• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would NetJets Strike If...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's a question for the 1108. NJ goes on strike for what ever reason in the future. Owner Mr. Jones wants to fly A to B, but you're on strike, so no one is flying. Flex or Flops is also apart of the 1108 and Mr. Jones has a share with them as well and they take the trip even though NJ is on strike, would that crew be considered a scab for taking struck work?

No they would not. Anymore than if American went on strike and pax rebooked on Delta

Last edited:
But NJ keeps saying the 1108 is nothing like ALPA. I guarantee one thing, the NJ pilots will be complaining on here about that pilot group not showing enough support.

Here's a question for the 1108. NJ goes on strike for what ever reason in the future. Owner Mr. Jones wants to fly A to B, but you're on strike, so no one is flying. Flex or Flops is also apart of the 1108 and Mr. Jones has a share with them as well and they take the trip even though NJ is on strike, would that crew be considered a scab for taking struck work?

No disrespect to pilots, but questions like this are the reason there are lawyers who specialize in labor issues. A decision like that would be decided by leadership meetings between the 1108 Executive Board and the MECs from each pilot group, with guidance from legal counselors. Then the pilots would vote on whether or not they are willing to strike. After all of that, they must be released by the NMB. I think the situation at that time (unknown now) would dictate the outcome. Thus, don't you think your question is just a bit premature....:rolleyes: and isn't it time to move on now?

No they would not. Anymore than if American went on strike and pax rebooked on Delta

Exactly. And if the owner is concerned or has worries, s/he could simply grab a charter and be assured that the folks up front have absolutely no dog in the fight. That's what I would do!

It makes me laugh, it wasn't too long ago you NJ pilots were telling everyone to stay away, it's horrible working here. Now, because you get more money, it's suddenly the place to be. It's still the same old employee beating sweat shop it was before the contract, you now just get paid more and suddenly all is well. I was happy with CS before the pay raise and I'm now just happier several years later. But, somehow management always has a way to get what they want in the long run. Good luck!

Correction: many NJ pilots enjoyed the job, just not the pay, and they couldn't tell other pilots when the contract would be settled. It's normal to avoid places where you can't be sure how the contract will turn out. Myself and others, simply cautioned pilots to be sure they could make it on the low FO pay for as long as it took. The contract put an end to scheduling abuses and those who know their contractual rights make money if the company fails to comply w/the rules. They also won home-basing for all pilots on the seniority list at ratification--a big boost in QOL for those who were commuting. So it isn't just the money that made a difference. Furthermore, the latest professionally conducted survey of the pilot group shows the vast majority are quite satisfied with how things are going now. Positive changes have been taking place at NJA as management and the union address areas of mutual concern--together. Good working relationships are being fostered and pilots are being listened to more than before. One in particular comes to mind...:p To the naysayers, I say that substantial change takes time, but just stay tuned...;) NJW

FLYLOW22, You must have something against gays. Don't no ck it unless you have tried it. All that's right, before the contract you had a big jar of KY next to the bed. Now that you get more money, you still keep the KY next to the bed, don't you. I won't tell.

I can't tell you how many owners I've flown that used to be NJ, thats right used to be. The number one complaint was the pilots had no personality. They just hated the world. The crew was very unapproachable. When it comes down to it they pay us and we can't forget that. They liked the plane and they still thought it was safe, they just couldn't stand the attitude. You know what, when I'm in the FBOs I can see it first hand.

If I were working 7 days in a row and it was 18 hrs a day pillow to pillow I'd have a $hitty attitude also.

That's why I don't have a gig like that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back