LAR, several political dignatarys came and went. I have seen Harison ford in LAR, JAC, and 61B of all places. He was pretty much a prick every time. Also Elton John flew in on his Challenger, I don't know if it had a chandalier in it or not. He didn't even look at anything or anybody from the airstair to the limo. The Vice pres. has been in LAR a few times. I have flown Tom Brokaw, Gardner( I cant remember his first name) the wrestler that got the gold medal in Sydney, and several university presidents and coaches.

One time the lead singer from Three Doors Down got stuck at a truckstop in LAR. I was working the line that night and it was snowing to beat all hell. He called out to the airport and wanted me to fly him to Boise, ID. As much as I wanted to (never mind the fact that he said money was no object) the weather was to crappy to blast off in a 182RG. Oh well.

This summer we took out like 20 gay guys to the canyon for a trip. Todo tours I think it was. Anyway the guy that won the first surviver was one of them. They tip good at least.

Last edited:
In my charter days...

Flew Vanessa Williams (former Miss America/singer/actress) very nice and personable. Not to mention a knockout.

Picabo Street(skier)

Ray Allen(Mil Bucks nice guy)

Liz Hurley and Brendan Frasier ( for 'Bedazzled'He was cool. she on the other hand was a major Beeotch when told..."uh Ma'am? Dont think we could get all that on our Lear ma'am)

In my airline days...

Mya (R&B singer 'whew' what a hottie and she was nice too. Probably because I was drooling over my flight case)

Saw Chris Rock when I was walking through the terminal in DTW.

Was standing behind Jerome Bettis (Steelers runningback) in the line at Burger king in DTW. Was trying to be low profile but people kept bugging him for autographs. Made a joke by saying, "I get this alot too" he just looked at me like I was from Alpha Centauri"

Della Reese

Erykah Badu while jumpseating on National (class act airline by the way) and was trying to get her autograph for my sister but she was curled up in her first class seat fast asleep. Didn't want to bug her.

James Earl Jones (autographed our flight release)

Bill Bates (former Safety for my beloved Dallas Cowboys. Nicest guy you could ever want to meet)

and a former Tuskegee airman who looked at the flight deck of our CRJ and 'sighed' "man this is something compared to my old Mustang. Another class act.

Good thread,

Rook
600' AGL Autopilot on
'WHEW!'

C425Driver said:

Jimmy Buffett. My old boss and Jimmy were good friends so we would fly with him in his Caravan when his pilots weren't around (usually they were somewhere else in the Citation, then Falcon, with his wife). When Jimmy was in the plane I was in the back while he and the boss flew the Caravan. The first time I met him, he thought I was a Parrott Head so he was cool - we chatted about flying and fishing. On all of the flights after that, when he knew I was just the hired help he was a prick - not even a hello.

Yeah, they were good friends until Jimmy found out what a crook he was.

I met Jimmy a few times in CT when he would fly in to do his show in Hartford. Nice to me, but then I wasn't the hired help. Almost got fired from my instructing job by 425driver's boss for getting my picture taken with him but hey, you only live once.

Also have seen/met:

Robert DeNiro at SWF

Harrison Ford at CAK when he was ferrying his Beaver from TEB to Jackson Hole, I believe. Nice guy.

Elisabeth Dole when I was pumping gas at Signature. Almost too friendly. You knew she was in politics.

Kenny Rogers (cool), Annette Bening (beeyotch), and Orca Winfrey (egotistical super beeyotch) at Signature as well.

Billy Joel. He was sh!t-faced after his concert in Hartford.

Stuart Scott (ESPN) and Buck Showalter, (sp?) ESPN and former manager of the Wankees, on flights from BDL to ATL.

Hillary Clinton at PVD. Had to wait 45 minutes to taxi because of her.

Paul Schaeffer (Letterman) at HPN. Always thought he was a dork, but not a bad guy.

Folks I have known: most of the rock and pop acts of the 70's and 80's: backstage at concerts, and radio station visits, some out on the town hijinx in NYC, too.

Folks I have flown personally in my short charter career:

Denise Rich (of the Mark Rich pardon, Clinton's friend)

Tony Snow, Fox News

Henry Kissinger

Madelaine Albright

Danny DeVito

some current white house staffers whose names I can't recall.

