Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oakum_Boy said:
ATTENTION, ATTENTION:

THE ONLY CORRECT TIME TO USE THE PHRASE- "WITH YOU" IS WHEN CHECKING IN WITH THE SAME CONTROLLER ON A DIFFERENT FREQUENCY.

WHEN A CONTROLLER SAYS:
"SWITCH TO MY FREQUENCY", THAT IS YOUR CUE TO USE YOUR FAVOURITE LITTE PHRASE, "WITH YOU", AFTER YOU HAVE SWITCHED TO THE NEW FREQ.

I BETTER NOT HEAR ANYMORE ABOUT THIS.

BREAKER-BREAKER, OVER AND OUT.
...I'm not WITH YOU on this one.

It's funny how the majority of people on here are violently against using with you, however, I hear the majority of 121 pilots using with you constantly.

I think we have some closet "with you" users on here.

It takes less than a nannosecond to say 'with you', so it's not like it's tying up the radio frequency or anything like that.
I think it's funny how some people, like the military guy from a prior post, take the term "with you" literally. Everybody know's that just because a pilot say's with you, that dosent mean that he is physically "with you" in the same room or anything. People who are so ignorant to think that with you literally means were sitting side by side are just being plain silly.
Jesus, don't let 2 words upset you so much!!

I personally follow rules and try to be a by the book type of pilot without being the anal know-it-all we all have to fly with sometimes. However, I'm not a renegade/cowboy pilot either. I personally don't see the problem in saying checking in or with you when changing over to a new center. When changing altitudes or in the approach phase of a flight, standard phraseology is alot more important. Personally, I've said with you a thousand times, I've also said checking in, and all the others. I'll bet the majority of pilots on here are guilty of saying all of them too. Anyway, just my .02 worth :nuts:

blingair said:
only if you have teepee for my bunghole

You have awakened my bunghole and now you must pay - The streets will flow with the blood of the unbelievers

My favorite on is when ATC instructs you to ident and the Pilot says, "Here comes the flash". You don't hear this one very often but I love it when I do.

av8er23 said:
My favorite on is when ATC instructs you to ident and the Pilot says, "Here comes the flash". You don't hear this one very often but I love it when I do.

Ha ha.

Here's my fav. Someone told me that they heard center ask an old crusty airline pilot how the rides were and the pilots response was: "Well, I'll put it to you like this....If I was pickin' my nose, I'd be puttin' my eye out"

I about keeled over:laugh:

Latest resources

Back