Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would SKYW inc trade ASA PBS and dumping ALPA for 1 list?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FishandFly

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I am not anti-alpa, but as I see it alpa will not be nearly as beneficial to us in the coming years as would be simply teaming up with skywest.

It is one thing to get tossed around a bit on contract issues, but we all know that it's going to be getting bad for us.

By the way. This is not the place for skyw guys to complain about how this won't or shouldn't happen. Quite frankly, and ironically, you don't really have a say in this.

I am not anti-alpa, but as I see it alpa will not be nearly as beneficial to us in the coming years as would be simply teaming up with skywest.

It is one thing to get tossed around a bit on contract issues, but we all know that it's going to be getting bad for us.

By the way. This is not the place for skyw guys to complain about how this won't or shouldn't happen. Quite frankly, and ironically, you don't really have a say in this.

For ASA to lose ALPA right now, they'd lose all the Contractual protections as well. There's no way anyone would go for it, unless Uncle Jerry were to do it first and force a representational vote. Otherwise it's just "the word" of an airline CEO. That's how I see it anyway.

Trojan

Otherwise it's just "the word" of an airline CEO.
Trojan

Could there be anything more useless than the word of an airline CEO? They have less character than Lucifer himself!! They are the lowest form of life this planet has ever seen! Lower than the single cell organisms that were in Earth's primordial ooze billions of years ago.

If you believe that this is an option, then make it happen. Don't post here and expect anything to happen other than to tip management off to your strategy.

Explain those benefits.

Are you saying the sky is falling? I don't think the facts support it. "WE" means all inclusive. We all don't know what the future holds, but it's definitely tied to the economy and how it affects our industry. We are actually performing pretty well as a Company--given the conditions. We all may have to disagree on what will happen in the future, and whether it's bad for us. I don't think things will be bad, in fact, when the economy turns around, I think things are going to look great again.

I would have to disagree with this statement. Skywest pilots have a stake in what happens at ASA, as long as we are owned by Inc., and ASA Pilots have a stake in what happens at Skywest. We are connected, just not in the way that you wish--and maybe that is not a bad thing for either group.

Giving up ALPA is not an option for ASA Pilots. Our contract would no longer be enforceable, because ALPA is a party to the contract. I do not want to give up my work rules or the protections provided by it. It protects Our (the WE part) jobs.

I don't think I'm smart enough to have thought of this before alpa and skywest management have thought of it. If you list off each groups bargaining chips that are still held, these are top few.

So, asa guys, why don't we do it? Skywest pilots clearly think they have it better than us. I argued for quite some time that they were wrong, but turns out we are getting the short end of the stick and will continue to indefinetely.

I don't think I'm smart enough to have thought of this before alpa and skywest management have thought of it. If you list off each groups bargaining chips that are still held, these are top few.

So, asa guys, why don't we do it? Skywest pilots clearly think they have it better than us. I argued for quite some time that they were wrong, but turns out we are getting the short end of the stick and will continue to indefinetely.

Maybe, you applied and were hired at the wrong airline.
However, I think that this is a pretty good place to work, better than most. What short end of the stick are you getting? Maybe, it's the short end you chose.

Maybe, you should go back to fishing.

Speedtape, in the scope of this size of transition I would make an educated guess that the amount of money saved by skywest inc. would be substantial enough that transitioning to a SAPA type of union, and decent replacement contract, would be a small part of the puzzle.

Besides, how are we going to do in the next contract negotiations anyway? Asking for payraises while our guys on the street is not going to happen. PBS is going to get shoved down our throats whether we like it or not eventually, and we'll still be losing our flying to skywest on skywest inc.'s whim.

Here's the big picture in my mind. Skywest Inc. is the best thing that has happened to ASA in it's history. (I can vouch for it's recent history).

The role skywest is currently holding us at is nothing more than "sellable asset". Maintaining a position as a sellable asset is not the company I hope to be a part of in the long term.

Maybe, you applied and were hired at the wrong airline.
However, I think that this is a pretty good place to work, better than most. What short end of the stick are you getting? Maybe, it's the short end you chose.

Maybe, you should go back to fishing.

Maybe you should attempt to address the issue instead of reverting to your 11th grade debate team techniques.

Yeah,
Go ahead and decertify, give Uncle Rico all the aces, you think you have it bad now? The only good thing I can say is, I am glad he is your problem, not ours. The worst corn holing we ever had was from him and Tony F. He is the Bad News Bears and your worst nightmare all wrapped up in a cute little Napoleon Dynamite kind of package.
PBR

Latest resources

Back