• Start date
  • Watchers 84

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had Ray Charles in the back of a Dash 8 from TPA-JAX. I heard that its pretty common to see him on that route, he was reading a Playboy in breal, serously, it may be a joke from him.

I wasnt on this trip, but PDT was carrying around Jethro Tull when they were on tour in Florida on regular scheduled trips.

Saw Jerry Lee Lewis on the ramp in ATL about 6 years ago getting into a Lear, he was having a good time with alot of the fuelers and mechanics over at Airport group International on the freight ramp.

Redd Foxx getting off of an F-28 in TLH about 10 years ago.

Walter Payton

A few years back I was flying a King Air. Our company used to fly "Sweetness" kinda regularly.

One Day, we were taking him up to the New Orleans Saints training camp in Wisconsin. The Chicago Bears were having a scrimage game with them. So anyhow, after takeoff, he came up to the cockpit and BS'd with us for most of the flight. Then he invited us to hang with him all day at the camp. We were his shadow for the day, and he introduced us to everyone. WOW! What an experience. Got to meet a lot of cool people that day, including Mike Ditka. Walter Payton was and awesome guy...One of the nicest and most sincere people I ever met. His status never went to his head. I feel I am one of the lucky few who had the chance to meet and get to know him a little.

God rest his soul.

JetPilot500

DCitrus9 said:
, Kareem Abdul Jabar, ...

"All right, but my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot."

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Once after boarding all pax in FWA-CVG, rampies came out all excited about the last to board. "You guys are flying Korn"

My FO and I had no idea what he was talking about until a few minutes later this dirty looking guy with one of the skankiest girls I have ever seen comes out. They board him in the first row and I think he thought it was first class on the RJ !

Saw Danny Glover and Scott O'Grady in CVG airport boarding a Comair flight.

Saw Alan Thicke on the trains in CVG airport.

I mentioned a few earlier, but don't know how I could have forgotten this one.

I'm standing around the airport in Great Barrington, Mass., shooting the breeze with the local airport bums, when this Caravan lands and parks. Who walks in, grabs a rental car, and leaves, but Harrison Ford?

The guys said he came through a lot ... apparently one of his kids was in some prep school nearby and he'd come through to visit. Seemed like a decent guy, though.

A friend's little brother went to college at Vassar, and happened to live in the same dorm with Tom Hanks' daughter. They were friends .... well, when her dad came to visit, Jeff was always, "Hi, Mr. Hanks, how ya doin?" Said he was a very nice guy.

R

EagleRJ said:
Richard Kiel also played the physical role of Darth Vader. I wonder if he can really hold someone a foot off the ground by their neck? That might have come in handy if another passenger had gotten out of hand!
Not that it really matters, but Richard Kiel never appeared in any Star Wars films. The physical part of Darth Vader was played by David Prowse. No, I'm not a Star Wars geek. It just didn't sound right, so I looked it up here
Here's my (short) list in order of cool/nice:
Charlize Theron
Ms. McGraw (matriarch of the McGraw/Hill McGraws)
Gary Bauer
Elizabeth Dole
Steve Forbes
Lou Holtz

seen:
Willie Gary and the "Wings of Justice" @ RDU
James Brown @ AGS
Trent Lott and Fred Thompson @ DCA
Christie Brinkley @ TEX (prettier in person than on pages)
George W. Bush @ CAE
shared a hotel van in ICT with a bunch of former B-29 pilots who had some great stories.

so far in my fairly short career I've seen most all of the nascar guys as they used to come to my home airport every year.

a few others:
-KISS and their GIII?
- Flown Leslie Neilson from CRW-CVG on the DOjoe (kept a low profile, but others that have flown him have told me that he did come up into the cockpit and do his "Airplane" impersonations.
-Flew Docta Ruth from BUF-LGA on the dash. she preboarded and came up and mentioned that all pilots who fly her have good sex for the rest of their life...LOL
-some others I've seen while hangin at the FBO
The "Rock"
Tom Ridge
Joe Paterno
saw Johnny Unitas a few months before he died and my buddy had him sign a 1 dollar bill

BTW, great thread.

Here's my list. Some folks I have seen around their private aircraft and some I have seen while working for Air Willy in a past life...

Richard Gere - Nice guy

"Downtown" Julie Brown (from MTV) - Really nice

Buzz Aldrin - My personal favorite

Sen. Diana Degette - beeyatch

Sen. Ben Nighthorse Cambell - wanker

Tom Brokaw - kind of stuck up

David Brynner - Saw him regularly in Denver. Super nice guy. We were on a first name basis.

John Lithgow - wanker

Sandra Bernhard - annoying skank

Erik Estrada - major wanker

Regis Philbin and Larry King - I saw these guys in South Bend when Stanford was playing Notre Dame. They had chartered an Exec-Jet.

Lets see...
When I was a ramper at HYA I we regularly had "Tip" O'Neil, Ted Kennedy fly on us. In fact, Tip pissed all over himself in the back of a Bandit and I had the dubious honor of cleaning that mess up. We used to have Ethel Kennedy down there picking up people or dropping them off. She usually came with about a 1/2 dozen dogs that ran all over the ramp, pissed in the terminal and be general nusances.
Also, seen in HYA:

Lee Remick, David Hartman(Good Morning America host back in those days), Gene Cernan (Apollo astronaut).

Later on in California I had Clint Eastwood walk by me twice and later stood by as he bought a sectional at Palomar airport. He was taking helicopter lessons and I watched him doing some pretty nice autorotations in the Hughes 300.

In the military I flew a few "heavies" around: CINCPACFLT, Defense Minister of Japan and the President of South Korea.

regards,

ex-Navy rotorhead

I have a friend that flys for Kallitta(sp?) He told me once of picking up James Brown in Miami. Mr. Brown was travelling with some of his ladies( I think about 3 or 4 of 'em!) that day. The Lear24 they were flying that hot August day had no air conditioning and they were like #15 for departure. After awhile, the make-up and mascara started to run down the womens faces due to the extreme heat. At that point, James yelled at my friend," Say man, unghhh, can't ya put some air back here? My bitches is starting to melt, owwww!" I thought that was kinda funny!

Latest resources

Back