• Watchers 84

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

350DRIVER

I just thought this would possibly be an interesting thread regarding "famous" people or people of "interest" that you have run into out on trips... Any lasting impressions or thoughts? Any crazy stories.??

a few that I have seen.

Jerry Jones and Barbara Walters- TEB

James Brown and Hillary Clinton- BUF

Arnold Palmer- LAS and LBE a few times

Willy Gary- RDU TOO many times- he does own a pretty nice 737

:D

Senator Kennedy- Trenton NJ all the time (a big boy in real life):D

can't remember any others now-

3 5 0
:eek:

Saw Michael Stipe in a restaurant in Athens, GA (I like R.E.M.'s music but I HATE their political views).

When I flew for SkyWest, we were preboarding a rather large guy on a LAX-FAT flight. As the passenger walked out to the airplane, I commented to the captain, "That guy looks like that big dude "Jaws" from the old James Bond movies." Sure enough it was Richard Kiel the actor who played "Jaws" the assassin. The FA said he was a really friendly guy, and he didn't try to bite through anything on the airplane!!:D

Took Dan Rather from LGA to SYR. The flight was closed out and he was late. The gate agents said he proceeded with the "Do you know who I am!" routine. they finally let him on. After he settled down, the flight attendant said he was a very nice guy. Also took Sidney Poitier (sp) the actor, from BUF to LGA. Super nice guy.

Once had Walt Willey (from "All My Children") on a ROC-EWR flight with me. When I was flight instructing, Bob Dole, Elizabeth Dole, and Willard Scott all came through the little airport where I worked.

My dad ran in to Jim Kelly and Hulk Hogan passing through PIT once. My college roommate was flying to CA for his mom's funeral and walked right past Kristi Yamaguchi at CLT.

That's all so far ...

R

I ha dFrank Lorenzo on a flight- not so much a famous person as a notorious prick smoker.

Also saw Goose in HPN. He's cool and chatted with us a bit.

Senator John Kerry flew on Cape Air all the time to the islands, and Mike Wallace (60 Minutes) flies many weekends to the vineyard.

D

Reggie White
Placido Domingo
Sam Donaldson
David Gregory
Wayne LaPierre
Kerry Collins
Bonnie Raitt
Jimmy Ray Gilmore (I used to live in AUS)
Jimmy Buffett
and many miscellaneous politicians and NASCAR drivers.

I made my worst landing ever (Junkstream31 at Page AZ) with Meridith Baxter riding in back. I've carried numerous other celebs and seen even more in FBO's but never really cared. I did spend about 20 mins talking to Gallager once in ABQ, neither of us ever mentioned who he was. He was happy to talk about aviation and so was I.

regards,
8N

I've flown:

Callista Flockhart
Ed McMahon
Howard Stern
Darrius from Hootie and the Blowfish
the father from The Wonder Years
Turkish ambassador to the UN
various NFL and NHL players

RightBettor said:
When I flew for SkyWest, we were preboarding a rather large guy on a LAX-FAT flight. As the passenger walked out to the airplane, I commented to the captain, "That guy looks like that big dude "Jaws" from the old James Bond movies." Sure enough it was Richard Kiel the actor who played "Jaws" the assassin. The FA said he was a really friendly guy, and he didn't try to bite through anything on the airplane!!:D

Richard Kiel also played the physical role of Darth Vader. I wonder if he can really hold someone a foot off the ground by their neck? That might have come in handy if another passenger had gotten out of hand!

Latest resources

Back