All of the above were very friendly.

Other recent riders at my company:

Britney (travels under an assumed name, and was not identified by two of our pilots.....DOH!)

Mrs. Cheney

Colin Powell

Slick Willy

Shaq

maybe another 50 or more that I can't recall now.

I ran into Al Gore at IAD. He is a nice, sincere man. He seems a little more outgoing in person than he appears to be in public. I didn't share my political story with him, since he and I were both just passing through. I wished him well. I remember feeling a little sorry for him, too.

The girl that played Ellie Mae in The Beverly Hillbillies.
DFW-BTR

The Ripley's Believe it or Not - Werewolf Men.
DFW-SGF

Also a few of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, I don't remember where.

My list

Lets see,
three come to mind real fast.

1) Diane Sawyer- wonderful person. Picked her up in Havana
during the Elian Gonzalas fiasco a couple of years ago.(you
remember Elian dont ya?)
2) General Robert Scott- author of "GOD IS MY CO-PILOT". Took
him to Midland,TX to be inducted into the Confederate Airforce
Hall of Fame just a few months ago. A real honor and if you
have not read his book,do so. Its a must read for all aviators
3) Bobby Bowden-great guy,just like on t.v. I greased that
landing and his exact words were "Good job, boy!!!" Made
me want to do a tackleing drill for him!!
4) A few others

Learguy

Long before I met my wife, she was working at the Applebees in Dyersburg, Tennessee where the cast and crew of U.S. Marshals ate lunch, and she got to meet some of the actors...

Robert Downey Jr.: Very short. Nice guy, bit in real life looks like those mug shots on the cover of Time.

Joe Pantoliano: Pretty rude...barely acknowledged the existence of the "little people" (waitresses, etc.).

LaTanya Richardson: Very rude.

Daniel Roebuck: The guy who played Riggs. Actually talked to my wife at length on a couple of occasions and was genuinely interested in what she had to say. (Didn't hit on her, though...he had his wife and one kid with him.) He even convinced her to ditch the abusive as_hole she was married to at the time and look for something better.

...so, strange as it may sound, I owe my happy marriage to Daniel Roebuck, star of Matlock, The Late Shift, and U.S. Marshals.

What can I say? Life is bizarre.

Tony Randall- Fire Island Ferries (working as deckhand)

Down town Judy Brown-Fire Island Ferries (deckhand)

Katie Couric-San Juan PR In Arpt Store

Flew-76er's, Bruins, Penguins, Senators, Cubs, White Sox, Giants, Flyers, Orioles (took them to Cuba and spent weekend with them in 1999 along with Bud Selig) Diamondbacks, Brewers, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Mariners, Bulls.

Keyshawn Johnson (night club while we were both trying to pick up women)

Warrick Dunn (multiple times in night clubs)

Mike Alstott (multiple times in night clubs)

Bernie Williams (multiple times in night clubs)

Doc Gooden (sat next too on Delta Flight tpa to atl)

Jack Hanna (Continental flight sat one row behind tpa to iah)

Carlos Delgado (Multiple Times in night club)

John Gotti Jr. (night club)

Hulk Hogan

Flew white house press core

Cant remember anything else except that a Captain I flew with was Captain on trip that flew Bin Laden's family to Europe after 9/11 that's it.

Jane Fonda - SAF

Shirley McClain - SAF (Wearing a green flight suit too, with a black vest over it)..looked kinda funny.

Don Imus in bathroom of SAF.

Ted Turner - FAR. Quite the loudmouth.

Tom Cruise - Also in FAR. Sitting on a couch in the lobby with his daughter.

Jerry Jones. SPS

Bob Dole - in small airport at Sumerset Kentucky. I was paying for fuel at this fbo there and I hear a hello from behind me as this guy walks past. I turned around and it was him.

Rodney Carrington - FMN (Farmington NM)

Pete Dominici - GUP (Gallup) Doing the usual politicing that they do.

After watching the Raiders-Titans game last night and seeing the halftime show, it reminded me of when I was just off of IOE on the 727 and got called out on reserve to go to New York and fly LL Cool J and 140 of his closest friends to St. Maarten for a little holiday. Don't know how many people charter a 727 on a moments notice.

Latest resources

Back