Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would SKYW inc trade ASA PBS and dumping ALPA for 1 list?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Measure it this way. If Skywest continues to grow and ASA continues to shrink, then it will be time to consider a different course. We must do what is in the interest of our pilot group, regardless of antiquated allegiances to any union.

You are right. I would prefer to do it with ALPA. They have done a lot of good things, and they are a valuable resource. However we need to do what is in our best interest. I wear my ALPA pin with pride, but I sometimes shake my head at their actions.

ASA pilots, as an ALPA insider, you need to tell the leadership that you tired of the status quo. You need to challenge them. If you don't , nothing will change.

Well that is just it.... and it is not exclusive to ALPA members... there is a member/citizen apathy that is about out entire culture....

Between the jumpseating issues and now this.... Skywests' and airline corporate teams would love for ASA to decertify or have vote after an intergration.....

Is that the goal....?

Well that is just it.... and it is not exclusive to ALPA members... there is a member/citizen apathy that is about out entire culture....

Between the jumpseating issues and now this.... Skywests' and airline corporate teams would love for ASA to decertify or have vote after an intergration.....

Is that the goal....?

Rez, I agree. I have never seen the participation as high as it is now. It is not for the good however. ALPA is under threat here at ASA. The ASA pilots are tired of empty promisses from ALPA. ALPA told the ASA pilots that they can't negotiate for Delta flying. They said it belongs to the Delta pilots. Skywest negotiates for Delta flying. Why can Jerry do it, but not ASA ALPA? It doesn't compute for many of us who have given many years to ALPA. We want ALPA to survive, but it is getting tougher every day here.

In a perfect world I would choose to have had skywest vote in alpa, and then proceed to one list. I know that would have led to a significantly better working agreement for the skywest and asa pilots. The problem is that we all would likely agree that it would be impossible now. Skywest pilots have had there say numerous times and SKYW inc. wouldn't want alpa.

As for our losing alpa, I must say that there will be some things that are certainly missed. What we would gain would be incredible though.

The bottom line is that skywest inc. has more than proven themselves to me. They are top notch and are financially solid. Ten years is a long ways away, but I would bet money that being on the skywest side will be better than the asa side.

Last edited:
The union drive would come right back after a ASA/SKY merger. ;) Allegheny Mohawk would make things interesting.

. What we would gain would be incredible though.

What would that be? And don't tell me better pay or more flying. Tell me that industry leading ASAP things would happen. Tell me that just because we didn't have ALPA that SKW inc. would treat us just like they do SKW. Tell me that the pay rates and the PBS that will happen when ALPA looks at all the the options will be better than what JA has given skw so far. Give me a break. What has SKW put in place that was ahead of anything that a union carrier didin't fight for?

Last edited:
Rez, I agree. I have never seen the participation as high as it is now. It is not for the good however. ALPA is under threat here at ASA. The ASA pilots are tired of empty promisses from ALPA. ALPA told the ASA pilots that they can't negotiate for Delta flying. They said it belongs to the Delta pilots. Skywest negotiates for Delta flying. Why can Jerry do it, but not ASA ALPA? It doesn't compute for many of us who have given many years to ALPA. We want ALPA to survive, but it is getting tougher every day here.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, Jerry negotiates for Delta flying--for both Skywest and ASA. ALPA has not and does not negotiate for flying. Alpa negotiates your work rules, pay, and benefits. Through 3 contracts, they have delivered.

Just curious, to what empty promises are you referring? ALPA has been under threat since about 1931, when it was formed--it didn't just start happening in the last few years. The ASA pilots are ALPA at ASA. I would say that ALPA's threat at ASA are the disingenuous people who claim to be insiders and come on FI to try and reveal the interworkings of the MEC. YOU ARE THE THREAT! One has to question your loyalty and integrity, IF you are a volunteer.

But then, what Committee do you serve on? Why should anyone give any creedance to what you claim, when you obviously have no loyalty to anyone but yourself?

Measure it this way. If Skywest continues to grow and ASA continues to shrink, then it will be time to consider a different course. We must do what is in the interest of our pilot group, regardless of antiquated allegiances to any union.

Is Skywest continuing to grow? Check your facts, please.

The ASA pilots are ALPA at ASA. I would say that ALPA's threat at ASA are the disingenuous people who claim to be insiders and come on FI to try and reveal the interworkings of the MEC. YOU ARE THE THREAT! One has to question your loyalty and integrity, IF you are a volunteer.
Why would he be the threat? Because he doesn't agree with how things are going at the MEC level? Why is he privvy to things that are going on at that level that the entire pilot group isn't then? I thought we were ALPA. We don't we have the down and dirty as well?

Latest resources

Back